6 Quick & Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Bedroom this Spring

6 Quick & Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Bedroom This SpringSpring has officially sprung, and if the weather has been as nice in your part of the country as it has been in mine, you might have even started doing a little bit of Spring cleaning!

Every year, when the daffodils start to bloom, I find myself wanting to give my bedroom a little makeover to compliment the new season. But, more often than not, money tends to be quite tight around this time of year, and I find myself having to make it over on a budget.

For today’s blog post I thought I’d share 6 quick and easy ways to spruce up your own bedroom for Spring in case you’re in a similar situation to me. And none of them will cost you a fortune either! I hope you enjoy it …

Watercolor Leaves Mural Wallpaper from PIXERS

01. Add a feature wall

I’ve always been a fan of feature walls, but have never bothered having one in my bedroom until recently because of how much of a faff painting and wallpapering can be. However, last year I came across a website called PIXERS, who design and make a massive range of awesome mural wallpapers that are self adhesive, easy to apply, and can be moved or re-positioned whenever they need to be. These wallpapers look just as good as the real thing, yet take just a fraction of the time that traditional wallpapering takes. How fab is that?

For Spring, I absolutely love this watercolor leaves mural wallpaper that fits in perfectly with the Pantone colour of the year: Greenery. Greenery is a refreshing and revitalising shade, which is symbolic of new beginnings. And what is a makeover if not a new beginning?! I can’t imagine any other wallpaper being as perfect as this for Spring, and have I mentioned how much I love it already? Ah yes, I believe I did!

Canterbury Check Flannelette Grey Duvet Cover Set from Yorkshire Linen

02. Throw on some fresh new bedding (cotton or flannelette)

I don’t know about you guys but I don’t think there’s anything nicer than jumping into bed than when the bedding has been freshly washed and ironed! It doesn’t matter whether it’s bedding you’ve had for ages or something new like this grey flannelette duvet cover set from The Yorkshire Linen Company that recently caught my eye. As long as it’s freshly laundered I promise you’ll feel like you’re in a whole new world once you snuggle down for the night. Yorkshire Linen also has cotton duvet covers available if you find those more comfortable.

I always choose flannelette duvet covers and sheets over regular cotton ones at this time of year as the nights tend to be quite cool here in the UK, and I want something that’s going to keep me nice and warm. Are you guys the same?

Artificial Orchids from Next

03. Add a splash of colour with some artificial flowers

It’s no secret that I love having flowers and plants in my house. However, it makes me sad when they start to die. So I recently started filling my home with artificial flowers. And, unbelievably, I love them even more than the real thing!

Next are one of my favourite places to buy artificial flowers and plants, and if I had to recommend just one to you guys today it would have to be their real touch orchids. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and prices, and they look and feel just like the real thing! I have a real touch orchid at the side of my bed and it’s beautiful. It’s pretty much always the first thing I see when I wake up every morning and seeing it is guaranteed to put a smile on my face.

04. Bring in things from other rooms

Sprucing up a bedroom for Spring doesn’t have to cost a penny if you don’t want it to. One of my favourite ways to give a room a new lease of life is to bring in bits of furniture and bits and bobs from other rooms. For example, you might have a rocking chair in the kid’s room that would look great in the corner with a fluffy cushion sitting on it. A rug in the living room that would look great on the floor at the side of the bed, or a lamp collecting dust in the conservatory that would be perfect for popping on your bedside table.

We'll Always Have Paris Print from Prints With Feelings

05. Hang some art on the walls

Another super quick and easy way to update a bedroom is to hang a nice piece of art, some prints, or photographs on the wall. I’m a big fan of prints that have words or inspirational quotes on them, and I buy the majority of mine from a website called ‘Prints with Feelings’,  who have a wide range of fantastic products for sale.

I currently have my eye on this print with the words ‘We’ll always have Paris’ on, and think it will look fantastic hung on my bedroom wall this Spring. What do you guys think?

Cherry Blossom Candles from Yankee Candle

06. Light a floral scented candle

Every year when Spring comes around I find myself reaching for the candles in my collection that have a pretty floral scent to them. And one of my favourite Spring candles is ‘Cherry Blossom’ from Yankee Candle. The wax on this particular candle is the most beautiful pale pink colour, and it smells divine.

Cherry Blossom is a truly enchanting fragrance which has top notes of cherry, middle notes of rose, cherry blossom and jasmine, and base notes of powdery musk and sandalwood. I love this scent as it fills the whole room with a fragrance that lasts for hours. I don’t think you’ll find another candle that smells as Spring-like as this one. It really does make the perfect final addition when you’re sprucing up a bedroom for Spring.

And there you have it, 6 quick and easy ways to give your bedroom a little makeover this season. I hope you found some of my ideas helpful, and I’d love to see some pictures of your finished room if you use any of them. I’ll be updating my bedroom for the Spring very soon, and I’ll try to remember to share some pictures with you guys too.

