Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set

When I was having a clean up in my beauty cupboard a couple of weeks ago I came across a box of hair care goodies I’d totally forgotten was in there – an Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set! It was actually the perfect time for me to come across them, as I’d started running a little low on shampoo and conditioner. I decided to move them into the bathroom and give them a try. And when I opened up the box I found it contained 4 products in total – a shampoo, a conditioner, a treatment mask and a leave-in balm.

Each of the products is beautifully packaged in black tubes and pots with gold lettering. And they have a lilac coloured band around the bottom with the words ‘Absolute Perfection’ on so you can differentiate them from similar products in the Avon Advance Techniques range. In my opinion, the packaging makes them look like much more of a premium product than they actually are. I couldn’t wait to test them out!

Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set

Now, according to the box, each of the products in the Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set is formulated with something called ‘Advance Shield Technology’, which provides hair with 10 beauty benefits when all 4 products are used together. And that’s where I hit my first snag. I don’t know about you guys, but I have very fine coloured hair. And if I were to use both a conditioner and a treatment mask in the same wash, it would just weigh my hair down and make it look dull and lifeless. I decided there and then that I would just have to use the shampoo and conditioner together, then use the treatment mask on the days I used my purple shampoo, which is usually about once a week. And the leave-in balm could be used alongside all 3 of the other products. I just had to keep my fingers crossed that I’d still get the 10 beauty benefits (which are conditions, protects, nourishes, improves shine, anti-humidity, smooths, seals, controls frizz, silkens, and eases styling), from using them separately.

So, how did I get on with them?

Avon Advance Techniques BB Shampoo and Conditioner

Avon Advance Techniques BB Shampoo and Conditioner

First up I tried out the Avon Advance Techniques BB Shampoo, which comes in a 250ml bottle. I’m not very good at describing scents, but it’s really fresh and lovely – not at all what you’d expect a shampoo to smell like! When I massage the product into my scalp it lathers up really nicely, and it’s easy to rinse out too. I have to admit I was kind of expecting it to be a nightmare to wash out. I’m not sure why. Maybe because ‘BB’ stands for ‘Beauty Balm’ and I thought the texture would be a lot balmier than it actually is? I guess that would make sense!

Once I’ve rinsed out the shampoo, I take a little bit of the Avon Advance Techniques BB Conditioner and apply it to just the lengths of my hair. Conditioner can be a tricky product to wash out of the hair properly, and if I use it on my roots I often find that my hair ends up feeling like there’s something on it weighing it down, as well as leaving it looking dull and lifeless. I’d rather just use it on the lengths and have them looking silky and smooth. And boy, does this conditioner help me to achieve that! I really like how my hair looks and feels after I’ve used this particular conditioner. I love it.

Avon Advance Techniques BB Treatment Mask

Avon Advance Techniques BB Treatment Mask

Next, I tried the Avon Advance Techniques BB Treatment Mask, which comes in a 150ml pot. Like I mentioned before, I used this after washing my hair with a purple shampoo that helps keep my highlights looking fresh and new. The mask smells like a regular conditioner, so super yummy, and I tend to take a fair amount of product, spread it evenly through the lengths of my hair, leave in for around 2-3 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. I can always see a massive difference to the condition of my hair when I’ve used the treatment mask. It looks stronger and healthier than on the days I haven’t used it. I think a lot of this comes from using it alongside the purple shampoo though. The two products really do work wonders together.

Avon Advance Techniques BB Leave-In Balm

Avon Advance Techniques BB Leave-In Balm

Last but certainly not least is the Avon Advance Techniques BB Leave-In Balm, which comes in a 150ml squeezy tube. And sadly, this is the one product in the range that I’m not all that keen on. Basically, I was expecting this particular product to actually be a balm. And it isn’t. It’s just another conditioner. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easy to use – you just need to squeeze some out into the palm of your hand, then distribute evenly through your hair. Again, I just do this in the lengths of mine so as not to weigh my hair down. But it’s so difficult to rub in, and I find that my hair gets super tangled whenever I use it. There is a plus side to using it though. It smells incredible! And the scent lasts all day. But I just don’t think it’s worth using if you have fine hair like mine as your hair will probably end up being a knotty mess. I think I’m going to pass my tube on to a friend with thicker hair to try out.

Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set

Overall, I do like most of the products from the Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set, but in all honesty, I don’t think I’d re-purchase them with my own money. There are so many other great shampoo’s and conditioners out there that I prefer. Like I mentioned before, I have really fine coloured hair, and I think these products would work a lot better on thicker hair – especially the leave-in balm.

At the moment I can’t find details of this particular collection on Avon’s website, but they’re likely to pop up in one of their brochures again in the near future, so if they sound up your street it’s most definitely worth keeping an eye out for them.

