5 Tips to Buying Stylish and Trendy Clothes

When you don’t know where to begin, it may be hard to keep up with fashion trends especially when the price tags don’t match your bank account. You will be surprised by how easy it is to look trendy and fashionable. Here are a few tips to help you …

5 Tips to Buying Stylish and Trendy Clothes

Sell or trade

Selling or trading clothes that you no longer need or wear can be a great way to get more stylish and trendy clothes. Check what you don’t wear anymore especially the outdated clothes and those clothes you have grown out of. Ask any of your family or friends who is interested and swap with them. Maybe it’s a pair of trendy shoes your sister or best friend don’t wear anymore. Ask them to set aside what they don’t need any more and buy or trade whatever you like.

Review your closet

Before going out to your favorite store to add on to your closet, review it first and get rid of what you already have. Get rid of what you don’t need first, then look at what you have. You may have a nice fancy top that may match well with the stylish pair of pants you saw online. Try to create different fusions with what you have and add on to what you don’t have.

5 Tips to Buying Stylish and Trendy Clothes

Do less online shopping

Online shopping may be easy for anybody who is always busy and doesn’t have time to go out for shopping. It will be also a great option for you if you already know your size because some times what gets delivered on your doorstep is not exactly what you anticipated for. This can also be costly and time consuming because you have to pay for the items to be returned before they are shipped to you again. So, shop less online unless you are shopping for accessories. Shop sparingly online as you try to compare both online and offline shopping.

Thrifting

Thrifting is a great way to buy stylish and trendy clothes on a small budget. In fact, clothes you buy in thrift store are high quality besides being affordable. What’s more, thrifting can be done both online and offline. You can browse through online thrift store and get exactly what you want, at a price several times cheaper than any big clothing store you know. Even more, with the use of social media, you will find a lot of thrift store pages where trendy fashion is bottomless.

5 Tips to Buying Stylish and Trendy Clothes

Know your style

It is important to know the kind of fashion style which suits you. For instance, if you like gothic, then you need to know where to and where not to shop. Shopping in general stores for gothic fashion may be expensive and you may not find everything you want there. Instead, shop in stores that are purely gothic, for example, The Black Ravens which is an exclusive gothic store. You will find more stylish clothes in these stores and you will be able to keep up with any current trends.

5 Tips to Buying Stylish and Trendy Clothes

Do you have any other tips for buying stylish and trendy clothes?
If so, let me know in the comments below.

1. 11/08/2018 / 1:37 am

Oh, I love all of your tips! I am currently finishing up with my closet decluttering and getting rid of so many clothes, shoes, and bags that have just been sitting there gathering dust! I want to definitely minimize and be more selective.

2. 11/08/2018 / 3:06 pm

You look fantastic and looking so stylish, really like your style. you could be a creative director for a fashion magazine.

3. 11/08/2018 / 10:58 pm

I have recently found a love with thrift shopping and I get some of my best things from there. There are so many cool style s and things you would not find in regular stores for dirt cheap. I do shop on line every now and then but not as much as I do in brick and mortar stores.

4. 12/08/2018 / 2:40 pm

Great tips you have there to buy awesome and trending clothing.
    Clothing is not my thing 🙂 but in the other hand i am a guy ehehe.

But love your tips, really amazing.

5. 12/08/2018 / 11:55 pm

Thanks for the tips! I see fashion as a form of self-expression and anything you wear is an extension of yourself. I find condfidence is key! If you are not confident in what you wear it won’t look a great no matter how trendy it is.

6. Ruth I.
    13/08/2018 / 3:48 am

Thanks for these tips. I used to sell my preloved items usually before buying new ones. I also love to scroll through blog posts to know the latest trends and on the sale items.

7. 13/08/2018 / 3:53 am

I actually love online shopping. I only shop retailers that have free return shipping. I just don’t like spending hours in a day at a mall, looking through a bunch of clothes. I personally like being in my pj’s on the couch instead.

May from http://www.lavieenmay.com
    lavieenmay recently posted…OOTD: Lace Short ShortsMy Profile

8. prabashi
    13/08/2018 / 4:08 am

I practice this all the time and i must say i get pretty fair deals where my friends think my clothes are super expensive

9. Chuck
    13/08/2018 / 2:13 pm

Those are really great tips!! Agree with reviewing our closet, getting rid of clothes that we don’t use much anymore. – Chuck

10. 13/08/2018 / 6:11 pm

I love this article. As a frugal shopper I love thrifting, clearance shopping, and everything else that saves me money. One tip I have is trading also. There is a site called Listia that allows you to bid on products using credits, instead of money. Basically, you trade rather than purchase. You can find the site using this link – https://www.listia.com/r2aleb3/BFHCBJ

11. 14/08/2018 / 1:41 am

These are great ideas. I’m totally on board with the whole weed-out-what-you-don’t-need-from-your-closet concept.

12. Waren Jean Go
    14/08/2018 / 2:13 pm

Thrifting is my favourite because you get to buy quality clothes for lesser price. I just choose the ones that are not really worn out. These are great tips!

13. 14/08/2018 / 11:35 pm

Thanks for the tips! When clothes shopping,I tend to shop for clothes that are classic rather than trendy.

14. 15/08/2018 / 10:22 pm

I love to go out and shop till I drop. But, recently I’ve been trying my best to shop but still save more money. These tips should be helpful.