Do you have any other tips for sprucing up your bedroom this Spring?
If so, let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.With love from Lou Signature

Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest

*Post contains a paid link

1. 11/04/2017 / 4:24 pm

I would love a bedroom makeover or just a new bed to be honest, but the bathroom needs to be done first x

2. Reesa Lewandowski
    11/04/2017 / 6:29 pm

I need to change over my bedroom to spring. Right now, I have my warm comforter and sheets on and last night I realized it was time to switch!

3. 11/04/2017 / 7:09 pm

I am so glad I read this blog post because I had no idea there is a new kind of wallpaper and it sounds perfect for military families like mine who often move and often rent because of all the moving! Thank you so much!

4. Dawn Nieves
    12/04/2017 / 12:02 am

Ahhhh! These are great tips! I’ve been dying to give my master bedroom a makeover and I just love these tips

5. Rebecca Bryant
    12/04/2017 / 1:01 am

I am in love with the wall art. I have always dreamed of going to Paris. These are great tips and the candles are pretty.

6. Stephanie Jeannot
    12/04/2017 / 2:05 am

I love both the flowers and candles idea. Yes a feature wall with my favorite photos. That would be really nice.

7. 12/04/2017 / 2:09 am

I’m thinking about how to spruce up my room so this post is right on time. I could easily get a wall mural & that simple change would be fine. Thanks for the idea.

• 15/04/2017 / 3:28 pm

You’re very welcome Pamela. You’ll have to let me know if you use any of them when you spruce up your room 🙂
      Louise recently posted…Awesome New Gym GearMy Profile

8. Claudia Krusch
    12/04/2017 / 2:22 am

A feature wall is a great idea. I am looking for a new bed spread and curtains to change up the look.

9. 12/04/2017 / 2:33 am

Cutteeee! I definitely need a room makeover! I love the bedspread too!

• 15/04/2017 / 3:29 pm

It’s gorgeous isn’t it, Jenn? I have loads of bedding but I really want to treat myself to this set too 🙂
      Louise recently posted…5 Hidden Gems in DerbyshireMy Profile

10. 12/04/2017 / 2:47 am

That feature wall screams summer. It’s so fun!

11. 12/04/2017 / 6:55 am

Right now I could really do with sprucing up my entire home, it’s basically a tip as I try to spring clean it over a few days time. Loving your ideas
    Anosa recently posted…5 Ideas to Fund your next Getaway My Profile

12. 12/04/2017 / 12:37 pm

I never thought about bringing in things from other rooms. What a good idea. Also, I will check out Pixars about the wall decals.

13. Lynne
    12/04/2017 / 3:01 pm

Some great ideas here. We are in the process of trying to do up our bedroom so this has come at exactly the right time 🙂 x

14. 12/04/2017 / 7:01 pm

This is a great post and some brilliant tips. You right when the weather changes, it’s always nice to bring spring into the home. These are nice ideas to spruce up a room. I too am currently working on a bedside table and sprucing the room up with some nice bedding.

15. 12/04/2017 / 7:03 pm

This is a great post and some brilliant tips. You’re right when the weather changes, it’s always nice to bring spring into the home. These are nice ideas to spruce up a room. I too am currently working on a bedside table and sprucing the room up with some nice bedding.
    Afshan Nasim recently posted…Beauty WishlistMy Profile

16. 12/04/2017 / 9:19 pm

We are long overdue to spruce up our bedroom and it’s actually the perfect time because we’re going to be moving somewhat soon! I’m definitely bookmarking your post for inspo 😉

17. 12/04/2017 / 10:22 pm

My bedroom could definitely use an upgrade. It really doesn’t have a lot of pretty and nice things in it. Our room is a basic tan.

18. 12/04/2017 / 11:39 pm

We are painting our bedroom, new curtains, nightstands and lamps by the bedside. 🙂
    It’s that time of year for projects! Thanks for your ideas too I may get some new wall hangings now!
    Joely Smith recently posted…Wordless Wednesday Family Photo BoardMy Profile

19. Pam
    13/04/2017 / 2:12 am

Putting or changing the art on the walls is such a simple thing but it makes such a big difference. Also I love the idea of a feature wall.

20. 13/04/2017 / 5:02 am

Light colors! Definitely! I generally don’t like floral prints, but that first floral print on the bedding looks so pretty! I really like that!

• 18/04/2017 / 12:55 am

It’s gorgeous, isn’t it? Pixers have so many nice designs I’m thinking about upgrading a few of the walls in our house at the mo! 🙂
      Louise recently posted…Non-Chocolate Easter Gifts for GirlsMy Profile

21. Rebecca Swenor
    13/04/2017 / 2:47 pm

These are all great tips for sprucing up your bedroom for spring. Candles are a great way to bring spring into your home in any room. The fresh flowers and the floral bedspread is a great way to wake up too. Thanks for sharing the tips.

22. 13/04/2017 / 3:54 pm

I would have never thought about putting together a feature wall. That sounds like such a good idea though. It would brighten the room in a different way. And the art reminds me I have some picture hanging that I need to do.

