5 Things I’d Love To Have In My Home

Recently, I’ve been updating my home with a few new little items scattered here and there. You know the sort of thing I mean – a faux plant in the living room, a long mirror in the bedroom and a new set of pans in the kitchen. But even though I love that they’ve given each room a new lease of life, there are still quite a few bigger items I’d like to add to my home. And today I thought I’d talk through some of them with you.

I hope you enjoy having a read of my post, and I’d love to hear what you think of the things on my wishlist. If you have any of them, how do you get on with them? And if not, are they things you’d like in your own home? You can let me know by leaving me a message in the comments section at the end of the post. So, are you sitting comfortably? Then let me tell you about the top 5 things I’d love to have in my home …

Dishwasher

01. A Dishwasher

Up until recently, I’d never really thought about having a dishwasher. But then I started watching some mummy vloggers on YouTube, and they all seemed to have one! Their evening routine’s look so much easier than mine as they don’t have a ton of pots to wash and dry after dinner, and I think if I had one it would be a big help to me. At the moment we eat dinner and then I spend a good hour washing up in our teeny tiny sink before having to make a start on the kids’ bedtime routine. There’s no time to sit down with a cuppa in between. Having a dishwasher would most definitely allow me to enjoy a little more family time in an evening, which would be pure bliss!

Belfast Sink

02. A Belfast Sink

I know I’ve mentioned it here on my blog before, but if there’s one thing I’ve always wanted in my home, it’s a Belfast Sink! Aren’t they just stunning? I love how big they are compared to regular sinks, and I think I’d get the washing up done in double-quick time if I were to have one in my kitchen as I wouldn’t have to keep refilling the sink with pots every time I’d washed and dried some. A Belfast Sink would be a great alternative to the dishwasher I mentioned above, but I wouldn’t say no to having both. That way, the unimportant stuff could go in the dishwasher after dinner, and I could wash everything else by hand in the sink. Perfect!

Ikea Cube Storage

03. Storage Units from Ikea

Being a blogger, I’ve acquired a lot of stuff. And at the moment, that stuff is piled up wherever there’s a bit of space for it to go. Urgh! So, I’ve been browsing online for some nice storage units to help me clear up the mess and have a much more organised home. And I came across some absolutely gorgeous cube storage from Ikea that I think would be absolutely perfect. Not only do they look fab, but they’d hold lots of things like toys, gadgets, cables and other bits and bobs as well. I just love them and think they’d look really nice dotted around my home.

04. A Conservatory

Another thing I really wish our current home had is a conservatory. Our last one did and absolutely loved sitting in there during the summer months, reading a good book and enjoying a nice cup of tea. It was lovely. And probably my most favourite room in the whole house! I would give anything to have a conservatory again. It was the perfect place to sit and catch up with friends, do a bit of blogging or even play with the kids. And, of course, conservatories tend to be little sun traps, so they’re always nice and warm during the daytime.

Concerete garage from Lidget

05. A Garage

And this last one might seem a bit of a silly one, as you guys know that I don’t own a car. But, I still wish our house had a garage. First up, I think it would be the perfect place to keep all of Oscar’s outdoor toys during the winter months. We’ve got trikes and other ride-on’s, water tables, mud kitchens, paddling pools and lots more stuff that doesn’t have a ‘proper’ home during these colder months. I’ve been looking at some gorgeous concrete garages from Lidget, and I think they’d be perfect for my needs. They’d be way more secure than a garden shed, and look much nicer too.

And, secondly, when I was younger I used to babysit for a couple who’d turned their garage into a games room for the kids. It was brilliant! They used to play all sorts in there, from Pool and Foosball to Darts and Air Hockey. And they were never bored! The couple even had electricity running to it so the kids could watch TV and play their X-Box in there if they wanted to. I remember being super impressed and always wanted a garage that I could turn into a games room for my own kids. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to make that dream a reality.

5 Things I'd Love To Have In My Home

And there you have it – 5 things I’d absolutely love to have in my home.
Would you like any of them in your own home? Be sure to let me know in the comments below.

