50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked Tag

It’s been a while since I last did a tag post. So when I saw that Tiffany over at Food & Other Loves had recently completed the ’50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked Tag’, and had challenged anyone who fancied giving it a go to do it next, I thought I’d jump right in and do it!

The questions are really different on this tag to the ones on a lot of the others floating round on the interweb, so it made it really fun to answer. I hope you enjoy reading my answers, and maybe even find out a little more about me. So, are you sitting comfortably? Then let’s go!

Water Garden Yankee Candle

01. What’s your favorite candle scent?
My all time favourite candle scent just has to be ‘Water Garden’ from Yankee Candle. It smells absolutely divine, and makes me feel like I’m relaxing at a spa somewhere! I was over the moon when they re-released it earlier this year, but so far I haven’t managed to find it in any of my local stores!

02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Reese Witherspoon! She just seems like such a lovely, down-to-earth person. I love watching all her movies, and I’m dying to get my hands on some of the stuff she sells in her store, Draper James. It just looks incredible!

03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
This is such a difficult one! Maybe James Corden. He seems like the sort of guy you could have a laugh with all the time, and would have your back whenever you needed it.

04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
It’s unlikely I’ll ever get married to be honest! I absolutely hate being the centre of attention, and the thought of having to walk down an aisle and be watched by my family and friends just freaks me out. I’d be that bride who tripped up and made a complete fool of herself! Haha.

05. Do you know a hoarder?
Yes, me! I’m terrible. I’m way too sentimental and want to keep everything the kids have ever worn, made or played with! I’m getting better though, and just try to keep the extra special things these days. It’s so hard though!

06. Can you do the splits?
Er, nope!

Bicycle

07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
I never have! I have a curved spine, so I can’t balance on a bike to be able to ride it. I was gutted and always thought I was just really stupid to not be able to ride a bike, so I felt so relieved when I finally found out why I’d always found it so difficult!

08. How many oceans have you swam in?
I don’t think I’ve ever swam in the ocean! I’ve paddled in it, but that’s about it!

09. How many countries have you been to?
Not many! I think probably 5 or 6 max.

10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
No. My grandad was when he was alive, though.

11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I already have one! I called her Stacey, after my favourite character from The Babysitters Club!

Oscar
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
Again, I already have one. His name is Oscar.

13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I got a couple of D’s in my GCSE’s. I wasn’t very academic and really struggled at school. I’ve definitely learned more since leaving, and think I would do so much better if I went back to school as an adult!

14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
As a little kid, it would have been Sesame Street. And then as a teenager I loved anything on the Disney Channel, so Lizzie McGuire, Two of a Kind, Sabrina the Teenage Witch etc. were my shows of choice. Oh, and Home Improvement. Does anyone else remember that? It sounds like it was a DIY show, but it wasn’t. I loved it!

15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
I never dressed up for Halloween until I was about 10 or 11. And then I’d wear a bin bag as a dress and a cheap mask my mum picked up from the Co-op! They didn’t have all the amazing costumes available back then that they do now.

The Twilight Saga

16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
I’ve read all the Harry Potter and Twilight Books. I’ve never really been drawn in to the hype around the Hunger Games, though. Would any of you guys recommend them?

17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
This is another difficult question to answer! It depends really. I hate my Nottinghamshire accent, I sound so common! But I love posh British accents. And some American accents are lovely too.

18. Did your mother go to university?

19. Are your grandparents still married?
Sadly, I only have one grandma left. I think she’d still be married to my grandad if he hadn’t passed away though. Divorce wasn’t as common back when they were young as it is now.

20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No. I’d be rubbish at karate!

21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
I certainly do!

Alton Towers

22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I think it would have been Alton Towers. It’s only about an hour away from where I live, and we used to go there quite often as kids. It could have been the American Adventure, though, as we went there quite a few times as well. The American Adventure was my favourite amusement park but it got closed down back in 2007.

23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?

French. It’s so widely used in the world that I think it would be useful to be able to speak French. Or Polish, as my hometown is now made up of a lot of Polish people.

24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
Grey. Random fact: grey is actually my favourite colour …

25. Is your father bald?
He is, yes!

26. Do you know any triplets?
Yes! My nephew, Jack, got married back in April, and his wife is a triplet.T hey’re the only ones I know, though.

27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I’ve never seen The Notebook, so Titanic it is!

28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes, I love Indian food! Although I would usually choose a fairly mild dish to eat, like Chicken Tikka Masala or Lamb Balti.

