Family Holiday Destinations I’d Love To Visit

If there’s one thing I’m in need of right now, it’s a holiday! I feel like the last year of my life has gone by in the blink of an eye, and I’d love to take a bit of time out to enjoy some quality time with my little family. But where would we go? There are so many exotic-looking places I have my eye on at the moment I just can’t decide!

So, for today’s post, I thought I’d share my bucket list of family holiday destinations I’d love to visit in the hope that some of you guys who read my blog might have been to one or more of them and can tell me what you thought of them. Are you ready to find out which places I’d like to visit? Then let’s get going!

Benidorm

01. BENIDORM

It’s no secret that we Brits love Benidorm holidays. And with so much to do, it’s no surprise! Whether it’s playing golf, paintballing, water sports or hiking, you could have an action-packed week or two in the sun, or enjoy a lazy little break doing next to nothing. I loved visiting Benidorm as a kid, and when my two read my post on the top things to do there, they decided that they wanted to go too. The resort, situated on the Costa Blanca, has an almost-iconic skyline of apartment towers running alongside four miles of beautiful, sandy beaches. It’s safe to say that Benidorm is the place to go if you fancy some winter sun.

The Algarve

02. THE ALGARVE

The Algarve is a popular holiday destination in the southernmost region of Portugal. Many things about it attract tourists to the area, including its beautiful beaches, Mediterranean climate, low costs and delicious local cuisine. Whenever I see photo’s of the Algarve, I’m always blown away by the stunning coastline, caves, and mountains, and I think it would be the perfect place to take the family for a relaxing break. The area also boasts 3 water parks, which I’m sure the kids would love to visit. It looks amazing!

Crete

03. CRETE

And last but not least of my bucket list of family holiday destinations I’d love to visit is Crete. I’ve seen lots of YouTube videos of families holidaying there recently, and it looks absolutely incredible! Crete is the largest of the Greek Islands, with lots of things for families to do there. I think Oscar would love to take a Pirate Ship Cruise. And Stacey would be in her element exploring nearby Chrissi Island. As the kids have never been out of the country before, I think Crete would be the perfect destination to take them to for their first ever trip abroad. I’d even rent a car from Rental Center Crete – rental-center-crete.com – so we could go out and explore every last bit of the island. It would be fab!Family Holiday Destinations I'd Love To VisitAnd there you have it, 3 family holiday destinations I’d love to visit with the kids. Have you ever been to any of them? If so, I’d love to hear what you thought of them. It will help me choose which destination to book when payday finally rolls around!

What family holiday destinations do you have on your travel bucket list?
Be sure to let me know in the comments below.

This post is sponsored by Holiday Gems. All views are my own.

1. 18/09/2018 / 1:01 pm

I’d be down for either destination! That crystal clear blue green water is calling my name!

2. 18/09/2018 / 1:22 pm

All of these places look fabulous. I could relax at any of them. In a few years our family might be able to travel more. Mostly we just stick to places in the States since it’s easier and cheaper for us.

3. candy
    18/09/2018 / 1:50 pm

Both of these places look really great for going on a family vacation. All that fun water and the beach. Who wouldn’t love to see and visit any of these places.

4. 18/09/2018 / 3:11 pm

Oh my gosh where can I sign up! I would love to do all of these trips. I love to travel and I love to explore in if I can find someplace like this I am pretty sure I would be in heaven.

5. 18/09/2018 / 3:56 pm

I think it would be nice to visit Crete. My daughter has mentioned she wants to visit Greece when she is older. The pirate cruise ship sounds pretty cool, I would love that!

6. Melanie
    18/09/2018 / 5:37 pm

I have never been to any of these. I would definitely like to visit them one day soon, though. I will wait for them to get a little bit older!

7. 18/09/2018 / 6:06 pm

I went to Crete – SO WORTH IT and the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! <3

8. Fatima
    18/09/2018 / 8:21 pm

That’s a fantastic selection of places for family travel! I’d love to visit Crete with my little one.

Fatima | http://www.blogsbyfa.com

9. Pam
    18/09/2018 / 9:09 pm

Crete is on my bucket list too! I want to go there so badly. It seems so beautiful.

10. 18/09/2018 / 9:19 pm

Of all the places you listed I have only heard of Crete! I need to check out the other two places ASAP!! Thanks for the heads up!!

11. 18/09/2018 / 10:30 pm

I am lucky enough to live in the Algarve so I’ll always recommend it for a family holiday. Great weather, cheap food and amazing beaches. What’s not to like?

12. 18/09/2018 / 10:36 pm

The Algarve is still on my bucket list, too!
    My extended family loves travelling together (20 of us) and the last trip I did with them was Hong Kong which was fun. They’ve recently been to South Korea which looked great, too!

13. 18/09/2018 / 11:06 pm

Wow, yep, I’d also like to visit all of these beautiful places! We are actually trying to plan something now.

14. 18/09/2018 / 11:28 pm

These all sound like such lovely places to go and visit! I would have loved to have seen more of the world! Perhaps one day I’ll manage to!

15. 18/09/2018 / 11:58 pm

Love the sound of Crete and the Algarve. I bet there would be a lot of beautiful scenery x

16. 19/09/2018 / 12:14 am

Ohhh, this is a good list. I’ve never heard of Benidorm, but it sounds lovely. We love tropical places and these sound so lovely.

17. 19/09/2018 / 1:48 am

You have hit 4 of my places and added 1 I didn’t know about. The one in Algarve is now on my list. How beautiful! I can’t wait to share this one with my husband.

18. 19/09/2018 / 2:51 am

So many gorgeous places to visit. I would love to visit all of them. Portugal has been on my list for a while.

19. 19/09/2018 / 4:45 am

Such gorgeous places! I’d choose any of them! Just these photos are enough to make me want to go.

20. 19/09/2018 / 6:11 am

Oh wow! Can I visit all of this? Ohh, I badly need a vacation this time. Hopefully I could travel and see this gorgeous places.

21. 19/09/2018 / 7:02 am

Crete is definitely a good pick x My bucket list takes us a bit further afield; the Seychelles, an African safari, Australia (hopefully next year, with extended stopover in Hong Kong); and a cruise as we’ve not done one for a while x

22. 19/09/2018 / 12:59 pm

I’ve not been to any of these places but my grandparents used to go to the Algarve a lot when we were younger and seemed to have a great time.

23. 19/09/2018 / 5:07 pm

We fell in love with Portugal this year and would love to visit the Algarve

24. 19/09/2018 / 5:40 pm

Oh me too! We love the algarve, havent been for a good few years now but will definitely go back!

25. 20/09/2018 / 8:47 am

There are just so many amazing places to go see nowadays. It can be very hard to pick just one place!

26. 20/09/2018 / 11:55 am

Oh I would love to visite Crete too! The place is just awesome. I hope to bring my whole fam.

27. 20/09/2018 / 5:26 pm

My bucket list of places to visit with the family is steadily growing! I haven’t been to any of the three destinations you’ve mentioned but I think Crete sounds wonderful!

28. 20/09/2018 / 8:58 pm

The Algarve looks beautiful! Looks really unique. I love this list 🙂 x

29. 21/09/2018 / 12:09 pm

I’d be happy to go to either of these too but Crete would be top of my list I think – look at the colour of that water!

30. 22/09/2018 / 6:13 pm

Some great choices, the Algarve is one of our favourite places to visit, we love it there.

31. Rachel
    23/09/2018 / 4:37 pm

Some lovely destinations here, I absolutely love the algarve. Such a lovely spot for a family holiday! xo