Making The Most of London This Summer

London at this time of year is a fantastic place to visit.

London is one the greenest cities in Europe, with tons of parks and natural spaces – it even has natural outdoor pools, where Londoners will go for an early morning swim in one of the natural lakes within several of London’s parks.  There’s always plenty of picnic spots, and the great thing about London is that it attracts such a diverse and independent crowd you don’t need to be with anyone else to enjoy it.

Making The Most of London This Summer

Indeed, many Londoners are happy to sit alone in the park with some music in their ears, a cold beer or glass of wine, and a little picnic.  That’s the great thing about London. Unlike many places in the world, you don’t need to be with friends or a partner, you can just enjoy London for what it is.  In this way, it’s a very welcoming and accepting city that means everyone can squeeze the most out of summer.

That said, it can be a tiring city that requires a lot of walking and hustle and bustle.  Not hustle and bustle in the sense of hassle, that one might expect in a place like Marrakech or Istanbul, indeed London is very reserved when it comes to people touting their wares, but if you get the tube in rush hour, for instance, you’re going to be crammed in like a sardine and heaven forbid you stand on the wrong side of the escalator, as people will genuinely barge you out the way … not to be nasty … just because London has a pulse and pace about it, that is busy, affluent and aspirational.  Similar to New York, nobody has time to waste, everyone is looking to squeeze the most out of their life, and this article is all about helping you squeeze the most of a visit to this frenetic and energetic city.

Making The Most of London This Summer

Food

London is a foodie’s dream.  You’ll want to check out huge variety of food markets that take place in London from farmers markets to various artisans and purveyors of the world’s finest foods.  London takes food seriously and the best place to discover this is by visiting one of the many local food markets.

Making The Most of London This Summer

Entertainment

If you’re in London anytime soon, you might want to check out these shows, as London has an incredible line up of musicals and plays for every taste.  There are, of course, the famous cinemas that many a celebrity has walked down the red carpet of on opening night in Leicester Square, but honestly, if you’re looking to soak up the atmosphere of London you’ll want to head to one of two places – Camden (eclectic and somewhat grungy) or Southbank (on the Thames filled with street performers).

Making The Most of London This Summer

Travel

The best way to travel around London is with a TFL Day Travelcard that will transport you throughout the whole of London on any bus, tube or train within the zones you choose.  A top tip here, is to travel just after 9:30am, as this way the price reduces significantly and the ticket lasts until the early hours of the next morning.

Making The Most of London This Summer

Do you have any other tips for making the most of London this summer?
Be sure to let us know in the comments below.

1. 08/05/2018 / 6:42 pm

These are great tips. I love London, but it’s such a big city. A guide is a big help.

2. 08/05/2018 / 8:08 pm

Love these tips girl! London looks so beautiful, I’ve always wanted to take a trip there!

3. 08/05/2018 / 9:08 pm

Beautiful photos! London seems to be a very beautiful place. I only dream of visiting it some day.

4. 08/05/2018 / 10:48 pm

Loved this post! London is my favourite place to visit, there is so much to see and do! I love going to see musicals, there are so many to choose from and it’s a lovely way to spend the evening xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

5. Rose Ann Sales
    09/05/2018 / 4:16 am

Such a nice post and London is one of the best places to visit. I will definitely go in this place one day!

6. Ruth I
    09/05/2018 / 2:02 pm

I know London is a beautiful place with lovely sceneries. I really want to try the food!

7. Lauren Davis
    09/05/2018 / 4:33 pm

Love this! We are only half an hour from London by train and I’m always saying how we need to make the most of this amazing City! Some great tips thank you 🙂

8. 09/05/2018 / 10:08 pm

I love London but not traveled there in Summer time so loved reading what we could do if we head there this summer. The theatres will be top on our list for sure.

9. Gemille Sleweon
    09/05/2018 / 10:20 pm

London is such a beautiful city. I love the fashion and architecture, and i can’t wait to visit someday!

10. 09/05/2018 / 11:16 pm

We are hoping to get to London sometime this year. My brother and sister in law live right outside.

11. Heather
    10/05/2018 / 6:00 am

My niece will be in London next week, and I’ve definitely got a bad case of jealousy. It sounds like such a lovely time to visit. Maybe I’ll sneak myself in her luggage so I can enjoy everything from the outdoor settings to the shows.

12. 10/05/2018 / 10:22 am

I do like to visit London. For me it’s all about the dining and shows x

13. 10/05/2018 / 10:24 am

I absolutely love London and I totally agree, it is an amazing place to visit in the summer. There are some amazing parks and gardens, I’d just recommend walking if you can and avoid getting the tube in the heat!

14. 11/05/2018 / 9:55 am

My favourite thing to do in London during the summer is just to talk down the Thames, stopping for coffee or cocktails and finding the little secret upstairs garden at the Southbank Centre. xx

15. 11/05/2018 / 11:04 am

I love visiting London in the summer as there is just so much stuff to do!

16. 12/05/2018 / 6:08 pm

My husband is desperate to see Les Mis but when I looked into ticket prices I almost passed out LOL
    Kara recently posted…Romeo’s Lab Playset ReviewMy Profile