Afternoon Tea at The Pudding Pantry

You guys may remember that a few weeks ago my mum and I went along to see The Addams Family Musical at The Theatre Royal in Nottingham. Well, before the show we actually popped into a little place called The Pudding Pantry for afternoon tea. And we enjoyed it so much that today I thought I’d review it here on my blog in case you guys are ever on the lookout for somewhere nice to enjoy a bite to eat while you’re out and about in the city.

The Pudding Pantry can be found at 27/29 Trinity Square, Nottingham, and afternoon tea is served from 2 pm till 4:30 pm daily (5:30 pm on a Saturday). You do need to book at least 24 hours in advance and pay a £5.00 deposit per person. This is so they can cater for any dietary requirements you may have, and because everything is freshly made on the premises. And trust me, it’s delicious!

Afternoon Tea at The Pudding Pantry

Our table was booked for 4:30 pm, and we only just made it in time as our bus journey took almost double the amount of time to get into Nottingham city centre than usual that day! Luckily, The Pudding Pantry was really easy to find, so we didn’t waste any more time and miss our reservation completely!

Outside The Pudding Pantry, Nottingham

From the outside, The Pudding Pantry looks fantastic. You can’t miss it when you’re walking past as it has big glass windows where you can see straight inside. And it looks so inviting that you can’t help but want to go in and see what they have to offer.

Behind the Counter at The Pudding PantryInside The Pudding Pantry

Inside The Pudding Pantry, the decor is really lovely. It’s decorated in pastel tones and has real ‘country kitchen’ type of feel to it. There is plenty of room for people to sit and enjoy a nice cup of coffee or a slice of cake, and as soon as we walked through the door we were made to feel welcome by all the staff who were working that day. It makes a nice change to be greeted by a friendly face these days!

Afternoon Tea Table at The Pudding PantrySugar Cubes in a Mason Jar at The Pudding Pantry

Upon arrival, mum and I were shown to a table for two beside the window. It was the only table in the room with a table cloth on, which I’m guessing was because we were there for afternoon tea. I loved that it was all ‘dressed up’ for the occasion, and thought the little finishing touches like having a reserved sign and cups and saucers on the table ready for us were fab. Oh, and how cute do the mason jars with the sugar cubes in look?!

The waitress gave us a drinks menu to peruse so we could choose the type of tea we would like to drink during our visit, and I was surprised at how big a selection they had! There were things like Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Peppermint, Oolong and Mixed Berry, to name just a few.

Mum at The Pudding Pantry

My mum isn’t really a big tea drinker, so she was pleased to see that you could upgrade your drink to a coffee for an additional charge of just 50p. Again, there was a large selection of different coffees to choose from, and she decided to go for a Latte.

I, on the other hand, love a good cup of tea. And I opted for an individual pot of Earl Grey loose leaf tea. I’m a big fan of Earl Grey but don’t drink it very often. I was pleased to see that The Pudding Pantry source their tea and coffee locally as well. I really love to see local businesses helping each other out. So that gets a big thumbs up from me!

Grab a Latte at The Pudding Pantry

When the Latte arrived it almost looked too good to drink! I love how they popped a little heart in the foam on the top. And I know I always say this when I eat or drink out at different places, but it really is the little things like this that you tend to remember when you leave.

Afternoon Tea at The Pudding PantryAfternoon Tea at The Pudding Pantry

Shortly after the drinks arrived, the rest of the afternoon tea was served. It came on a traditional three tiered stand, with a selection of sandwiches on the bottom tier, petit fours on the middle tier, and mini vanilla scones, jam, and cream on the top tier. Everything looked delicious and we couldn’t wait to tuck in!

Afternoon Tea At The Pudding PantryDelicious Sandwiches at The Pudding Pantry

There were four different types of sandwiches for us to try on the day we visited: Ham with Bramley Mustard, Turkey, Tomato and Mozzarella, Satay Sliced Vegetable, and Roasted Halloumi, Aubergine and Romesco. And boy, were they delicious! I think we managed to devour most of them between the two of us.

