5 Great Reasons To Go On A Cruise

According to a 2016 report by Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), cruising has grown by 22% over land-based holidays. But why? Personally, I think it’s because travellers are looking for a holiday that provides a little something more. Whether that’s more fun, more entertainment, more amazing food or more than one destination to explore during their holiday, they’ll be sure to find all that and more when they choose to go on a cruise!

Travellers who haven’t yet tried a cruise usually say they haven’t ever booked to go on one as they’re worried they’ll get seasick or feel claustrophobic. But at the same time, compelling commercials they’ve seen on TV of families sliding down onboard waterslides or gazing out to sea from their private balcony make booking a cruise seem tempting.

If you’re among those who are considering your first cruise but haven’t yet taken the leap, you’ll definitely want to sit back, relax, and read today’s post, as I’m sharing 5 great reasons to go on a cruise with you. So, are you ready? Then let’s go!

5 Great Reasons To Go On A Cruise

01. A Cruise Holiday Offers Great Value For Money

Cruise holiday’s offer great value for money because the fares include nearly everything you’ll need to have an amazing trip. From food and accommodation to entertainment and transportation – everything is all in. You can regularly find fares on sites such as the Bolsover Club that are much cheaper than paying for a hotel room, dinner and a show on land.

Got kids? On some cruise liners, kids sail for free or at a discounted rate when sharing a cabin with two adults. And if you’re looking to live the life of luxury while you’re away I highly recommend opting for a liner with alcohol and soft drinks, gratuities, shore tours, onboard spending credits, and flights all bundled into the fare. I guarantee you won’t regret it!

5 Great Reasons To Go On A Cruise

02. Cruise Holidays Are Easy To Plan

As cruise holidays package together both accommodation and transportation, they’re super easy to plan. Just pick your ship, itinerary and cabin, and away you go! There’s no need to search for hotels in your price range, no stress from having to coordinate travel between cities, and you can even get your travel agent to arrange your airfare for you.

Travelling as part of a group? No worries! Group travel is also simple to book. Cruise lines have plans in place for group travel, which eliminates the hassle of coordinating your 20 family members and friends from around the country who want to holiday with you. Plus, if you book enough cabins, you might find yourself getting a few extra perks, such as a free fare!

5 Great Reasons To Go On A Cruise

03. You Can Visit Multiple Destinations But Only Need To Unpack Once

Let’s face it, a cruise ship is basically a floating hotel, taking you from place to place without you having to worry about bus, train, ferry or plane schedules, or dragging your suitcase along cobbled streets. So once you’re on board and have unpacked, that’s it, you won’t have to do it again, no matter how many places you visit!

Every morning, you’ll wake up in a new place you can explore. But can’t decide between St. Lucia or Barbados, or Portugal or Spain? Why choose? Pick an itinerary that visits all the places on your travel bucket list.

5 Great Reasons To Go On A Cruise

04. Cruise Ships Are Family Friendly

From tots to teens, parents and grandparents, cruises are great fun for the whole family. If, like me, you struggle to find a holiday that both your 5-year-old and 15-year-old will enjoy, and has adult activities too then it’s definitely time to consider a cruise.

These days, ships usually have brilliant kids’ facilities, split by age. Teens have their own cool hangouts, far away from the play areas for the little ones. What’s not to love about a trip that features swimming pools and video games, while at the same time offers time for families to be together at dinner or on excursions on land? Parents can also sneak in a romantic dinner alone, by taking advantage of late-night hours in the kids’ club. Bliss!

5 Great Reasons To Go On A Cruise

05. Cruise Ships Offer A Variety Of Onboard Activities

Today’s cruise ships are designed to keep everyone happy. So whether you want to pamper yourself at the spa while your other half tries his luck in the casino, or soak up the sun while the kids splash around in the pool, you can! You’ll find loads to do on board your ships such as wine tasting, dance classes, pottery painting, movie theatre’s, dining areas, swimming pools, and much, much more. There really is something for everyone.

And if all you want to do is nothing while the ship sails from port to port then you can do that, too. There’s nobody going to stop you. See, I told you cruising was amazing, didn’t I?!

5 Great Reasons To Go On A CruiseAnd there you have it – 5 great reasons to choose a cruise for your next holiday.
Have you ever been on a cruise before? Let me know in the comments below!

1. 10/09/2018 / 3:50 pm

I really want to go on a cruise but it is something I’ve not managed to get around to booking, I have to say though I’m not sure what my other half would think of the idea, I am going to have to slip it into a conversation somehow.

2. 10/09/2018 / 7:17 pm

My parents loved the cruise they went on and they’ve been trying to convince me to go on one too!

3. 10/09/2018 / 7:25 pm

These are great reasons and is making the idea of a cruise sooo tempting! One day I would love to do one round the Northern lights area!

4. 10/09/2018 / 8:48 pm

More and more people I know are going on cruises at the moment. I really just give one a go!

