Monthly Favourites | June 2017

Last month I realised I hadn’t done a monthly favourites post in years, yet they used to be one of my favourite things to write up! So today I decided it was time to make a start on bringing these sorts of posts back, and I’m keeping everything crossed that you guys will enjoy reading them now as much as you did when I first started blogging.

Monthly Favourites | June 2017

During June I tried out loads of different fashion, beauty, and lifestyle products, but only 8 of them have managed to make the final cut. So let’s jump right in and talk about each of the goodies I’ve picked out, and why I love them enough to label them a monthly fave. Are you sitting comfortably? I sure hope so!

Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate in No.55 'My Nude'

Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate in 55 My Nude – £6.49

This month I just have one makeup favourite on my list, and that’s an absolutely beautiful nude lipstick from the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Collection at Rimmel. I love the really lovely, natural colour of this. And it applies just beautifully as it’s really creamy and moisturising. I’ve read a few reviews of this particular lipstick in the past, and people have said they don’t find it to be particularly long-lasting, but I can honestly say that I don’t have any problems with it, and have found it lasts all day with me needing to just top it up once. I’ll pop a really bad Snapchat pic of me wearing it below so you can get an idea of what it looks like on the lips …

With love from Lou wearing Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate in No. 55 'My Nude'

I feel that ‘My Nude’ is a real ‘my lips but better’ sort of shade that really suits me. And I’m sure I’ll be wearing it throughout the whole of July as well as last month. I tend to wear it fairly sheer, but it’s definitely buildable if you’re into more intense nudes. I’ve actually had it in my collection for ages, but hadn’t tried it out until quite recently. I wish I had though as it’s most definitely my favourite shade of lipstick at the moment!

The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence with SPF50

The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence with SPF50 – £16.00

I don’t think it will come as any surprise that I’ve included the Body Shop’s Skin Defense Multi-Protection Essence with SPF50 in my monthly favourites this month as I’ve raved about it loads recently. It’s basically a very light moisturiser that contains SPF50 to protect the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. I really like this particular product as it’s sinks into the skin quickly and easily, is lightweight, and brightens up my skin no end. You do have to be careful when squeezing it out of the tube, as it’s quite runny, but with it doing such a great job I don’t mind that too much. And it has a subtle sun cream scent to it that I love as well. I can’t recommend it highly enough!

Kind Natured Shea & Macadamia Body Products

I have quite a few body care favourites on my list this month, starting with a couple of gorgeous products from a brand called Kind Natured. Now, I remember buying Stacey some bath products from Kind Natured when she was younger, but I never realised that they made gorgeous products for us adults as well! I was kindly sent a couple of body care products to try out in their nourishing shea and macadamia scent, and I have to say, they smell incredible! I didn’t open them for ages as I could smell them through the packaging and didn’t want to destroy them. Eventually though, I decided that I needed to open them and give them a try. And I’m so glad I did, as they’re both really great products that are 97% natural and free from Sulphates, Parabens and Petrochemicals, and they aren’t tested on animals.

Kind Natured Deeply Nourishing Shea & Macadamia Creamy Body Scrub* – £5.99

OK, so the first product I tried from Kind Natured was a creamy body scrub. Now, this product is aimed at people with really dry skin, but I wouldn’t say mine really fits that description, but it feels lovely anyway. I’ve been using this once or twice a week when I’ve showered, and I’ve found that the exfoliating fusion of shea, macadamia, crushed olive seeds and natural pumice is super, super scrubby, yet it’s still really gentle on my skin. I think this would be perfect for getting rid of dead skin cells before applying fake tan. Which, I should add, is something I’ve never ever done before, but I’m going to be trying later on this month. It could make for one interesting blog post! As I said before, the shea and macadamia scent is absolutely divine, and I can see me picking up another one of these when it’s run out, as I’ve really enjoyed using it.

