Laminate flooring is getting popular all over the world, however there are some companies which are selling substandard lamination to make profit off their sales. So, I am here to help you purchase the best laminate flooring without breaking the bank.
Here is how you can determine the quality of desired laminate flooring.
01. Ask the salesperson about quality of the stored lamination. Generally, floor laminations are available in three qualities i.e. good, better and best and almost all floor laminations are graded in terms of quality, on a three level scale.
02. Higher grade floor laminations are more likely to be expensive and better but price alone, is not the sole criteria of determining the quality of floor lamination.
03. Inspect the sample installed inside the store and survey its alignments. Try spotting any gaps or unevenness across the board. A good laminate floor will have a flat surface and all of its miniature floorboards would seamlessly lock with each other.
04. Consult the salesperson about the lamination material and inquire whether product is direct or high pressure. Both of these materials can perform the flooring task, but high pressure lamination is a newer technology and is linked with better quality.
05. Double check with the salesperson about UV surface nature of your floor lamination. A UV surface would retain the printed hardwood image for a long time in very good condition.
06. Read the label of floor lamination and try to find out ISO ratings of the product. If ratings are not available, a salesperson may help inform you. A good laminate has an ISO rating of 9001. Also, try to find an ISO rating of 14001 to ensure that the laminating product you are buying is up to environmental standards.