Stacey’s Travel Essentials for Teen Girls

You may remember last week that Oscar and I shared his top 10 travel essentials for 4 year old boys here on my blog. And we promised you that we’d be back this week with a list of travel essentials for teen girls that his big sister Stacey had picked out. And, look! We actually remembered to publish the post we said we were going to do for once. I can hardly believe it!

All of the items on Stacey’s list are things she’s had for ages, along with some bits and bobs we’ve picked up over the last few weeks ready for our family holiday to Parkdean’s Cherry Tree site near Great Yarmouth next month. And she’s already started using some of the new things. Typical! Don’t forget that I’ll be back again next week to share my own travel essentials post, chock full of lovely products for us ladies, and I hope you’re enjoying this mini series so far.

So, before I waffle on any longer, let’s jump right in and see what lovely goodies Stacey has picked out to take on vacation with her this year …

Stacey's Travel Essentials for Teen Girls

Friends Pyjama Set – £6.00
First up Stacey has picked out a short pyjama set that my mum kindly treated her to in Primark a couple of weeks ago. The set is super cute, and is based on the popular 90’s TV series we’re both big fans of – Friends! This particular pair are perfect for Stacey as she hates being overly warm in bed, and they are made up of a vest top and little shorts. She usually takes a dressing gown away with her too, so if it’s a cool night and she’s wearing these, she can just pop that on over the top.

Unicorn Pool Inflatable – £10.00
Stacey loves anything with unicorn’s on, so it came as no surprise when she picked up this awesome pool inflatable from Primark earlier this month. I double checked with Parkdean that pool inflatable’s were actually allowed in their pools before agreeing to buy it for her, and they said yes, as long as they’re not too big. And I don’t think this one is. It’s super cute, and has a white body where Stacey can sit while she’s in the pool, and a multi-coloured mane and tail. She’s really excited to take it with her, as she’s never had a pool inflatable before. I reckon I’m going to have to get one for Oscar too, or they’ll be arguing over it as soon as they get in the pool!

Gold Tone Faux Crystal Detail Aviator Sunglasses – £10.00
Last Saturday we took Oscar to see Milkshake! Live at the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham. And while we were there we popped into Claire’s to see if we could find a new pair of sunglasses for Stacey, as her old pair had broken. She managed to find a gorgeous pair of gold aviators with a faux crystal detail going down each side. They’re just perfect for taking away with her.

‘Generation Next: The Takeover’ by Oli White – £7.00
I don’t think there’s anything nicer than relaxing with a good book while you’re on holiday. And this year Stacey has picked up one by YouTube sensation, Oli White, to take with her. Generation Next: The Takeover is the sequel to Oli’s debut book, Generation Next, and tells the story of a group of friends who are giving their online social platform the ultimate relaunch by taking over the stage at the world’s biggest festival. But things don’t quite go according to plan, and if Jack (the main character) isn’t careful, his dreams for Generation Next, and his relationships with his friends, could be about to go up in smoke. I think it’s the perfect book to treat any teenage fan of Oli’s to this summer!

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Suncare Spray – £12.99
As I mentioned last week, it’s really important to make sure the kids are smothered in sunscreen whenever you’re out and about in the summer. And at the moment Stacey is really enjoying using the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Eventone Suncare Spray with SPF30, which we were kindly sent to try out earlier this month. I think she mostly likes this one because it smells just like chocolate (yum), but it also sinks into the skin really quickly and easily, which makes it perfect for young teens to apply by themselves. We highly recommend it, and there will be a more in-depth review of it coming up on my blog really soon.

Batiste Oriental Scented Dry Shampoo – £2.99
The one problem we always come across when we go away is getting Stacey to wash her hair! She absolutely hates showers, and would rather just wash at the sink every day. But then she doesn’t like washing her hair over the sink, so she finds she has to jump in the shower at least a couple of times while we’e there. At home, Stacey usually washes her hair every couple of days, so to get round this while we’re away, she always takes a can of dry shampoo with her to use in-between washes. I have to say, it does the job. And at the moment she’s loving the Oriental scented one. It’s divine!

New Look Black Aztec Print Wrap Front Bikini – £12.99
Next up on Stacey’s list of travel essentials for teen girls is this super cute wrap front bikini from New Look. It has a black and white Aztec print all over it, with bright pink trim. Stacey likes that it fastens with a clasp fastening rather than needing to be tied, and as she’s super tall and slim this sort of swimwear really suits her. At £12.99 for both the bikini top and bottoms, you can’t go wrong either!

iPad Mini 4 – 128gb in Silver – £368.30
These days most kids have a iPad or tablet of some description, and they’re fab for taking away on holiday as they’re not only slim enough to slip into your luggage, but they tend to be fairly lightweight as well. We load Stacey’s with plenty of games, movies, and songs before we leave, and it’s usually enough to keep her occupied while we’re sat in the caravan in the evenings. She can also chat to her friends for free via iMessage if we manage to pick up 4G on site too!