Soup-a-Sandwich at The Devonshire
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
At the moment it’s a restaurant called The Devonshire Arms, which opened near me last year. The food is just amazing, and you get really big portions for your money. I highly recommend them.

30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Yes, but I think it’s very overrated!

31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
Nope.

32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I have no idea! I know I almost ended up being called Paula, though. I’m so glad my dad put a stop to that one as I feel like it was such an old-fashioned name for someone my age!

33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Lou and Loulabelle.

Stacey & Oscar

34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
I can’t choose just one! I have two favourites – my two beautiful children, Stacey and Oscar.

35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
I like both for very different reasons. I’d probably go for the countryside though, as I love nothing more than going for long walks through the countryside. It really blows away the cobwebs!

36. Can you whistle?
No, I’ve never mastered the art of whistling!

37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
No, I like the room to be pitch black when I’m in bed.

38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I eat breakfast most days. I only skip it if I’m really late up, or we’ve run out of all the things I would usually eat for breakfast.

39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?

Scoliosis
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Scoliosis, which is the curvature of the spine I mentioned earlier.

41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Lots! I used to have to go all the time for x-rays on my back, eye tests, and broken bones. I practically lived at the hospital as a child! LOL. I’ve not been in years though. The last time would have been when I gave birth to Oscar.

42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes! It’s one of my favourite Disney/Pixar films.

43. Where do you buy your jeans?
I don’t tend to stick to one particular brand of jeans. I only shop on the high street though. So places like New Look, River Island, Topshop, and Quiz.

44. What’s the last compliment you got?
I had my roots done last Thursday and Stacey told me my hair looked nice. I’ve inserted a recent pic, but it’s from my Snapchat, so isn’t the best quality.

45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Yes. I’ve given up trying to interpret them though, as I have some really weird ones!

46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
Just regular tea. I’m not into any of these fancy flavoured ones. I take mine with milk and no sugar. Oh, I quite like chamomile tea as well!

47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Too many! I had a clear out recently, but I still own over 40 pairs. But I wear every single pair, to be fair!

48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Well, I think of myself as being a Christian, but my children can practice whatever religion they want to. I just want them to be healthy and happy.

49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I would have been 10. I didn’t believe my mum and dad when they told me about it though. They’d done such a great job at convincing me he was real I was heartbroken!

50. Why do you have a blog?
I started my blog back in January 2012 when I was off work with my back problem, and found that I was so bored! I started reading all these beauty blogs, and found that lots of them praised products I hated just because they’d been lucky enough to be sent the products to try for free. I decided I was going to start a blog and be totally honest about the products I’d tried, no matter where they came from, and it wasn’t long before I was hooked! Nowadays, I write about fashion, beauty and lifestyle, and I still love what I do and have kept that honesty about the things I’ve tried out.

Wow! That was a long tag. I really enjoyed answering all 50 questions, though.

WHO I’M TAGGING TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS NEXT …

Hayley from Sparkles & Stretchmarks
Stacey from A Mess in a Dress
Emily from London Beauty Mum
Rachel from Beauty Queen UK
Rhian from Rhian Westbury
Kaz from Ickle Pickle’s Life & Travels
Natasha from Serenity You
and anyone else who wants to have a go!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers to the tag.
And don’t forget to link your post below if you’ve done this one so I can read your answers!

Thanks for reading guys.
With love from Lou SignatureTwitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest

1. 27/06/2017 / 6:29 am

I love this! It’s been a long time since I did one of these and you may have inspired me to go ahead with it. Also, Stacey was my favorite BSC member, too! I can’t wait until my daughter is old enough for me to pass along my collection.

• 28/06/2017 / 2:48 am

You’re very welcome, Natasha. I hadn’t done one in so long either. I thought these were awesome questions though 🙂
      Louise recently posted…The Wedding Singer UK TourMy Profile

2. Robin Rue
    27/06/2017 / 12:33 pm

Haha, I can’t do a split, either. I love the idea of doing this. You have so many fun questions here.

• 28/06/2017 / 2:49 am

I’m so glad you spotted it! 🙂 I was going to tweet you and let you know but I totally forgot. Oops!
      Louise recently posted…My Theatre Bucket ListMy Profile

3. 27/06/2017 / 2:26 pm

Fab tag hun! I really enjoyed reading this, it’s a great way to get to know other bloggers and the questions are fab because they aren’t the same old same old.

Jordanne // thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

4. 27/06/2017 / 3:30 pm

I totally get the not wanting to be a center of attention. There’s ways around that though! I love love that you named your daughter after Stacy from the babysitters club, those were such great books! Books I’d recommend anything by Lauren Destefano! Also owning over 40 shoes is just the perfect amount, no judgement for having a love of shoes. I love seeing tags that are different!

