7 Super Romantic Places to Go On a Date in Nottingham

7 Super Romantic Places to Go On a Date in Nottingham

Once upon a time, when I was a lot younger, going on a date usually involved meeting up for a few drinks in a bar or pub, followed by dinner at a nice restaurant. It was all very nice, and what I enjoyed doing at the time. But now I’m getting older I like to plan dates that are a little more, well, fun.

Living in Nottingham means there’s always something different to see or do on a date. And today I thought I’d share my top 7 romantic date ideas for those of us who live in or around the city. I hope you guys enjoy it, and it gives you some inspiration for what you can do on your next date!

Cruise on the River Trent

01. TAKE A CRUISE ON THE RIVER TRENT

One of my favourite things to do on a date in Nottingham is to go on a romantic cruise on the River Trent. Run by Princess River Cruises, there are two different types of cruise available to go on: a tranquil daytime one, and a more vibrant, exciting evening one.

The afternoon cruises tend to have more over 50s dating, while the evening ones draw a much younger crowd. And it’s really not hard to see why. As once the sun sets and the passengers are on board, the disco and the barbeque fire up and it’s time to party! You can dance the night away to your favourite sounds, relax with a drink from the bar or just enjoy the enchanting floodlit atmosphere of the River Trent by night. It’s the perfect setting for enjoying some quality time with a loved one.

Picnic at Clumber Park

02. TAKE A PICNIC TO NEARBY CLUMBER PARK

I don’t think there’s anything more romantic than going for a picnic. So the next time the sun comes out why not pack up a basket full of your favourite foods and drinks, and head to nearby Clumber Park for an intimate afternoon for two? Don’t forget to take a nice big blanket so you can lie down and have a chat (or a snooze) once you’ve eaten, and I highly recommend having a walk around the woodland, hand in hand, as the scenery is just beautiful.

Back when I was a single parent dating we visited Clumber Park a lot, as Stacey could run around to her heart’s content while Nathan and I enjoyed some time chatting and getting to know one another. There’s plenty of secluded spots for picnicking as well, so you won’t end up sitting at the side of hundreds of other couples looking to get away from it all. It’s just wonderful there.

Afternoon Tea at The Pudding Pantry, Nottingham

03. HAVE AFTERNOON TEA AT THE PUDDING PANTRY

Afternoon Tea is big news right now. And I don’t think anywhere in Nottingham does it as well as The Pudding Pantry! Afternoon Tea here is served from 2pm till 4:30pm daily (5:30pm on a Saturday) and there are 3 different options you can choose from:

• Classic Tea, which includes 2 mini scones, homemade jam & clotted cream, 4 individually designed cakes, and sandwiches.
  • High Tea, which includes 2 mini scones, homemade jam & clotted cream, 4 individually designed cakes and sandwiches, and a glass of bubbly Prosecco.
  • Sweet Tea, which includes 2 mini scones, homemade jam & clotted cream, and 4 individually designed cakes.

The Pudding Pantry’s Afternoon Tea’s really are second-to-none. Everything here is absolutely delicious, and the cakes are super imaginative, so you won’t forget about eating here in a hurry. If your date is the sort of girl (or guy) who loves their afternoon tea, I highly recommend you take them here at least once. I promise they’ll love you for it forever!

Ice Skating at the National Ice Centre, Nottingham

04. GO ICE SKATING AT THE NATIONAL ICE CENTRE

Nottingham is well-known for being the birthplace of ice skating legends, Torvill and Dean. So why not head down to the amazing National Ice Arena in Hockney and have a go at skating, yourselves? You’re guaranteed to have lots of fun. And if you’re like me and you’re not very steady on your feet, you have a good excuse to cling on to your date for “safety”.

There are plenty of public sessions on throughout the week, and it will cost you less than a tenner each with skate hire. Bargain! The National Ice Centre is also home to the Motorpoint Arena, so if you’re lucky you might be able to catch a gig at the same time. It really is the place to go for a great night out.

The Theatre Royal, Nottingham

05. HAVE A NIGHT OUT AT THE THEATRE

I don’t know about you guys, but I love nothing more than a night out at the theatre. I really enjoy getting lost in the music and story of the show I’m seeing. But the theatre can also be quite the romantic setting for a date too. Especially if you pair it with a pre-show meal and drinks.

