How To Pamper Your Car This Christmas

Just like all the most important things in life, our car deserves a little TLC from time to time. The reliable vehicles that take us safely from A to B on a day to day basis can always benefit from a little pampering, so here are my top tips on how to look after it and keep it clean so it can continue to be your reliable set of wheels for as long as possible. I hope you enjoy having a read.

Young guy hoovering the passenger side of his car

Clear Out The Clutter

The more we use our cars, the more rubbish they seem to acquire. So, first things first, let’s get the inside of the car de-cluttered and looking organised, fresh and clean. But I’m not just talking about throwing out those old McDonald’s wrappers. Oh, no! I’m talking about really getting under the seats and getting stuck into all the nooks and crannies that typically get neglected.

The space underneath the kids car seats tends to be the worst area of our car. With discarded Kinder Surprise toys, bits of chewed up biscuit and all sorts of ambiguous items glued to the upholstery, this area usually warrants a little more time than the rest. But it’s not necessarily just litter that’s cluttering up your car. There might also be a mouldy gym kit that’s been festering since mid-January when you gave up on your New Year’s Resolution. Or a broken pushchair or spare car seat taking up room in the boot because you have nowhere else to store it. My advice would be to get rid of them. Cars use way more fuel when they’re weighed down, so getting rid of the heavy stuff means you could cut down the cost of your petrol!

Clean The Inside

Once you’ve cleared out the clutter, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and give your car’s interior a proper clean. The first thing I usually do is dust down all the flat surfaces with a microfibre duster, and then use the vacuum cleaner to give the seats and carpets a good vac. If you don’t have one already, I highly recommend investing in a cordless vacuum cleaner, as you don’t need to worry about the cable reaching from the house to the car. And they usually come with loads of different attachments too, which makes the job a lot easier.

Once the car is nice and clean and tidy, I then hang an air freshener from the rear-view mirror to ensure it stays smelling fresh for a good few weeks. My favourites at the moment are the Yankee Candle Car Jar’s, and we currently have the gorgeous Christmas Cookie scent hanging in our car. It’s delish!

Woman washing a red car

Give It A Wash

I think it’s safe to say we all probably spend way more time indoors than outdoors at this time of year. So what better way to ensure you’re getting some fresh air than by heading out to give your car a good wash?! Not only will you be able to see whether there’s any damage lurking beneath the grime, but you’ll also remove a layer or two of dirt. At this time of year that will include salt from the roads which is corrosive to your car’s bodywork. It’s much better to get this removed sooner rather than later so as to avoid serious problems further down the line.

Wax It

You’ve given it a good wash, now why not go a step further and wax it too? Waxing will help restore your car’s paintwork to its former glory. But it won’t just help to keep your car looking fab, it will also protect it from the kind of corrosive’s you’ve just washed off. Think of it as an added layer of protection for your car!

Car being serviced

Check Your Tyres

If you decide to do just one piece of maintenance on your car this Christmas, check your tyres. Having the correct air pressure in them will ensure they perform to their maximum potential when the roads could be at their slippiest. You could even go one step further and treat your car to brand new tyres this Christmas. It’s the easiest way to ensure your vehicle is safe and roadworthy. Book online or visit Iverson Tyre’s London Branch for more information.

Book It In For A Service

And last, but certainly not least, I genuinely believe that a serviced car is a happy car. Keeping a car regularly serviced ensures that it runs as reliably and efficiently as it possibly can. It also gives garages the chance to perform software updates where necessary and, in many cases, catch any little niggles that might turn into much bigger, more expensive problems if left untreated.How To Pamper Your Car This ChristmasAnd there you have it, my top tips for giving your car a good old pamper session this Christmas. Whether you’re driving down to London to visit family or are staying a little closer to home over the festive season, they’ll ensure your car is well looked after and ready to tackle whatever weather may come our way.

Do you have any other tips for pampering your car this Christmas?
If so, let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you guys.

Thanks for reading.

1. 04/12/2018 / 2:42 pm

I am the worst when it comes to my car. I do get to it eventually, but reading this has literally made me want to go clean mine now hehe

2. 04/12/2018 / 2:44 pm

I am the worst when it comes to my car. I get around to it eventually. Reading this has made me want to go clean my car hehe.