Kind Natured Deeply Nourishing Shea & Macadamia Body Lotion* – £5.99

And the second product from Kind Natured that I’ve been loving this month is their deeply nourishing shea and macadamia body lotion. Again, this is aimed at people with really dry skin, but I’ve found it works well for me too, so I’m not complaining. If I’m honest, I would usually opt for an in-shower body moisturiser rather than a lotion in a tube like this, but I’m glad I got the chance to try it out as I’ve been super impressed with it so far. It sinks into the skin a lot quicker and easier than some of the other body lotions I’ve used in the past, it doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy, and (obviously) it smells great. I’ve also noticed that my skin feels really soft and smooth when I’ve used it, which is most definitely a good thing. I’m really enjoying using it, and I’ve found that a little bit goes a long way, so I think it will last me quite a while as well. Yay!

Palmolive Gourmet Mint Shake Shower Gel

Palmolive Gourmet Mint Shake Shower Gel* – £2.49

Next up I’ve been loving using a luxury shower gel from Palmolive. Their Mint Shake Shower Gel is part of their gourmet range, and it smells just like mint choc chip ice cream. Yum! The shower gel itself is rich and velvety, and you only need a tiny amount to build up a really good lather. Oscar, my 4 year old, has declared this his favourite shower gel ever, and it’s not hard to see why. It’s definitely the most luxurious shower gel I’ve ever used! At £2.49 for 250ml it’s kind of on the pricey side for a high street product, but I personally think it’s worth every penny. As you can see, I’ve almost used it all up, so I need to pop into town and pick a new bottle up sharpish!

Body Fantasties Japanese Cherry Blossom Perfume Body Spray

Body Fantasies Japanese Cherry Blossom Perfume Body Spray – £3.99

This past month I’ve pretty much just been using one fragrance non-stop. And that’s the beautiful Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume body spray from Body Fantasies. I know I’ve raved about this in several posts already, so I won’t go on about it too much. But I love everything about this particular scent! I think because it’s a perfume body spray you get a much stronger, more long lasting scent than you would with a regular body spray. Plus, you get over 500 sprays per bottle, which is quite a lot! I usually spritz on 2-3 sprays each morning, and I very rarely top it up during the day, so one bottle is lasting me ages. The bottle is made of plastic, rather than glass, too, so it’s perfect for throwing in to my handbag when I’m out and about. And the Japanese Cherry Blossom scent is so authentic – I just love it. Oh, and at £3.99 for 94ml you really can’t go grumbling at the price, either!

Scholl Velvet Smooth Electronic Foot File

Scholl Velvet Smooth Electronic Foot File* – £39.99

As the weather here in the UK has been surprisingly hot recently, I’ve found myself wearing sandals and flip flops much more than usual. Therefore, I’ve been making sure I keep my feet in tip-top condition so they don’t look all yucky while they’re on display. And to do this, I’ve been using my Velvet Smooth Electronic Foot File from Scholl. It’s super easy to use, and what I do on the morning I’m planning on wearing sandals or flip flops is turn on the device, then gently rotate the file over any hard skin I can see on my feet. It’s amazing how much dead skin falls off in front of my eyes! I then wipe away any excess with a wet wipe, slather on some cooling foot cream, and my feet are all ready for the day ahead! I wish I’d picked one of these up years ago, as it’s made looking after my feet less of a chore, and I no longer have to worry about what they look like in my summer shoes!

New Look Teens Tan Plait Sandals

Tan Plait Sandals – £8.99

And last but not least this month I’ve been wearing a pair of sandals I picked up from the teens section in New Look last summer. They’re a tan colour, with a flat sole, a plaited strap around the top, and a toe post. They have a leather-look finish too. And I think they look super cute with little summer dresses, playsuits, and even my light blue ripped jeans! I remember wearing them to death towards the end of last summer, and I’ve worn them on pretty much every sunny day during June, yet they still look quite new!

You might be wondering why I picked them up from the teens section, and basically it’s because I have ridiculously small feet (I’m a UK size 3, which is about a US size 5 and a Euro size 35-36), so if I buy kids shoes I don’t have any VAT to pay on top. I find I save myself a lot of money that way, and very often shops have the same styles in both adults and kids shoes, so if you have small feet it’s always worth looking to see if they do a kids version of the shoe you’re after!