My favourites had to be the Ham with Bramley Mustard, which surprised me because I’m not usually a fan of apple based sauces, and the Turkey, Tomato and Mozzarella. But in all honesty, they were all delicious.

Enjoying Afternoon Tea at The Pudding Pantry

I have to say, the Earl Grey went down a treat as well. I wish I’d taken a picture of the teapot it was served in as it was just beautiful. It was a marble effect one, which I know you guys would have appreciated as much as I did, as anything marble is big news right now!

Sweet Treats at The Pudding Pantry

The petit fours didn’t disappoint either –  they were every bit as delicious as they looked! Clockwise from the top, we had Oreo and Chocolate Cupcakes, Ginger and Peach Cheesecake, White Chocolate and Apple Blondies, and Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies. Again, we managed to eat most of the sweet treats between us, but we did take the cookies home for the kids as we were beginning to get full by this point and still hadn’t touched the scones!

I was blown away by how nice the little cakes were, and mum and I agreed that the Ginger and Peach Cheesecake was our favourite. It was lovely and creamy and had the perfect amount of ginger flavour to it. I wish I could get my hands on the recipe as I’d love to recreate it at home. That’s never going to happen though. The kids loved the Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies as well, and Oscar has declared them his new favourite biscuit. That’s high praise indeed.

Vanilla Scones with Jam and Cream at The Pudding Pantry

And last but not least we moved on to the homemade vanilla scones, with homemade strawberry jam and clotted cream. Now, I only managed to eat one as I was so full by this point, but they were lovely. I don’t think you can beat homemade scones and jam. What do you guys think?

Afternoon Tea at The Pudding Pantry

When we visited The Pudding Pantry we had their classic afternoon tea, which is £15.95 per person, but here are actually 3 different options you can choose from:

• Classic Tea, which is the one that we had. This tea includes 2 mini scones, homemade jam & clotted cream, 4 individually designed cakes and sandwiches.
  • High Tea, which includes 2 mini scones, homemade jam & clotted cream, 4 individually designed cakes and sandwiches, and a glass of bubbly Prosecco.
  • Sweet Tea, which includes 2 mini scones, homemade jam & clotted cream, and 4 individually designed cakes.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience of having afternoon tea at The Pudding Pantry. I thought it offered great value for money, and I most definitely didn’t leave feeling hungry. In fact, I don’t think I touched any other food for a good 24 hours after as I was so full (in a good way, of course). I’ll most definitely be going back to try out some of the desserts that they have on offer in the near future, as their entire menu sounds absolutely delicious. Why not click here and take a look for yourself?

Before I end this post I just want to say a massive thank you to the team for letting my mum and I come along and try out The Pudding Pantry’s afternoon tea. It was absolutely delicious.

Have you guys ever been to The Pudding Pantry for Afternoon Tea before?
Don’t forget to let me know in the comments below!

We kindly received a complimentary afternoon tea for two in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are our own.

1. 27/07/2017 / 11:21 am

What a lovely place! I love going for afternoon tea. If I’m ever in Nottingham I’ll have to give this a try x
    Stephanie Merry recently posted…Upping my gourmet gameMy Profile

2. 27/07/2017 / 1:13 pm

I’ve never been to England, so there were a few things that I noticed that I now need to ask.

What is the difference between the white sugar cubes, and the brown ones? (Are there different times to use them?)

What exactly is clotted cream? Is it liked whipped cream?

I moved to Sweden almost 5 years ago from USA and I still have not taken the time to make a trip to England, but this post seriously makes me want to start to plan. Those sandwiches sounded DELISH, and I loved that they have vegetarian options! That makes it even better!

The price does not sound unreasonable based on my conversion to swedish kroner. I am definitely going to keep this place in mind!