Have you ever tried any of the products from this collection before?
I’d love to hear what you thought of them if you have.

Thanks for reading guys.

I was kindly sent the Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

1. 24/07/2017 / 8:53 pm

It all sounds very moisturising! I have super thick hair so could probably handle this level of conditioner!

2. 24/07/2017 / 9:29 pm

I haven’t used anything from Avon for years. I should definitely check them out again!

3. 24/07/2017 / 9:46 pm

I really like Avon products but there doesn’t seem to be a brand rep around where I live – shame!

4. 25/07/2017 / 1:19 am

I have thick hair so it might work better for me although do you know if Avon is cruelty free? Also I am glad that you liked the products for the most part even if you would not re-purchase them with your own money x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…10 Ways To Make Money From HomeMy Profile

5. 25/07/2017 / 4:42 am

The Avon Advance Techniques BB Absolute Hair Perfection Gift Set sounds like an amazing present to give a friend or family member. I love the packaging, and the products sound amazing!
    Heather Johnson recently posted…Burlap Ribbon Summer Flower Wreath CraftMy Profile

6. 25/07/2017 / 9:15 am

I don’t pay attention enough to Avon products, this rounds sounds really good, and looks really chic and luxe as well. I have really thick hair so I may check these out!

7. Dannii
    25/07/2017 / 11:25 am

I could really do with some of this at that moment. My hair is really dry and needs hydrating.

8. 25/07/2017 / 12:31 pm

I never think about Avon when I’m buying hair and beauty products. Maybe I should give them a go. I’d love to know how your friend gets on with the leave in conditioner. I’ve got thick hair and have been looking for a leave in one to try.

9. chichi
    25/07/2017 / 7:17 pm

i haven’t tried any of these products, but after ur review will love to try the leave in balm!

10. 25/07/2017 / 8:23 pm

I find quite a lot of leave in conditioners are a little meh, but I’m glad the other products worked for you. I rarely ever look at Avon, but I might have to order these!

11. 26/07/2017 / 12:24 am

I think this would be a great product for my thick hair! I haven’t gotten into contact with an Avon seller in years, I may have to check in on this now!

12. 26/07/2017 / 10:57 am

Oh my goodness! I haven’t seen Avon product in so long! My mom used to sell it when I was a kid. They always made such great products.

13. 26/07/2017 / 1:07 pm

I always forget about Avon, their products seem to have pretty good reviews as well! I’ve got a lot of hair, so would be interested to see how this would work with me.
    Samantha Bye recently posted…The Fad Diet Diaries #1: Protein WorldMy Profile

14. Phạm Anh Thảo Nhi
    26/07/2017 / 2:32 pm

I have quite thick hair but I’ve never thought of taking care of it seriously – honestly all I’ve ever used are shampoo and conditioner, and that’s it, nothing else ;-; It’s probably the reason why my hair isn’t so silky ;-; However, I’m glad that the other 3 products worked well for you! Thanks for recommending this set – I’ll definitely try it!

15. 26/07/2017 / 6:01 pm

I did not even know that avon did hair products…will have to give these a go 🙂 x

16. jay
    26/07/2017 / 6:57 pm

I haven’t tired any Avon products in a long time but it looks liek they have really come up !! Your review though has me thinking I need to check them out asap 🙂

17. 26/07/2017 / 7:18 pm

I don’t have an Avon person, but I really should. My hair needs a really good hair mask so will check out Avon’s website for their selection

18. francesca
    26/07/2017 / 9:15 pm

The packaging of these looks great and I’m drawn to them but such a shame you wouldn’t buy them again!

19. 26/07/2017 / 10:04 pm

i haven’t tried any of their products but i have fine coloured hair myself and can sadly tell this wont work for me.
    nicol recently posted…10 Sheet Mask HacksMy Profile

20. 27/07/2017 / 2:50 am

Oh I this is such a nice product. I am not yet sure if this is already available in my place. I guess, I will try this once I saw one and I hope it works well with me.

21. 27/07/2017 / 5:45 am

I have used this product before and it is awesome. I love it.

22. 28/07/2017 / 4:12 pm

It would probably good too my hair. and I love avon product

23. Elizabeth O
    30/07/2017 / 12:06 am

I haven’t seen these products in my local store. I wonder if they were created for a specific market place. Good job on the review.

24. 30/07/2017 / 11:21 am

I always forget that Avon does hair care too. This does sound like it achieves great results for your hair.

25. Jemma
    31/07/2017 / 7:44 pm

Oh, this sounds really good. Avon products are fab!

26. 31/07/2017 / 8:52 pm

I don’t think my hair could handle so many products all at once, either. The shampoo and conditioner sound nice though 🙂