Monthly Favourites | June 2017

And that’s everything on my list of monthly favourites for June 2017! I hope you guys enjoyed reading it, and if you’ve tried any of the products that I mentioned please make sure you let me know what you thought of them.

What were your favourite products last month?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading.

Products with an asterisk (*) were kindly sent for review consideration. All other products were purchased with my own money.

1. 08/07/2017 / 9:30 pm

Love the sound of the mint one! I’ve had the vanilla and chocolate ones already. Will try this soon 🙂

2. 09/07/2017 / 1:34 am

Some great favourites! I love a few of these brands such as the Rimmel Kate lipstick and The Body Shop. I’ve taken time off blogging but I’ve absolutely missed my monthly favourites!

3. 09/07/2017 / 2:09 am

Love reading posts like this! I feel like I learn so much when I see what people like. I love that lippy. It looks a lot milder on the lips then it does in the photo. It looks quite dark but on the skin it looks quite neutral which is great for everyday wear. Will check it out!

Amanda | https://ldnrose.com/
    Amanda recently posted…The top 7 travel packing hacks for any tripMy Profile

4. Jenn JG
    09/07/2017 / 5:04 am

Those sandals are too cute, perfect for summer time. That body lotion and scrub look awesome also, I am going to have to try these out. Thanks for sharing your opinions!

5. 09/07/2017 / 2:13 pm

I have the velvet smooth foot file too, I get the replacement rollers from Amazon – not the official Scholl ones and they are much cheaper 🙂

6. 09/07/2017 / 10:08 pm

I do like a good round up of favourites, always nice to see what other people like. We have one alike, which is the foot file. Am so glad I got one, makes all the difference. My favourite product of the time is probably my Tigi treatment mask, smells fab, hair feels fab. Love it.

7. 10/07/2017 / 10:32 am

I love these ‘favourites’ type posts. I always find a few things that I’ve not heard of and would quite like to try. The body shop spa moisturiser is one I’m definitely going to purchase along with the scholl foot file

8. 10/07/2017 / 1:10 pm

I’ve been looking for a good nude lipstick for literally ages so I’m so glad you posted this!! I actually have a nivea lip balm with a touch of nude in it that I wear on a daily basis but I’m going to give this a try. Thank you!!

9. 10/07/2017 / 4:54 pm

Oh wow what a deal on those sandals, they look much more expensive. I love the nude lip colour, that’s all I wear! You have lovely choices here for the summer x

10. Fatima
    10/07/2017 / 5:45 pm

I’ve heard a lot about the body shop products and their effectiveness. Also planning to get a few lipsticks as mine run out quickly because its almost the only makeup I wear mostly.

11. 10/07/2017 / 7:55 pm

I love shopping the kids section too! Always pick up a bargain 😃 And I have that Scholl foot file too! Lifesaver for summer sandal feet 👍

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x

12. 10/07/2017 / 9:20 pm

Haha what a great idea to shop from the teen section! I love the sound of the foot file, i’ve been looking for something like this so I’ll have to pick one up!
    Sarah recently posted…Floral Summer Style – DressesMy Profile

13. Christine
    10/07/2017 / 11:10 pm

I love the shade of that lipstick! And those sandals are so cute, wish I could get some!

14. 11/07/2017 / 12:18 am

I love the monthly favorites posts and always find such interesting new products to check out myself! I definitely want to buy that Palmolive Mint Shake shower gel. It must smell amazing!

15. 11/07/2017 / 6:14 am

I like the body lotion that you have here. And I can imagine that the sandals would look cute on you. I have never done a monthly favorite thing myself. I am sure it would be very interesting.
    David Elliott recently posted…The Leibster-Sunshine Blogging Awards 2017My Profile

16. 11/07/2017 / 9:05 am

Great stuff, I love macadamia and mint anything so those butters/lotions/scrubs would be awesome. I really love that lip color on you too, and those sandals look comfortable 🙂
    Ania Travels recently posted…EATING MY WAY THROUGH BRUSSELSMy Profile

17. 11/07/2017 / 11:39 am

Some lovely items this month, I love the sound of the mint shower gel as it’s one of my favourite scents x

18. reesa
    11/07/2017 / 2:20 pm

These sound lovely! It’s funny how in the UK you have such different products!