1. 07/11/2018 / 11:42 am

Oh yes to all of these! I dream of having a conservatory one day and French doors that open onto our garden 🙂

2. 07/11/2018 / 12:30 pm

I would love a dishwasher! I spend so much time daily washing up. We will extend our kitchen eventually and I will get one and a new range cooker. I would also love a summer house in my garden!
    Carly Markham recently posted…Review: Little Dragons Cafe Playstation4My Profile

3. 07/11/2018 / 4:07 pm

I would love a Belfast sink as well, we have a garage but it is full of so much stuff that there is not room to put the car x

4. 07/11/2018 / 4:25 pm

I feel very lucky to have a dishwasher but we are lusting after a Belfast sink and conservatory although don’t think we have the space for the latter!

5. 07/11/2018 / 9:56 pm

I couldn’t live without a dishwasher, it makes such a difference. Ikea is the place to go for furniture, isn’t it!

6. 08/11/2018 / 9:52 am

I really need more storage as we have toys and clutter everywhere and it drives me mad. After our wedding next year we are planning on getting the house all redecorated and in order and I can’t wait x

7. 08/11/2018 / 12:52 pm

This post is so cute! When I own (or rent) my own place, I’ll be buying everythiiiiiiiiiiiiing from IKEA (and Homesense too) – cheap as chips! x

8. 08/11/2018 / 2:47 pm

I can see that you have great taste in interiors. I must say that I am completely with you on the Belfast sink, as this looks super nice xx

9. 08/11/2018 / 7:58 pm

We have the storage units from ikea and they are perfect. So much depth in them that holds everything we need. I’m like you though and would to have a dishwasher

10. 09/11/2018 / 11:58 am

I have to say I feel very lucky that we have a fairly low energy dishwasher – such a help! Would also loooove to have a garage, would be so useful

Laura x

11. 09/11/2018 / 10:42 pm

I have those Ikea units and they are great! Really multi functional too. Having a dishwasher would make my life soo much easier! Wish I had one. 🙂 xx

12. 11/11/2018 / 10:45 am

i also have the storage from Ikea 😀 so useful and simple. I used to have dishwasher at my parents’ and now miss it a bit haha

13. 11/11/2018 / 10:22 pm

I do have to admit that having a dishwasher does make life a little easier most days.

14. 12/11/2018 / 2:18 am

There are quite a few of these on my must-have list for our next house, too! I really want a large kitchen sink as well, and a big greenhouse for our garden.

15. 12/11/2018 / 12:16 pm

Haha, the things that have been on my wish list for forever (new basement and kitchen flooring), we got this past summer, compliments of insurance and a flood last spring! Alas, our garage is still half-full of stuff I had to evacuate from the basement for the renovations…

16. 12/11/2018 / 2:14 pm

I don’t know how one lives without a dishwasher, it makes a huge difference in how much we eat at home verses out! Not having to do the dishes is a big deal. I also would love a conservatory, it’s on my wishlist!

17. Joshua
    12/11/2018 / 5:03 pm

These are all beautiful things to have in a home. I think the conservatory is an incredible addition that I look forward to building!

18. 12/11/2018 / 7:34 pm

We have at home dishwasher and that thing is awesome, you really need one in your life. I love your 5 things that you would love to have in your house. Fingers crossed that you manage to have them 😉😊
    Marcela recently posted…GYMSHARK – Hit or MissMy Profile

19. 13/11/2018 / 5:25 pm

I like this wish list! This Belfast sink is something I want for my house too and hope I can afford it when comes the time to renovate our kitchen.

20. Becca Wilson
    14/11/2018 / 4:51 pm

I absolutely love those storage bins. We have some of these in my girls’ room and they definitely keep clutter out of the floor.

21. 19/11/2018 / 6:26 pm

Wow! The Ikea units, they look great. These are great 5 things to have in your home.

22. 04/12/2018 / 7:15 am

You have an eye for good home interior. I would love to have some of them in my one house. Thanks for sharing!