Body Fantasies Perfume Body Spray in Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy – £3.99
Like me, Stacey never leaves home without a perfume or body spray. And the one she’s picked up to take on holiday with her this year is the beautiful Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy scent from Body Fantasies. I won’t go into too much detail about it as I reviewed it here, but it’s a really great, long-lasting scent that is perfect for summer. I’m hoping to borrow a bit while we’re away. Hehe.

Sound Asleep Speaker Pillow – £16.63
And last but certainly not least, Stacey will be taking her pillow with her. She loves it because it has a speaker inside it, and if she connects her iPad or phone to it, she can listen to her music while she has a lie down. She doesn’t disturb anyone else in the caravan either, as only people laying on the pillow can hear it! It’s such a nifty little invention, and perfect for teens to take away on holiday with them if they have one.

Stacey on the Beach

And there you have it – Stacey’s top 10 travel essentials for teen girls. We hope you enjoyed reading it as much as we enjoyed sitting together and writing it. I’m sure Stacey could have picked out loads more items she can’t go away without if I’d let her. But I thought I’d better stop her when we got to ten!

Do you have any other travel essentials you’d recommend for teenage girls?
Let me know in the comments below, and we’ll be sure to give them a try.
With love from Lou SignatureTwitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest

1. 29/06/2017 / 3:12 am

Comfortable clothes are a huge must for travel for anyone. Also do not forget the comfy shoes!
    Heather Johnson recently posted…Peach Crisp RecipeMy Profile

2. 29/06/2017 / 3:28 am

What a great selection for a girl her age to go on holiday with. This post has also given me some ideas for my niece who has a birthday coming up very soon!

3. 29/06/2017 / 5:22 am

This is such a great selection for girls your age! I specially agree with the ipad mini 4! i think it’s great to have something other than your phone specially bigger so you can read a book or watch netflix. great products and range of prices!

4. 29/06/2017 / 7:10 am

Such a great list. It includes everything that a baby girl needs. These items are indeed required while traveling.

5. 29/06/2017 / 10:03 am

Great selection, I am going to have to look at one of the speaker pillows for my Daughter she would love that x

6. 29/06/2017 / 10:34 am

Such a great selection! My daughter is off to Paris soon and I have been wondering what to pack for her, so a couple of these might make it into her bag x

7. 29/06/2017 / 11:53 am

I love all of these even as a full grown adult hahaha. I sure love the unicorn floaties, I really want to purchase one for myself this year.

8. 29/06/2017 / 11:54 am

Stacey – I love your list! I wish I had this list to help my daughter pack. And, you are right on target, many of those items are exactly what she packs/packed! Thanks 🙂

9. 29/06/2017 / 3:12 pm

What some awesome travel accessories, I am in love with the unicorn float, if I had somewhere I could use it, I would most definitely have one of my own.
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Are your Pets Holiday ReadyMy Profile

10. 29/06/2017 / 6:28 pm

These are all great items!
    One thing I would add is to re-check their bags after they packed.
    My kids headed out to Ottawa yesterday and had to do a pantie run at 7:30 this morning because they couldn’t find them in their suitcase! LOL!!
    Heather Lawrence recently posted…Infinity Jar ReviewsMy Profile

11. 29/06/2017 / 6:51 pm

Lovely to see how the teenage mind works. I have two daughters, on the upper side of teens, and I remember all too well how precise their needs were for travelling. Particularly two totally different needs. My older daughter has always insisted on a good supply of face mist since she first tried it. I’m sure the first one we bought was Boots or Superdrug brand, but she is basically addicted to it in the warmer weather. Younger daughter, she was more bothered about having her long loved “Jack” with her, a floppy eared, moth eaten, slightly bald dog she’s had since being very young.

12. 29/06/2017 / 7:45 pm

This is a great list. I love making packing lists so I don’t forget things. I also am always going around in my thoughts on what I should pack.

XOXO
    Jordan
    brunetteadventures.com

13. I love your travel essentials! They are sooooo on point and I’m loving the unicorn blow up float and the Batiste dry shampoo! That’s my go to product everyday.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
    Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk recently posted…June FavouritesMy Profile

14. 29/06/2017 / 11:27 pm

I will definitely be packing the uniform inflatable too. And I am not even a teenager 😊

15. 29/06/2017 / 11:40 pm

These are all great travel ideas! I do not have a teenager yet, but my 9 year old would like a lot of these. Although we are not quite ready to let her wear a bikini, I know that will come in time.
    Emily recently posted…DIY wood pallet bench, low cost and easy to make!My Profile

16. 30/06/2017 / 1:48 am

That pool inflatable is adorable. And I’v enever used dry shampoo but that seems like a great thing to have while traveling. Especially if camping
    Carrie Chance recently posted…Throwback Thursday – 1996My Profile

17. Ali Rost
    30/06/2017 / 6:30 am

Passing your post along to my best friend. She has a daughter who’s a teenager and has a number of trips coming up this summer. I’m sure your list will give them some mind ticklers and things they hadn’t thought about! x

18. 30/06/2017 / 6:43 am

My daughter’s birthday is next week, and she desperately wants a unicorn pool float. Trouble is, we don’t have a pool! Need to buy her one anyway and get some more things off your list.
    Melanie recently posted…Cars 3 Candy BarkMy Profile

19. 30/06/2017 / 6:46 am

I love palmers products and will need to try that cocoa butter spray. great list

20. 30/06/2017 / 10:01 am

I’d always say a book and some sort of music as no matter your age you always want things to occupy you with on the travels/ when you’re sunbathing x
    Rhian Westbury recently posted…Parisian Beauty And Skincare HaulMy Profile

21. 30/06/2017 / 10:29 am

this is a briliant list an im so pleased theres unicorns in there we all need unicorns x

22. 30/06/2017 / 11:22 am

That is such a great selection! I love your travel essentials! So many adorable items. I love the pajamas too!!

