Living Room Trends For 2018

For me, there’s no room in the house more important than the living room. Why? Because it’s the room where we all sit down together and enjoy time as a family. Whether we’re watching television, playing board games, entertaining guests or just relaxing with a cup of tea, the living room is most definitely the hub of our home.

And as it’s such a key area for both unwinding and spending quality time with loved ones in, it’s vital that you make it a space in which you take great pride in. It’s a good idea to decorate or make minor changes to this room on a fairly regular basis to keep things fresh and exciting. With this in mind, here are a few current trends to bring into your living room.

Living Room Trends For 2018

Colours

I’m sure it will come as no surprise when I say that colours go in and out of fashion faster than you can say ‘Jack Robinson’ when it comes to home decor. And this year is no exception. I think it comes down to your own personal taste and the style of the room when you’re choosing the colour palette for your living room. But a few of the current most popular colours to incorporate include bright pinks, punchy pastels and bold violets. If, like me, you’re not brave enough to decorate in bright colours I highly recommend going for a grey and white colour-scheme – always a modern classic. Additionally, 2018 is a good year for using multiple shades of the same colour in the same room, with the ability to bring them together with furnishings.

Fabrics

Believe it or not, there are also some fabrics which are proving to be hugely popular in 2018. Velvet, in particular, is on the rise as it has a feeling of luxury and comfort – this makes it a good option for sofas, curtains and cushions.

Beautiful bricked chimney breast

Textures

This year is all about using different textures on a feature wall. And believe me, this is a trend I can really get behind! Glittery wallpaper, staggered wooden blocks and even stone cladding can all add an interesting look to a living room. But my favourite way to add some texture to a feature wall is to use brick tiles. The tiles are based on old bricks which gives them a very traditional look and feel, but at the same time, they don’t look out of place in a more modern setting. When we finally get round to decorating our living room I want to use these on our chimney breast. I think they’ll look fab!

Flooring

Flooring is a key area to address when updating your living room this year. And it seems that patterned carpets are making a comeback along with tartan and stripes. Although it isn’t necessarily for me, I do think it could be an interesting way to add some visual appeal to the room. We usually stick with laminate flooring, but maybe we should be thinking outside the box and trying something else for a change!

Bold coloured corner sofa

Corner Sofas

Corner sofas are another current trend which can look great in any living room. They can help give it a lovely, relaxed vibe as well as providing plenty of seating for the whole family to sit on. The next time we buy a sofa I want to go for a corner one. They’re just fab!

These are the main living room trends for 2018 that can really revitalise any lounge area. Like I said before, this should be a space that you take great pride in. So make it somewhere that looks fantastic but is also comfortable and welcoming at the same time.Living Room Trends for 2018

What living room trends are you guys loving this year?
Make sure you let me know in the comments below.

1. 11/10/2018 / 9:51 am

I totally agree! The living room is the heart of a home

2. 11/10/2018 / 9:53 am

My lounge is grey so not much colour but I do have a corner sofa, yay! 🙂

3. 11/10/2018 / 12:30 pm

We have a corner sofa in our living room, it is so comfy I’m glad it’s a trend! I’m also glad when we decorated we kept the walls white, that way we can switch in and out our accessories to fit in with the seasons.

4. 11/10/2018 / 1:46 pm

love the idea of a patterned carpet – not sure I would be brave enough though x

5. 11/10/2018 / 2:57 pm

I love the fact that velvet is making a comeback…not only does it feel amazing but it looks seriously luxe too!

6. 11/10/2018 / 8:35 pm

I have to admit I miss having a nice corner sofa, one wouldn’t fit in our lounge now which is a shame. Interesting to see what trends are coming and returning.

7. Rachel Evans
    11/10/2018 / 10:10 pm

Oooh I love the thought of glittery wallpaper!

8. 12/10/2018 / 6:50 am

We are getting ours redecorated this month, I cannot wait for a change

9. 12/10/2018 / 7:56 am

Some lovely ideas. I love a good grey or pastel pink sofa with bold accessories around. Also, feature walls! Yessss!

10. 12/10/2018 / 2:55 pm

Our living room in Wales was huge and we went for a warm grey colour on the walls and our corner sofa. We’re all about beige in our current home (temporary) but I’d be tempted back to grey in our next more permanent home.

11. 12/10/2018 / 7:18 pm

Every year I keep telling myself to get a wood burning stove, this one looks so nice. Very sweet dog btw! x

12. 14/10/2018 / 8:43 am

I love the idea of textured walls. My mum has it in her house in Australia and it looks fantastic

13. 14/10/2018 / 9:36 pm

I’m not sure I would commit to a patterned carpet, as it’s a lot of money to spend if it dates quickly. A patterned rug would be good though.

14. 15/10/2018 / 10:16 am

I love adding new accessories to a room to make it look all fresh and new. I’m loving greys and crushed velvets right now

15. 15/10/2018 / 10:56 pm

I am always looking for ideas to decorate or even stage my living room. When I was young we had to stay out the livingroom, which I couldn’t understand why. Now as an adult I live in my living room and that’s why it’s called living room.

16. 16/10/2018 / 1:57 pm

Love that fireplace wall – when we flipped our last house, I really wanted to put that in, but it was already a brick fireplace, and it was going to be SO much work…someday!

17. 16/10/2018 / 4:51 pm

Great home décor tips! Our living room recently got an upgrade and it a rug make a huge difference.

18. 17/10/2018 / 4:54 pm

I wish that I had the room for a corner sofa. I love your pics and your post. It is alway great to stay in the know with the new trends. I would love to be brave enough to try some of them

19. Whitney Kutch
    22/10/2018 / 4:39 pm

I’m obsessed with that stone! One of my favorite interior design features 🙂

20. 24/10/2018 / 10:24 am

These are all gorgeous and I think having an actual coal fire is living room goals, for me!!