19. 11/07/2017 / 2:25 pm

I like the sound of the Palmolive mint shake and the foot file. I would love to try those out!

20. 11/07/2017 / 2:32 pm

I love lipsticks that are really natural looking – the Rimmel one sounds lovely 🙂 Also, those sandals are a bargain! x
    Sophie’s Nursery recently posted…Top 5 First Date IdeasMy Profile

21. 11/07/2017 / 2:42 pm

I love that lipstick shade. I have to get it! I love long lasting lipsticks and want to try this one out!

22. 11/07/2017 / 4:01 pm

My mother would love the Kind Natured Deeply Nourishing Shea & Macadamia Creamy Body Scrub.
    And it’s only £5.99 I will definitely buy it for her 🙂

23. 11/07/2017 / 6:02 pm

not a lady to say i know much about these, but i kinda like the list up here, i have a few sisters and a girlfriend and they sure loved this while i read out with them. so cool

24. Robin Rue
    11/07/2017 / 6:06 pm

I really like that shade of lipstick. I am a fan of earthy tones and natural looking lipsticks, so this works for me!

25. 11/07/2017 / 7:00 pm

What a great list of favourites. I haven’t tried any of them. I will have to change that thank you

26. 11/07/2017 / 7:51 pm

I love Body Fantasy body sprays. Japanese Cherry Blossom is one of my favorites. The lipstick is a really cute shade.

27. Kansas Bonanno
    11/07/2017 / 10:35 pm

I don’t know what I liked better, the sandals or the lip color! All these look like some great products to try!

28. 12/07/2017 / 6:19 am

This is such a great list! I think I would love to try the Shea butter and macadamia scrub as my skin could use some exfoliation right about now! Sounds divine!

29. freya farrington
    12/07/2017 / 11:03 am

this is a great collection of favourites! I love rimmel lipsticks too, they have always been one of my favourite!

30. 12/07/2017 / 11:17 am

Oh that foot file looks intense! I’ve had one throughout the years, but I hardly ever wear anything but flipflops even in the dead of winter!

31. 12/07/2017 / 12:51 pm

I love Body Shop products, I use their skincare every day. Always have to try a new product of theirs when I see one, and I haven’t tried the skin defence so I need to purchase!
    Samantha Bye recently posted…If yoga is a cult, consider me brainwashedMy Profile

32. hal
    12/07/2017 / 1:53 pm

remember Facebook – its all about the body lotion 🙂 i think the shea of course it just amazing for the skin –

33. KIm
    12/07/2017 / 2:34 pm

The Shea and Macadamia would be amazing. The combination of the exfoliant and the moisturizer would be something I need too.

34. 12/07/2017 / 2:48 pm

I love those lipsticks by Kate Moss for Rimmel. I’ve got one that I wear all the time and never want to run out of haha. I really want to get the Mint Shake shower gel soon, I had a smell of it recently and it was so nice! Wish I’d picked it up x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk
    Tiffany recently posted…London City Break Bucket List*My Profile

35. Kayleigh Zara
    12/07/2017 / 3:04 pm

I’ve heard so many good things about the Rimmel lipstick you mentioned! I also love the look of the body shop product that you featured too x

Kayleigh Zara 🌿🌿 http://www.kayleighzaraa.com

36. 12/07/2017 / 3:40 pm

I have a couple of the Rimmel and Kate Moss lipsticks too and I love them! I have a red which is quite long lasting as well! I also really want to try that product from the Body Shop! x

Beth – http://bethcarney.com/

37. Crystal
    12/07/2017 / 5:13 pm

Nice photos. I love the products on here I will have to try them.