23. 30/06/2017 / 11:48 am

Love this list of what teen girls should pack. Love that the inflatable unicorn is on this list! I would also add some music, a book to read or a journal.

24. 30/06/2017 / 8:54 pm

You listed so many items that I would even love! I must be a kid at heart still.

25. 30/06/2017 / 9:12 pm

That’s a pretty good list of essentials you’ve compiled! I absolutely love the unicorn floatie and definitely agree that it’s essential haha. Great post! <3
    Charlotte Greene recently posted…Marriage Happenings #4My Profile

26. 02/07/2017 / 12:27 pm

All great ideas ! It’s great to be prepared when traveling

27. 02/07/2017 / 5:07 pm

this is such a great list. my travel essentials as a teen was practically my whole room haha that pyjama set so cute!
    nicol recently posted…I’m Not ReadyMy Profile

28. brook clifton
    02/07/2017 / 8:51 pm

These are all sounds like good essentials I really like especially the comfortable clothes when you are on travel.

29. 03/07/2017 / 2:30 pm

This is a great list you have. My eldest daughter is 11 and she’s getting very picky just lately. I love the unicorn pool inflater, she probably will hate it. My two little Witches would love it though!!. We love to buy our PJ’s from Primark x
    Rachel recently posted…Egg Carton Ladybird Craft | Fun BugsMy Profile

30. 03/07/2017 / 2:42 pm

I’ll take that inflatable please! What a great list for teenage girls. Mine are still a ways off but I am sure I’ll have to keep this in mind for when the time comes.

31. 03/07/2017 / 5:55 pm

I love the central perk pajama set and the unicorn floatie! I used to watch Friends religiously as a teen and it brings back memories!

32. 03/07/2017 / 11:18 pm

Okay, I SO loved your list (and it’s making me think that I have the taste of a teenage girl… but that’s okay!) but those Friends pyjamas set really caught my eye. Love, love, love it and will definitely have to get a set for myself. I’m a huge fan of the show, so these are totally something I’d like to own!
    Lisa Favre recently posted…4 Ways to Spruce Up Your CorrespondenceMy Profile

33. 04/07/2017 / 12:54 am

My daughter would love everything on this list but I think she would like the unicorn floatie the best. I also need the dry shampoo when traveling so it would be a win for both of us.

34. 04/07/2017 / 1:17 am

Having a unicorn pool inflatable is such a trend these days. I see many people posting this stuff on Instagram. There’s also the donut and some food-inspired designs that look very cute. Aviator sunglass is definitely another must-have we always bring.

35. 04/07/2017 / 4:02 am

My daughter is not a teen yet but I can totally see her needing some of these items on her travel list. Great list for teen girls. Got to keep them entertained and happy while traveling!
    Censie Sawyer recently posted…DINOS! Live at Denver ZooMy Profile

36. 04/07/2017 / 10:11 am

My teenage daughter would agree with all of Staceys choices. I would quite happily buy and pack them for her (and even use a few myself!)
    Helen recently posted…June round up and July plansMy Profile

37. lisa
    04/07/2017 / 2:42 pm

What a great selection!! My teen daughter would definitely have some of these same items, especially sunscreen and of course all electronics. Great list!

38. 04/07/2017 / 3:07 pm

This is an awesome and very thoughtfully made list. Yes to the book. Sounds like a good read. I always like to bring at least one book with me when I vacation. The bathing suit is too adorable.

39. 04/07/2017 / 4:59 pm

I didn’t know Palmer’s had a suncare line. I need to check that out. Is it bad that I want the unicorn pool float? lol She picked some awesome items!

40. 04/07/2017 / 5:00 pm

What a great selection! I’m especially jealous of the Friends PJs as I saw those myself the other day but they didn’t have my size x
    Laura Clark recently posted…Five Inexpensive Self-Care IdeasMy Profile

41. 04/07/2017 / 11:35 pm

My best friend’s daughter is the perfect age for these! In fact, she has a number of trips coming up this summer and I know your list will come in handy. Passing it along to them. I know they’ll be excited! x

42. 06/07/2017 / 5:10 pm

I’ve never tried packing for a teen girl these days but when I was a teen, I made sure that I had everything to help me take good care of my skin depending on where I’m going. These are perfect for the summer!
    Carol Cassara recently posted…Doorway to past lives + special offerMy Profile

43. 13/07/2017 / 2:12 am

This was a really enjoyable read. As mom to a 14 month old girl, it’s fun to see what teenage girls are interested in these days to brace myself for what’s coming down the road!