There are 3 theatre’s that I know of in Nottingham itself: The Theatre Royal and Royal Concert Hall, which are just across the road from Nottingham’s Cornerhouse, where there are loads of different places to grab a bite to eat and a drink before the performances. And The Nottingham Playhouse, which is situated on Wellington Circus.

To see what’s on at the Theatre Royal and Royal Concert Hall click here, and to see what’s on at The Nottingham Playhouse click here. And if you’d like to see what I thought of all the shows I’ve been to see recently, make sure you check out the theatre reviews section of my blog.

Moonlight Drive-In Cinema, Nottingham

06. VISIT THE MOONLIGHT DRIVE-IN CINEMA

If you’re looking for something quite different to do for a date in Nottingham, how about visiting the Moonlight Drive-In Cinema on the Giltbrook Shopping Park? Drive-In cinemas have become really popular here in the UK over the last couple of years, and I think that’s because we tend to love anything that originated in America.

Every month the Moonlight Drive-In Cinema shows 3 or 4 different movies, such as Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, Grease and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and the beauty of it is that you get to watch it from the comfort of your own car, with the sound playing through your stereo. You can even order food and drink to devour while you watch. It makes for a great night out, and I’m hoping to go and see Dirty Dancing there next month as this month’s showing has already sold out. Dammit!

Lost City Indoor Adventure Golf

07. PLAY A ROUND OFADVENTURE GOLF AT THE LOST CITY

OK, OK, I know what you’re going to say. How is playing a round of adventure golf romantic? And I hear ya, I really do! But trust me, The Lost City Indoor Adventure Golf is a fantastic place to go on a date in Nottingham. You can start out by playing either 18 or 36 holes of adventure golf (which is situated in the basement of The Cornerhouse) and then head to the super romantic Tiki Bar for drinks afterwards.

The Tiki Bar has a really relaxed atmosphere, and it’s the perfect place to just sit and chat to your date with a drink. It almost feels like you’re in a whole other world while you’re down there, and I wouldn’t hesitate to suggest it as a date idea to anyone looking to do something fun while they’re out and about in Nottingham. I love it!

And there you have it, my 7 suggestions of super romantic places to go on a date in Nottingham.
Have you ever tried any of them? Don’t forget to let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading guys.With love from Lou SignatureTwitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest

*Sponsored Post

• 16/06/2017 / 6:08 pm

I love drive-in cinema’s. They’re way better than regular cinema’s as you can actually chat to your date while you watch the film 🙂
      Louise recently posted…My Theatre Bucket ListMy Profile

1. 08/06/2017 / 9:51 pm

I don’t get to travel much so I may never be in Nottingham but it looks beautiful! And I haven’t been to a drive-in cinema in years. They are very few and far between these days.

2. Monica
    08/06/2017 / 10:49 pm

I so need a date night over here! And I just adore the idea of ice skating. Who says that my kids get to have all the fun?!

3. 08/06/2017 / 10:56 pm

I’ve never been to Nottingham! But we are visiting nearby Teversal this weekend with the children. And I might now be tempted to add the city to my shortlist for a future “Mum and Dad only,” weekend!

• 16/06/2017 / 6:10 pm

Ooh, you’ll have to let me know if you visit any of the places on my list 🙂 And the Teversal Grange is fab for food if you’re wanting to eat out while you’re here 🙂
      Louise recently posted…My Morning Skincare RoutineMy Profile

4. 08/06/2017 / 10:58 pm

Who knew Nottingham was so romantic! Great date ideas and all fun and enjoyable for everyone. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda | https://ldnrose.com

5. 08/06/2017 / 11:47 pm

I’m with you: fun and different are both great date night attributes! I don’t live near you, but all of these ideas can be reproduced in my home town. Thanks!

• 16/06/2017 / 6:11 pm

There’s been a lot of money spent on the city recently so it looks better than ever. I’m keeping everything crossed that you get to come and visit Nottingham one day 🙂
      Louise recently posted…Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor DreamcoatMy Profile

6. 09/06/2017 / 1:10 am

I love these romantic date night ideas! I really love drive-in movie theaters but there are not many of them left in the US. I’m headed to the UK later this month and I am really looking forward to afternoon tea! It would be a great date but unfortunately, my husband is staying home and I am traveling with my littles.
    Jessica Hughes recently posted…A Day in the Life of a Mom BloggerMy Profile

7. 09/06/2017 / 1:37 am

My goodness what a beautiful and fun place to live. We used to have Drive-In theatres here but those are long gone from my area. Now I want to find one and go!
    Shirley Wood recently posted…Porch Swing MakeoverMy Profile

8. 09/06/2017 / 1:52 am

Those are great ideas!! I really love the drive in, we do not have one around here anymore. I really miss it. That mini golf coarse looks awesome.