38. TColeman
    12/07/2017 / 7:35 pm

Those sandals are so cute. I am so in love with that style as of late and have so many colors!

39. 12/07/2017 / 9:25 pm

I would like to have a good foot scrubber like that. Let’s just say that my feet are in bad shape and would really appreciate a good scrubbing.

40. 13/07/2017 / 12:31 am

So many great products but I need the foot file in my life! Summer really drys out my feet and this would be awesome in between pedicures.

41. 13/07/2017 / 1:27 am

The Body Shop products used to be staples in my makeup and skincare collection but I don’t have one near me so I haven’t shopped there in so long. I really need to make a special trip to try out some of their new products.
    Blythe Alpern recently posted…Start Anew With Your Fitness And HealthMy Profile

42. 13/07/2017 / 6:18 am

Ooh I like your sandals! Look so comfy! Plus your lip shade is so nice!

43. 13/07/2017 / 11:08 am

All of these products look fab, I especially love the look of that lipstick! The body shop always do amazing products xx

44. 13/07/2017 / 7:18 pm

I love reading monthly favourite posts, and you’ve got some real corkers for June! That shower gel sounds amazing, and thats a great tip about the sandals! I wish I had smaller feet now!

45. 14/07/2017 / 3:13 am

Oooooo so many fabulous products!!! I’m all about exfoliating, so that body scrub sounds pretty amazing. Must try

46. 14/07/2017 / 7:56 am

That lipstick is super cute. I love how natural it looks on you-it looked really dark and racy before you applied! I thought Palmolive made like..dish soap? Am I confusing them with someone else? Well if they do both that’s definitely interesting and I’m glad to know their body products are nice
    Elizabeth Brico recently posted…A Family Problem: How My PTSD+Depression Affect My KidsMy Profile

47. 14/07/2017 / 3:06 pm

The body butter shower cream sounds amazing. Will need to keep my eyes peeled for it!

48. 15/07/2017 / 11:28 am

Love reading what people’s monthly favourites are. I must say that Kate lippy looks great I’m not sure I could ever pull off a red lip tho xx

49. 15/07/2017 / 12:58 pm

Loving this sort of round up post! I would never have thought about looking in the kids section that’s such a great idea. I have size 4 feet so may get away with it. Love the look of the lipstick think that will make it into my buy list! Thank you for the inspiration.

50. 15/07/2017 / 3:11 pm

What a cool summer selection! I can’t wait to pack my bag for summer holidays!

51. 17/07/2017 / 12:40 am

Love those sandals! And that lipstick suits you perfectly 🙂 Thank you for sharing!

52. 17/07/2017 / 6:31 am

It’s funny how many beauty products have food names hahah!! Overall nice choice of products, my gf uses the same body spray (I think lol) 🙂

53. 25/07/2017 / 4:09 pm

I’m online looking for the Mint soap right now!

54. 31/07/2017 / 12:57 am

i also have small feet so it’s just so awesome to go directly to the kids section and get sneakers and sandals for a much better price!! Indeed, that trick needs to be shared 😛

55. 31/07/2017 / 4:11 am

Now you got me totally curious to try both the Kind Natured body lotion and body scrub. I love how they are almost entirely all natural and chemical free

56. 31/07/2017 / 8:28 am

Great choice of products, I’m also I huge fan of the rimmel Kate moss nude lippies

57. 31/07/2017 / 9:41 pm

Ooh. The mint shake shower cream sounds delightful.I can just imaging the aroma in the shower right now.

58. 01/08/2017 / 9:52 pm

The lipstick color is beautiful! I am going to have to try it! I also love those sandals! They are perfect for summer!

59. elizabeth o
    04/08/2017 / 10:27 am

The Body Shop’s Skin Defense Multi-Protection Essence with SPF50 is just what I’ve been looking for as a summer cover-up/sun protectant. It has plenty of SPF to do a good job. I also would love to try the fragrance ans Japanese Cherry Blossom is one of my favorite smells.

60. 14/08/2017 / 2:58 pm

The Body Shop makes the best products. I love all their creams. I will have to give this one a try!