5. 27/06/2017 / 5:11 pm

That was a fun collection of questions! I really like that they were outside the box. I’m terrible at conversations but I can see some of these being a fun way to keep small talk going.

6. 27/06/2017 / 5:23 pm

I love reading posts like this! I totally loved Home Improvement growing up, AND still watch reruns today when I happen to see that they are on. Hunger Games, totally read them! They were such good books! 🙂

• 28/06/2017 / 2:51 am

I’ve not seen any reruns of Home Improvement here in the UK for years 🙁 They should totally start running them again though as they were fab! I’m so glad someone else remembers it 🙂
      Louise recently posted…My Morning Skincare RoutineMy Profile

7. andrea
    27/06/2017 / 5:45 pm

i love these post how exciting it is to learn more about our fellow bloggers. BTW love your hair, looks great. i used to be the same way like you about shoes, I had a bunch like too many to count. and when i moved i totally got rid of a lot and gave them away. now i have like ten pairs and most of them are tennis shoes. jejej i too like the room to be pitch black when I go to sleep.

• 28/06/2017 / 2:55 am

Loved reading your answers to these questions, Carrie 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing X
      Louise recently posted…My Travel Bucket ListMy Profile

8. 27/06/2017 / 6:42 pm

I love filling out questionnaires like this, especially for a blog. Do you mind if I snatch this one for my own? These were so much fun. I’m quite a shoe addict myself with way over 40 pairs 🙂

9. 27/06/2017 / 9:02 pm

This is such a fun post. I would totally want James Corden as my brother too. He’d be such a hit at parties and on a bad day. Carpool karaoke all day, every day. LOL – Katy

10. 27/06/2017 / 11:13 pm

I have scolosis as well. And this is my first time coming across someone whose fave colour is grey, I do think it is a lovely colour though. Oh I have never been to Alton Towers but have always wanted to x
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…How To Capture The True Essence Of Tuscan StyleMy Profile

11. 27/06/2017 / 11:49 pm

Love this! Normally when you’re scouring the net you find great articles but you never really get to know the writer behind the words.
    Heather Lawrence recently posted…Infinity Jar ReviewsMy Profile

12. 28/06/2017 / 1:36 am

This really is a different tag. I like the variety in questions. Get to know more about you 🙂

X

13. 28/06/2017 / 1:57 am

I totally love these questions! So fun getting to know you a little better. I love Water Garden too! I think Yankee Candles are the best!
    keikilani recently posted…Gooey Olive Pimento Cheese BreadMy Profile

14. reesa
    28/06/2017 / 3:30 am

Love the different questions! I never see these types!

15. 28/06/2017 / 3:48 am

This is so much fun! I never know if I’m suppose to write grey or gray and I taught triplets two years ago in school. Two of them were exactly the same and it took me almost the whole year to start telling them apart. The third boy looked nothing like the other two. They were a fun bunch.

16. 28/06/2017 / 4:01 am

My favorite candle scent is cinnamon. I started blogging because I love to write and want to have a blog for fun.
    Heather Johnson recently posted…Peach Crisp RecipeMy Profile

17. 28/06/2017 / 4:04 am

I haven’t done one of these in a long time but I may have to do this one! I loved reading the questions and your answers. This is such a great way for your readers to get to know you better.

18. Journa Ramirez
    28/06/2017 / 5:20 am

Reading this puts a smile on my face! So fun and exciting. I remember myself during my teenage years, the question is.. “How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?” SO SPEECHLESS!

19. 28/06/2017 / 7:07 am

Reading this puts a smile on my face! So fun and exciting.

20. 28/06/2017 / 10:04 am

Yay! Wonderful post! I just recently got tagged in this so my post will be up in a few days. I always love reading tags where you get to know people better. The funny thing is that by the time this tag post got to me, the last question had been deleted, so we’ve just been making up our own lol! PS your daughter was right, your hair does look nice! <3

21. 28/06/2017 / 11:18 am

I always think these tags are a great way to get to know more about a blogger I love how different these questions are as well. I’m the same with marriage I don’t like being the centre of attention so yeah lol.
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Competition: Win a £25 Amazon VoucherMy Profile

22. 28/06/2017 / 12:49 pm

I had not heard of this tag post yet but really love the idea. It was fun reading more about you and getting to know you. I would definitely take a peek into the Hunger Games World, though I recommend reading the books, there is always so much more detail. thanks for sharing!