23. 13/04/2017 / 6:15 pm

I love the cherry blossom scented candles from Yankee Candle. They smell like spring! These are great tips and lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing!

24. 13/04/2017 / 8:44 pm

I love that feature wall. The earthy tropical greenery just put me in a happy place great idea for my future blogger room.

25. 13/04/2017 / 11:00 pm

I love the art work and that feature wall is so bright and pretty.

26. 13/04/2017 / 11:48 pm

I need to do a focal wall in my room. I think it would make ot less boring!

27. 14/04/2017 / 1:59 am

I need to brighten up my bedroom. I am going to repaint my bedroom furniture a lighter color.

28. 14/04/2017 / 4:32 am

I just love all of these style ideas. Right now I am trying to figure out what kind of accent wall I want to do in my bedroom. I would love to try some funky wallpaper!

29. 14/04/2017 / 7:17 am

My biggest spruce up will be buying a new bed. And probably hanging up some wall art.

30. 14/04/2017 / 3:29 pm

I really liked your tips. Do you plan to do some tips on refreshing kitchen of bathroom too?

Ann // Kitchen Supplier Aberdeen

31. 14/04/2017 / 3:31 pm

I really liked your tips. Do you plan to write something about refreshing bathroom or kitchen too? 🙂

Ann // Kitchen Supplier Aberdeen

32. 14/04/2017 / 4:00 pm

We just repainted our bedroom and added flooring and it really gave it a whole fresh new look.

33. 14/04/2017 / 6:19 pm

Some really good advice Louise, we have got as far as painting the hallway and its ceiling and no further oops!

34. 14/04/2017 / 10:17 pm

Our bedroom is one we haven’t touched since we bought our home. It really needs some paint, but these lovely ideas will make it feel fresh in the meantime.

35. 14/04/2017 / 11:22 pm

Our room is in desperate need of a makeover. A feature wall would really give it life, our walls are bare 8 years later.

36. 14/04/2017 / 11:28 pm

I am loving these ideas! I like the idea of a good feature wall in a room, it can add a great pop of color.

37. Cat
    15/04/2017 / 1:11 am

I am kind of obsessed with that feature wall! And that print?! STUNNING!

38. 15/04/2017 / 5:28 am

These are great ideas to make the bedroom look more inviting, and almost renovated. We have a few pictures, but no graphic prints like the one you are showing – I have seen these before, and am always interested in products like this – I have to figure out what I want to write and order one, I think

39. 16/04/2017 / 8:34 pm

I’m a huge fan of feature walls, we have a forest mural wallpaper in our living room and it makes it so cosy! We have just painted one of the wall in our bedroom and added a curtain, but I still think it’s missing something. I’m going to look at getting a Orchid after reading this post though. I never even thought of adding flowers for some reason!

40. 16/04/2017 / 10:07 pm

We have bathroom and kitchen projects on the go at the moment. We want more light so going for pale colours with white accessories. #SundayBest

41. CourtneyLynne
    17/04/2017 / 4:03 am

Oooo so many fabulous tips!!! It’s crazy how just changing your bedding can totally transform your room! I did that a few months ago and omg…. my room looks like a brand new room

42. 17/04/2017 / 11:48 am

Fab tips, I desperately need to do mine!

43. 17/04/2017 / 6:10 pm

Great tips! I would love to give my bedroom something fresh and new. I get bored so quickly!

44. Gabriel
    17/04/2017 / 9:37 pm

We’replanning to redo the ceiling in our room, an accent wall would go great with that!

45. 19/04/2017 / 9:22 pm

I love all these tips, and a lot can be used to spruce up any room in the house. I totally agree about the bedding, there is nothing nicer than climbing into clean, fresh bedding on a night.

46. 19/04/2017 / 9:44 pm

We’re doing a bit reno this summer and I CAN’T WAIT to give my bedroom a good spruce up – I’m thinking soft grey walls, crisp white bedding and some rich, green ferns. x

47. 19/04/2017 / 9:45 pm

We’re doing a big reno this summer and I CAN’T WAIT to give my bedroom a good spruce up – I’m thinking soft grey walls, crisp white bedding and some rich, green ferns. x

48. 24/04/2017 / 12:07 pm

You are right, there’s something about Spring and lighter days that make me want to spruce up my house a little. My bedroom is tired, and needs to revamping. I also love feature walls but had never heard of Pixers – definitely my kind of thing and perfect for my bedroom!
    Tracy Morgan recently posted…Chocolate Granola and Soft Toffee SlabMy Profile

49. 25/04/2017 / 8:07 pm

I always find flowers are a great way to add a bit of colour and make it feel like spring. I love daffodils and tulips at this time of the year

50. 29/04/2017 / 11:49 pm

These are great tips Lou, I could really do with sprucing up our bedroom a bit I think – I’m getting bored of it now!
    Thanks for joining us at #SundayBest, hope to see you again tomorrow! x

51. 20/06/2017 / 1:35 am

This post has me inspired to redecorate this summer! Do you have any more posts about accent walls or painting? Thanks!