• 04/08/2017 / 10:39 pm

I think in this instance the difference between the white and brown sugar cubes would be that people usually use the white in tea, and the brown in coffee. And clotted cream is a lot thicker than whipped cream. It spreads beautifully on to scones 🙂
      Louise recently posted…4 Tips to Finding the Best Plus Size Luxury Designer DressMy Profile

3. 27/07/2017 / 4:24 pm

I am so glad I came across this post! I am hoping to get to London this fall and would LOVE to have tea somewhere everyday I’m there! Writing this down in my Place to Visit in London list! Thank you!

4. 27/07/2017 / 4:49 pm

This is dreamy, one day we will visit and definitely do afternoon tea. I love the inset in the wall with the tea cups on the ledge, such pretty decor.

5. Joanna
    27/07/2017 / 5:51 pm

The cream tea looks so delish! I love that there are so many different sandwiches and cakes on your plate. I like that you can change for the tea with coffee, I am not a big tea drinker either.

• 04/08/2017 / 10:41 pm

It really was delicious, Rebecca. I would love to go and have afternoon tea there every week 🙂
      Louise recently posted…My Travel EssentialsMy Profile

6. Hunter
    27/07/2017 / 8:00 pm

What a lovely post! Looks like you enjoyed a wonderful afternoon.

7. 27/07/2017 / 8:10 pm

It sounds and looks wonderful! I love all the little extra touches like the table cloth, and the cakes look amazing!! If you could just send me one of those chocolate cupcakes and a scone that would be wonderful!!

8. 27/07/2017 / 10:05 pm

OMG, this is goals. This place looks fabulous I wish we had some places like that in Serbia

9. 27/07/2017 / 11:19 pm

That sounds nice. I always love the ambiance of a nice country kitchen. Seems like a wonderful place to go.

10. reesa
    28/07/2017 / 2:30 am

How lovely was this day! I hope to one day get to enjoy tea like this!

11. Benita
    28/07/2017 / 2:41 am

Oh my goodness that is such a lovely place, so quaint with elegant touches. It seemed like such a wonderful place to spend the afternoon not to mention the delicious sweets. I’m a coffee drinker and that cup looked so good.

12. Ashley Mullins
    28/07/2017 / 3:20 am

This looks like such a lovely place! I love tea and I wish us Americans had cute places to have afternoon tea!

13. Ashley
    28/07/2017 / 3:29 am

Oh how fun!! Looks like such a lovely place.

14. 28/07/2017 / 9:13 am

This post has gotten me really hungry : ) . Loved the old world charm and rustic look of Pudding Pantry along with the menu. The table cloth, mason jar for sugar cubes, attention to details…every little bit counts when it comes to the overall experience of a place

15. 28/07/2017 / 10:39 am

I love gorgeous little places like this. They are so quaint and such a quintessentially English thing to do. Looks gorgeous!

16. 28/07/2017 / 12:59 pm

now this is definitely my type of tea , i really love cakes

17. 28/07/2017 / 3:55 pm

I’m not a huge fan of sweats, but they sandwiches look really nice!

18. 28/07/2017 / 5:02 pm

I absolutely love this! I’m such a big fan of afternoon tea, and this place looks so cozy and adorable. You’re making me want to go out on a “tea date” soon!

19. 28/07/2017 / 5:26 pm

I really want the vanilla scone with strawberry! It looks amazing and is making me hungry. I love scones~

20. 28/07/2017 / 8:01 pm

I am an afternoon tea fan so this really appeals. I love the sound of the sandwiches as they are not they typical cucumber or ham and mustard. These ones sound that bit more exciting!!!
    MELANIE EDJOURIAN recently posted…Is It Time to Upgrade Your Old Phone?My Profile

21. 29/07/2017 / 12:07 am

Oh My! Oh My! What doesn’t look good? I love high tea. The sandwiches just look divine at the Pudding Pantry.

22. 29/07/2017 / 2:06 am

Oh my! What a cute little location. I love the decor and how they have featured the treats. I think coming in with your laptop and work there would be amazing.

23. 29/07/2017 / 2:27 am

I’ve always wanted to go to afternoon tea! This looks like such a cute place!

24. Laura H
    29/07/2017 / 1:51 pm

The crockery looks cute and there are decent size sandwich portions which seems to be a rarity these days when it comes to afternoon tea!