23. reesa
    28/06/2017 / 2:53 pm

I love getting to know people better thought these tag questionnaires. So many great questions!

24. 28/06/2017 / 2:54 pm

OMG I loved the Babysitter’s Club! That was one of my fave books growing up, I used to borrow them weekly from the library. I loved the movie too; I think Stacey and Dawn were my favorite characters haha, it’s awesome that you named your daughter after Stacey!

25. 28/06/2017 / 4:22 pm

Some awesome and unusual questions on this one! I love getting to know more about people! As for getting married, I was quite shy so we had a small affair and avoided the whole aisle palava :p it can be done
    Charlotte recently posted…Pregnant and…NOT NestingMy Profile

26. 28/06/2017 / 4:42 pm

This is so fun! I love these kinds of things and always find myself answering them in my head as I read along. Love the idea of Reese Witherspoon as a sister, her or Sandra Bullock seem like they would be so fun to be around!

27. 28/06/2017 / 5:10 pm

These questions are so much fun. I always love watching or reading these tags. I prefer the 50 questions over the makeup tags any day.

28. 28/06/2017 / 7:56 pm

I love posts like these! Such cool questions. One of my favorite colors is grey, too! 🙂

29. 28/06/2017 / 8:32 pm

I remember Home Improvement well because who didn’t love JTT? And I would definitely say give The Hunger Games a shot. Both my husband and I enjoyed the series.

30. 28/06/2017 / 9:08 pm

I was reading this thinking what great questions, I would love to do this, then I saw you tagged me, yay! Can’t wait, thank you hun – I love your answers, great post! Kaz x
    Ickle Pickle recently posted…Holiday Fashion TrendsMy Profile

31. 28/06/2017 / 9:56 pm

I love tags like this as it gets me to know more about the blogger behind the blog. This tag has some great questions.

32. 29/06/2017 / 2:52 am

This was a great list of questions. I’m printing these out and can’t wait to share them with my friends. Thank you!

33. 29/06/2017 / 5:41 am

What a super fun idea! I love that she loves the baby sitters club series as well! I keep trying to ge tmy daughter into it and so far i have not succeeded, darnit!

34. 29/06/2017 / 5:42 am

This is so fun! And so many of these questions I would have never come up with on my own. What a wonderful idea for playing a getting to know you game. And I’m the biggest fan of those candles, they last forever and smell so good.

35. 29/06/2017 / 2:14 pm

This is so fun. Will try it. We have a lot of things in common. Some of these is I love Finding Nemo and I’m a huge hoarder. I have one full bedroom for my stuff.

36. 29/06/2017 / 3:50 pm

Its great to know more about bloggers, I am the same I am unlikely to get married and I’m happy that way

37. Shelly
    29/06/2017 / 9:44 pm

So I’ve never heard of this but how freaking fun! My favorite question would have to be the celebrity that you wish was your sister…..Hummm Gabriel Union maybe!

38. Ali Rost
    30/06/2017 / 2:29 am

I love posts like this one. They’re always a fun way to get to know a little bit more about the bloggers we follow. I especially smiled at the story of how you started your blog. I’m with you, once I hit “post” for the first time, I was officially hooked! x

39. 01/07/2017 / 8:25 am

Yes! Read the Hunger Games! They were actually really good. Great post. Nice to learn about people.
    Laura

40. 01/07/2017 / 9:29 am

Oooh! This is so interesting! I love getting to know other bloggers!!! I’m going to do this challenge soon if you don’t mind!

41. 03/07/2017 / 6:23 pm

Interesting set of questions! Some of them are pretty new! It was fun getting to know more about you though 🙂

42. 03/07/2017 / 10:06 pm

I really enjoyed this post. It was good to learn more about the blogger behind the blog that I have read so many times. Must have taken a while to answer all 50 questions. I feel I know you better now.

43. 03/07/2017 / 11:41 pm

I can’t believe some of the questions that were on this one. It’s really neat! I’m terrible at coming up with neat questions like this.
    Amazon has your favorite candle scent, but it’s definitely NOT cheap. It sounds like a great scent to use.
    Crystal Green recently posted…Simple Ways You Can Put More Money IN Your PocketsMy Profile

44. 04/07/2017 / 8:15 pm

Great blog post! very interesting and brilliant photos! Keep it up.

45. 04/07/2017 / 11:08 pm

Good answer to the questions.

46. Nelu Mbingu
    08/07/2017 / 11:05 am

I’m with you on that James Corden one. He’s a fantastic guy, isn’t he? I love his show 🙂