9. 09/06/2017 / 3:50 am

The river cruise is my favorite of all the suggestions. My husband and I loved taking cruises around Manhattan before our kids were born, but haven’t been on one in years. Thank you for inspiring me!

10. 09/06/2017 / 9:12 am

High tea at The Pudding Pantry sounds delicious! Date nights are so important and something I haven’t done in months since having a little one. Definitely need to make the time and effort to go on one.
    Debbie recently posted…Quiet Brown Owl Etsy Shop LaunchMy Profile

11. 09/06/2017 / 10:52 am

I am all for the picnic and the afternoon tea ideas. I am a single mum and haven’t been dating for some time now but I would love to experience the picnic and high tea. They are not your typical everyday date ideas

12. Emma
    09/06/2017 / 11:01 am

I’ve always wanted to go to a Drive In Movie but have never been. I’m totally down with the afternoon tea though, I’m definitely on board with that one! Some great ideas, thanks!

13. 09/06/2017 / 1:21 pm

Nottingham isn’t a place I would automatically think of when it comes to romance but it’s great to see that you’ve managed to collate quite a few places that would make any date awesome!
    Carla S recently posted…50 Things That Make Me HappyMy Profile

14. 09/06/2017 / 2:03 pm

These look like great date ideas! We’ve never actually been to Nottingham before, but definitely have a reason to now!

15. reesa
    09/06/2017 / 2:52 pm

Oh these all sound like such lovely date ideas!!!! My brother and SIL are going to England soon so I will have to see if they are in the area to do these things.

16. 09/06/2017 / 5:48 pm

There are some great ideas here. The moonlight drive in cinema sounds awesome.x

17. 09/06/2017 / 7:44 pm

The River tour is something my husband and I would totally do. Actually we would do all of these except the skating, however I have never thought to look at river cruises before! Glad for the idea.
    Angela Tolsma recently posted…Down the Rabbit HoleMy Profile

18. 09/06/2017 / 8:11 pm

I’ve never visited Nottingham but I think you’ve won me over with The Pudding Pantry…my mouth is watering!

19. Angela Milnes
    09/06/2017 / 10:12 pm

Such a great ideas and I love to have a date night with my hubby since we have a kids we don’t experience date night anymore.

20. 09/06/2017 / 10:30 pm

What lovely date night ideas around Nottingham, I’m especially liking the drive-in cinema, the comfort of your own car yet sharing the experience with a crowd. Thank you for sharing dear.

Tajinder | http://www.musicgeekonline.co.uk

21. 10/06/2017 / 3:53 am

love all of these. I’m a huge fan of picnics. I love Ice Skating and I’ve never been to a drive through. Now I just have to make it to Nottingham to try them out.

22. 10/06/2017 / 9:45 am

Having lived in Nottingham for 8 years now I certainly recommend the mini golf and ice skating it’s so much fun! I’ve never done the river cruise tho x
    Kirsty recently posted…The Darker Side To MotherhoodMy Profile

23. 10/06/2017 / 12:15 pm

These are some great date ideas! Too bad I don’t live around Nottingham..

24. 10/06/2017 / 1:26 pm

Just being able to go on a date in general with a three year old is something we try to do at least a couple times of month. These are definitely great ideas.

25. 10/06/2017 / 3:50 pm

I really enjoy this topic. It is always fun to find different things to do during “date nights.”
    I like your list and your pictures!

26. Jeanine
    10/06/2017 / 4:27 pm

Nottingham looks like a lovely place to head out on a date. I haven’t been out for a date in a long time, we usually do our dates at home so this would be lovely to experience!

27. 10/06/2017 / 5:34 pm

I’ve never been to Nottingham but looks like there are so many nice places for going on a date. We love afternoon tea so would love that place.
    joanna recently posted…Fathers Day Gift Guide 2017My Profile

28. Veronica P.
    10/06/2017 / 7:52 pm

I always wanted to visit a drive-in cinema! Taking a river cruise also sounds like a wonderful idea.

29. 10/06/2017 / 9:02 pm

I have a thing for boats – I’d be on that every week if I lived in Nottingham! It looks so beautiful.