5. 10/09/2018 / 9:52 pm

I really want to go on a cruise to the fjords in Norway or Alaska. They sound like all the stress is taken away with all your food and excursions planned out.

6. 11/09/2018 / 9:28 am

I have been wanting to go on a cruise holiday for the longest time but affordability has always been an issue but now that I can afford it I am still trying to convince my parents to come with me
    Anosa recently posted…{Monthly Series} September 2018 GoalsMy Profile

7. 11/09/2018 / 11:28 am

Great reasons and after going onboard a ship for a tour this year we are sold. Just need to save up the money!

8. 11/09/2018 / 11:51 am

We fell in love with cruising a couple of years ago and cannot wait for the next one

9. robin rue
    11/09/2018 / 12:19 pm

I have only ever been on one cruise and I loved it. It was about 15 years ago, so I am definitley overdue.

10. 11/09/2018 / 12:43 pm

I have never actually been on a cruise yet. I would love to start with something small, for just a few days, to see how I can adapt to the big ship. I do suffer from motion sickness and have issues on small ferries.

11. 11/09/2018 / 1:21 pm

I would LOVE to go on a cruise one day for the reasons you listed! My husband gets sea sick though, but I think he’d be okay on a large ship. One day we’ll have to try it out.

12. 11/09/2018 / 2:05 pm

You don’t need to give me ANY reasons to go on a cruise. I WILL GO. I love them so much. I have actually only been on one before in my life but omg it was seriously life changing and it’s the only way I wanna travel now!

13. candy
    11/09/2018 / 2:21 pm

Honestly I don’t need any reason to go on a cruise except I want to go on a cruise. So much fun and tons of things to enjoy. Some of our relatives are going on their first cruise this fall.

14. Tasheena
    11/09/2018 / 2:28 pm

I’ve never been on a cruise before. These are all wonderful reasons to book a trip. I always hear so many wonderful things cruises.

15. 11/09/2018 / 3:02 pm

You do not need to convince me to go on a cruise. I will go all day every day if I could. I love cruising. Everything you mentioned here are great reasons why you should take a cruise.

16. 11/09/2018 / 3:53 pm

I would love to take my kids on a cruise. I think it would be a lot of fun, and it makes traveling easier when you take a cruise!

17. Janet
    11/09/2018 / 4:12 pm

Living in Miami it’s so convenient to go on a cruise because they sail out of here. My favorite thing is only packing and unpacking once.

18. Chanel
    11/09/2018 / 4:24 pm

I’ll be honest, the thought of going on a cruise before has never appealed to me, but you have changed my mind! We are starting to plan for Spring Break next year so I will be looking into a cruise tonight with my husband!

19. Hannah
    11/09/2018 / 6:53 pm

I’d like to go on a cruise. You can visit many places on one trip

20. 11/09/2018 / 8:00 pm

I tend to shy away from cruises but with the family I’m reconsidering. I’ve heard great things about Disney and the kids clubs on board. Glad you’ve had good experiences as well.

21. 11/09/2018 / 10:47 pm

I have never been on a cruise but I know many people who go on them often. I would love to try a cruise one day!

22. 11/09/2018 / 11:02 pm

I haven’t been on a cruise for such a long time but could really use some relaxation. Cruises do offer such great benefits for relaxing, exploring new destinations, and experiencing fun new activities.

23. 12/09/2018 / 1:16 am

You are so right! Cruising can be such an easy way to travel. Now there’s so many different types of food you can enjoy on most trips it makes it really to try it all.

24. 12/09/2018 / 1:58 am

I really want to take my family on a cruise. I think my favorite part is that I do not need to plan activities! Everything is on board and there are tons of things to do!
    sara lafountain recently posted…Pet care made easier with Chewy.comMy Profile

25. Pam
    12/09/2018 / 2:08 am

We have been considering going on a cruise for a while now. It really sounds like a great way to vacation.

26. 12/09/2018 / 3:43 am

I love cruises. It has been YEARS since I have been on one. It is time to go again, you have convinced me. Now to convince my husband!

27. 12/09/2018 / 4:58 am

I have never been into a cruise but its on my bucket list. I will definitely love to finally tick it off on my list. Reading this makes me wanna experience it already.

28. 12/09/2018 / 10:44 am

These are some great reasons – I do love a cruise, it is a fantastic holiday option.

29. 12/09/2018 / 2:25 pm

I have been on a couple of cruises in my 31.5 years – one was from Miami to the Bahamas and back, and the other was a river boat cruise up and down the Nile. I much preferred the latter of the two – the Bahamas cruise was just a bit to pretentious for my liking x

30. 12/09/2018 / 2:43 pm

Cruises are such rejuvenating experiences. It is the best of both worlds traveling as well as leisure. Have been on short cruises, but hope to go on a long and luxurious cruise someday.

31. 13/09/2018 / 2:09 pm

Oh gosh I have always wanted to go on a cruise and this just makes me want to go even more! Googling cruises now…LOL!