3. 04/12/2018 / 4:43 pm

Ooh great tips! My car is in desperate need of a pamper this christnas! The interior has really taken a beating by the kids!

4. 04/12/2018 / 4:49 pm

I love this post. My car could really use a good clean, a good pampering. What a great idea. I think I’ll have the kids help me with mine and my husband’s truck as his Christmas gift.

5. 04/12/2018 / 8:37 pm

Haha love this. there are some really good tips here. Especially the one about checking the tyres xx

6. 05/12/2018 / 6:13 am

I need to take my car for a wash as I haven’t had it done in a while and it is starting to look a bit dirty x

7. 05/12/2018 / 2:03 pm

I definitely need to give our car a pamper, it is looking a bit worse for wear at the moment!

8. 05/12/2018 / 2:57 pm

I dread to think what it’s like under my kids seats haha – you have reminded me that the car desperately needs some love!

9. 05/12/2018 / 3:34 pm

Some great tips here! I actually have to take mine for an oil change soon.

10. 06/12/2018 / 1:00 am

My car is in major need of pampering! I went on a cross-country road trip a few months ago and there are still bugs stuck to the front from then haha

11. Alexandra
    06/12/2018 / 1:04 am

I have been neglecting my poor car for such a long time – it is shocking! I need to definitely give it some love, and these are some great tips 🙂 Thanks so much!

12. 06/12/2018 / 1:16 am

Amazing tips!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I’ve never waxed my car but will try to do it over the weekend, it shouldn’t be too difficult.

Chad

13. 06/12/2018 / 2:36 pm

We’ve got a long trip to do this winter and we’ve been getting the car ready for it. It’s now ready for it’s big clean!

14. 06/12/2018 / 3:08 pm

I’ve bought my very first car (brand new!) this year; so it doesn’t need much pampering just yet. No one’s allowed to mess it up as it’s still got that ‘new car’ thing going 🙂 Still, these are great tips and tricks – maybe I will pamper my new car after all….
    Elizabeth recently posted…Roast Boneless Shoulder of Lamb with Pistachio & Orange StuffingMy Profile

15. 06/12/2018 / 5:10 pm

With three small children, my car constantly needs cleaning! Great tips!

16. Jessica
    06/12/2018 / 5:29 pm

Yes!! I’m so bad about neglecting my car – I definitely need to pamper it this Christmas. It’s a hot mess.

17. 06/12/2018 / 7:16 pm

I treat my car to a proper clean at least once a month

18. 06/12/2018 / 7:47 pm

Some brilliant ideas. My car definitely needs a sprucing up so I’ll be doing some of these.

19. 06/12/2018 / 8:41 pm

I think my kids need to read this post and gift me a clean car for the holidays. They have my car a complete mess on the inside!

20. Shar
    06/12/2018 / 9:10 pm

Ahh I totally need to do this to my car. My kiddos can be quite messy and with with gunk that comes in from dirty shoes in winter it needs it badly!

21. 07/12/2018 / 1:43 am

It is so important to pamper your car every season. Cars need certain things to keep them in tip top shape each season!
    sara lafountain recently posted…Gifts for FoodiesMy Profile

22. 07/12/2018 / 2:37 am

Great idea! I think we often neglect this due to the cold weather but the car gets a lot of wear and tear over the holiday season and it’s important to keep it in polished and running smoothly.

23. 07/12/2018 / 8:22 am

I love giving my car a good tidy and clean! It’s much easier to stay relaxed and in control when the car isn’t a mess

24. Amy Smith
    07/12/2018 / 4:05 pm

I need to do one of those under the seat type of cleans to my van! Having 3 kids of my own and a foster child…. our vehicles always seem to be the first to get dirty!

25. 07/12/2018 / 4:46 pm

Its amazing how much better I feel when I get rid of all the clutter in my car. We are planning on organising a Car Pamper session with our WI early next year.

26. 12/12/2018 / 10:35 am

I bought my husband a cordless hoover last year, so that he could clean his car. It’s nice to have a clean car, but always a challenge with two children too 🙂

27. 12/12/2018 / 1:27 pm

I so need to do this! this time fo year the car just gets so messy.