30. 10/06/2017 / 10:40 pm

These are great date night ideas! I love the idea of the drive in cinema and well…the pudding pantry, sounds like my kind of place!!

31. 11/06/2017 / 3:15 am

I had a very good friend who moved from Nottingham to the US and he missed it so badly. I can see why!

32. 11/06/2017 / 9:24 am

amazing seven, the cruise will be a good choice for me though, havent been there before so i cant really say but if i had a choice i sure will. nice list here.

33. 11/06/2017 / 9:32 am

I didn’t know there was this much to do ok Nottingham, I like the idea of a date cruising the city or going to theatre. It’s something I have never done but seems like would be epic
    Anosa recently posted…30 Countries Before 30: 2 down 3 to go My Profile

34. 11/06/2017 / 1:27 pm

These seem so fun and great places for date night. I don’t live anywhere near there but if I ever travel and need something to do this guide seems perfect and well done.

35. 11/06/2017 / 1:31 pm

The Moon-Light Drive In looks awesome! I have been to a few drive in theaters here in the States and they never looked this nice.
    Cassie Tucker recently posted…Try the World ReviewMy Profile

36. Elizabeth O
    11/06/2017 / 2:50 pm

The drive in theater sounds like a brilliant idea to me because I’ve never been to one… or at least, I don’t remember doing that.

37. ramiz
    11/06/2017 / 5:21 pm

ı would like to see there one day

38. 11/06/2017 / 6:24 pm

Great ideas! I especially like drive-in movies – I haven’t been to one in forever.

39. Victoria
    11/06/2017 / 7:58 pm

Lovely ideas! Travel is what I enjoy and hope to see this places for myself and catch all the fun. Great post.

40. 11/06/2017 / 11:51 pm

I haven’t been to Nottingham but it seems it has lots of romantic places for a date.I will plan visiting there with my friend.

41. 11/06/2017 / 11:57 pm

Wow, that river cruise alone would be good enough for me! It looks beautiful and it looks relaxing!

42. 12/06/2017 / 5:45 am

These are wonderful ideas. Would love to visit one day! Thanks for sharing!

43. 12/06/2017 / 1:55 pm

This is a great list of places to go for a fun date in nottingham! The theatre looks absolutely gorgeous!

44. 12/06/2017 / 6:30 pm

My husband and I love taking picnics to local parks! It’s such a lovely way to spend the afternoon… and food always seems to taste better outside 🙂

Caitlin • Blonde Seeking Ambition

45. andrea
    13/06/2017 / 6:18 pm

Awwww, what cool, fun, date-night ideas, the theatre looks absolutely gorgeous! These all look lovely!

46. lydia
    15/06/2017 / 4:26 am

I’ve never been but these are such fun date night ideas!! Such a gorgeous place to visit!

47. 16/06/2017 / 5:20 pm

I’m not familiar with Nottingham but sounds like you have some lovely spots for a date night!

48. 17/06/2017 / 3:27 am

These all sound like such fun date ideas! I love finding ways to mix in a bit of fun and adventure along with the romance of a date night.

49. 17/06/2017 / 3:32 am

These are great date ideas. I don’t think I could get my husband to go ice skating or on a picnic in the park, but I bet he would take me to the drive in. We have a new drive in not far from us, and I’m just dying to go check it out.

50. 17/06/2017 / 5:10 pm

Hubby and I love going to see something live at the theatre! When we first started dating, he worked at one and we got to enjoy it for several of our first dates. When our favorites come around, we always make time to see them and enjoy a great dinner beforehand. 🙂 I imagine that the theatres in Nottingham are as stunning inside as they are outside!

51. Ali Rost
    17/06/2017 / 11:58 pm

What lovely ideas for a date! I remember going with my husband to the drive-in theater when I was younger. My husband and I would pack a picnic of sorts and sit out under the stars. I also love your ideas of going to the theater or ice skating. Anything different than the standard dinner and a movie x

52. 19/06/2017 / 1:27 pm

I have never been to Nottingham but it is on my travel list. These all look like fantastic date night ideas! I would love to do any of the 5! Thanks so much for sharing!

53. 19/06/2017 / 3:00 pm

Aw I love your bucket list! Especially the theatre. We’re going to see Sister Act this week! I can’t wait. It’s so much more fun than the cinema.

54. 27/06/2017 / 8:21 pm

This is a great post! I have never been to Nottingham, but I’m adding it to my list now 😉