It’s been a while since I last did a tag post. So when I saw that Tiffany over at Food & Other Loves had recently completed the ’50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked Tag’, and had challenged anyone who fancied giving it a go to do it next, I thought I’d jump right in and do it!
The questions are really different on this tag to the ones on a lot of the others floating round on the interweb, so it made it really fun to answer. I hope you enjoy reading my answers, and maybe even find out a little more about me. So, are you sitting comfortably? Then let’s go!
01. What’s your favorite candle scent?
My all time favourite candle scent just has to be ‘Water Garden’ from Yankee Candle. It smells absolutely divine, and makes me feel like I’m relaxing at a spa somewhere! I was over the moon when they re-released it earlier this year, but so far I haven’t managed to find it in any of my local stores!
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Reese Witherspoon! She just seems like such a lovely, down-to-earth person. I love watching all her movies, and I’m dying to get my hands on some of the stuff she sells in her store, Draper James. It just looks incredible!
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
This is such a difficult one! Maybe James Corden. He seems like the sort of guy you could have a laugh with all the time, and would have your back whenever you needed it.
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
It’s unlikely I’ll ever get married to be honest! I absolutely hate being the centre of attention, and the thought of having to walk down an aisle and be watched by my family and friends just freaks me out. I’d be that bride who tripped up and made a complete fool of herself! Haha.
05. Do you know a hoarder?
Yes, me! I’m terrible. I’m way too sentimental and want to keep everything the kids have ever worn, made or played with! I’m getting better though, and just try to keep the extra special things these days. It’s so hard though!
06. Can you do the splits?
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
I never have! I have a curved spine, so I can’t balance on a bike to be able to ride it. I was gutted and always thought I was just really stupid to not be able to ride a bike, so I felt so relieved when I finally found out why I’d always found it so difficult!
08. How many oceans have you swam in?
I don’t think I’ve ever swam in the ocean! I’ve paddled in it, but that’s about it!
09. How many countries have you been to?
Not many! I think probably 5 or 6 max.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
No. My grandad was when he was alive, though.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I already have one! I called her Stacey, after my favourite character from The Babysitters Club!
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
Again, I already have one. His name is Oscar.
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I got a couple of D’s in my GCSE’s. I wasn’t very academic and really struggled at school. I’ve definitely learned more since leaving, and think I would do so much better if I went back to school as an adult!
14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
As a little kid, it would have been Sesame Street. And then as a teenager I loved anything on the Disney Channel, so Lizzie McGuire, Two of a Kind, Sabrina the Teenage Witch etc. were my shows of choice. Oh, and Home Improvement. Does anyone else remember that? It sounds like it was a DIY show, but it wasn’t. I loved it!
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
I never dressed up for Halloween until I was about 10 or 11. And then I’d wear a bin bag as a dress and a cheap mask my mum picked up from the Co-op! They didn’t have all the amazing costumes available back then that they do now.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
I’ve read all the Harry Potter and Twilight Books. I’ve never really been drawn in to the hype around the Hunger Games, though. Would any of you guys recommend them?
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
This is another difficult question to answer! It depends really. I hate my Nottinghamshire accent, I sound so common! But I love posh British accents. And some American accents are lovely too.
18. Did your mother go to university?
19. Are your grandparents still married?
Sadly, I only have one grandma left. I think she’d still be married to my grandad if he hadn’t passed away though. Divorce wasn’t as common back when they were young as it is now.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No. I’d be rubbish at karate!
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
I certainly do!
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I think it would have been Alton Towers. It’s only about an hour away from where I live, and we used to go there quite often as kids. It could have been the American Adventure, though, as we went there quite a few times as well. The American Adventure was my favourite amusement park but it got closed down back in 2007.
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
French. It’s so widely used in the world that I think it would be useful to be able to speak French. Or Polish, as my hometown is now made up of a lot of Polish people.
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
Grey. Random fact: grey is actually my favourite colour …
25. Is your father bald?
He is, yes!
26. Do you know any triplets?
Yes! My nephew, Jack, got married back in April, and his wife is a triplet.T hey’re the only ones I know, though.
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I’ve never seen The Notebook, so Titanic it is!
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes, I love Indian food! Although I would usually choose a fairly mild dish to eat, like Chicken Tikka Masala or Lamb Balti.
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
At the moment it’s a restaurant called The Devonshire Arms, which opened near me last year. The food is just amazing, and you get really big portions for your money. I highly recommend them.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Yes, but I think it’s very overrated!
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I have no idea! I know I almost ended up being called Paula, though. I’m so glad my dad put a stop to that one as I feel like it was such an old-fashioned name for someone my age!
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Lou and Loulabelle.
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
I can’t choose just one! I have two favourites – my two beautiful children, Stacey and Oscar.
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
I like both for very different reasons. I’d probably go for the countryside though, as I love nothing more than going for long walks through the countryside. It really blows away the cobwebs!
36. Can you whistle?
No, I’ve never mastered the art of whistling!
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
No, I like the room to be pitch black when I’m in bed.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I eat breakfast most days. I only skip it if I’m really late up, or we’ve run out of all the things I would usually eat for breakfast.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Scoliosis, which is the curvature of the spine I mentioned earlier.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Lots! I used to have to go all the time for x-rays on my back, eye tests, and broken bones. I practically lived at the hospital as a child! LOL. I’ve not been in years though. The last time would have been when I gave birth to Oscar.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes! It’s one of my favourite Disney/Pixar films.
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
I don’t tend to stick to one particular brand of jeans. I only shop on the high street though. So places like New Look, River Island, Topshop, and Quiz.
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
I had my roots done last Thursday and Stacey told me my hair looked nice. I’ve inserted a recent pic, but it’s from my Snapchat, so isn’t the best quality.
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Yes. I’ve given up trying to interpret them though, as I have some really weird ones!
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
Just regular tea. I’m not into any of these fancy flavoured ones. I take mine with milk and no sugar. Oh, I quite like chamomile tea as well!
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Too many! I had a clear out recently, but I still own over 40 pairs. But I wear every single pair, to be fair!
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Well, I think of myself as being a Christian, but my children can practice whatever religion they want to. I just want them to be healthy and happy.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I would have been 10. I didn’t believe my mum and dad when they told me about it though. They’d done such a great job at convincing me he was real I was heartbroken!
50. Why do you have a blog?
I started my blog back in January 2012 when I was off work with my back problem, and found that I was so bored! I started reading all these beauty blogs, and found that lots of them praised products I hated just because they’d been lucky enough to be sent the products to try for free. I decided I was going to start a blog and be totally honest about the products I’d tried, no matter where they came from, and it wasn’t long before I was hooked! Nowadays, I write about fashion, beauty and lifestyle, and I still love what I do and have kept that honesty about the things I’ve tried out.
Wow! That was a long tag. I really enjoyed answering all 50 questions, though.
WHO I’M TAGGING TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS NEXT …
Hayley from Sparkles & Stretchmarks
Stacey from A Mess in a Dress
Emily from London Beauty Mum
Rachel from Beauty Queen UK
Rhian from Rhian Westbury
Kaz from Ickle Pickle’s Life & Travels
Natasha from Serenity You
and anyone else who wants to have a go!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers to the tag.
And don’t forget to link your post below if you’ve done this one so I can read your answers!