25. Lynne Harper
    29/07/2017 / 1:53 pm

Now this is my kind of place. I absolutely adore going out for afternoon tea. It’s such a great experience and I have always had the most gorgeous food x

26. 29/07/2017 / 3:01 pm

I love afternoon tea. The raspberry-topped cakes look delicious. I do prefer finger sandwiches though.

27. 29/07/2017 / 4:39 pm

I really really want one of those cakes now!! It all looks amazing! X

28. 29/07/2017 / 9:13 pm

Looks great. I have just messaged my friend and recommended here based on your review so thanks 🙂

29. 30/07/2017 / 6:57 am

The Pudding Pantry is such a cute place! It reminds me a lot of my Granny. When I was growing up, every afternoon she stopped for tea and a little piece of whatever cake she had on the counter. We had some of our best conversations during those moments. x

30. 30/07/2017 / 2:48 pm

It looks fab! Love a good afternoon tea. My husband is from Nottingham so will look out for it the next time we’re up. Glad you had such a good day x

31. 30/07/2017 / 10:31 pm

How amazing does that afternoon tea look? So delicious.

32. 31/07/2017 / 1:33 am

I love everything about this!! I would LOVE to have tea there!

33. 31/07/2017 / 3:58 am

I have not done afternoon tea before, it looks so fun. I need to find this around me and dress up and go and have some fun. Pinky up everyone.

34. 31/07/2017 / 4:41 am

This is too adorable and quaint …I have girlfriends I’d love to sip tea with here!

35. 31/07/2017 / 9:47 am

It looks like an amazing afternoon tea, we popped in a few weeks ago but there was nothing my daughter really wanted for lunch on the menu (so they might want to consider that children might want to eat there too) so we left but I will definitely be going for afternoon tea with the girls soon!

36. Sarah
    31/07/2017 / 6:18 pm

This looks delicious I love afternoon tea! Shame I’m so far away…

37. 31/07/2017 / 9:41 pm

I learned quite a bit from your post (not from England). Should I ever get to go it looks like The Pudding Pantry would be a neat place to visit. It’s so cute.

38. Tiara Wilson
    02/08/2017 / 4:31 pm

This little tea pantry looks absolutely beautiful. I would love to enjoy a day off or two here just eating some bakery items and enjoying some nice and quiet. I wish we had a little cute place like this here in Colorado.

39. 02/08/2017 / 9:37 pm

yum! I love a good sandwich and bakery items in the same place. what a cute spot too.

40. sophie
    04/08/2017 / 7:45 am

This looks so much fun! I gotta try this out very soon! Do you do this very often?

41. Elizabeth O
    04/08/2017 / 1:55 pm

Such a lovely place. I really like going to the tea shop. And if I go to Nottingham, I want to try to go to “The Pudding Pantry” and try some Oreo cupcakes and peach cheesecake. And I also want to try Earl Grey loose leaf tea. I’m a big fan of it. You know I’m a tea drinker lover so much!!!

42. 05/08/2017 / 1:53 am

First, I love the name of this place, The Pudding Pantry. So stinkin cute!

I am a tea and coffee drinker and your tea and your mom’s coffee look yummy. And, those sweet treats! OH MY.. I can feel the toothache coming on just by looking at them. YUM.

43. 06/08/2017 / 11:52 pm

This seems like a really cool outing. Those petit fours and scones look delicious! I wish we had something like this in our area.

44. 07/08/2017 / 12:32 am

Oh how delicious the drinks and food looks. We don’t have anything even close to The Pudding Pantry in my city. In fact I have never seen such a place with that type of service in the states I have been in. We have coffee shops, but they are not the same. It all looks very inviting.

45. Rosey
    08/08/2017 / 11:07 am

I do like tea, but like you’re mom, I’d much rather upgrade to coffee if possible. It looks like a great place to spend some time with someone too!

46. Michelle Murray
    08/08/2017 / 2:04 pm

We absolutely love Afternoon tea and have one booked for September – cannot wait.