3 Romantic Destinations in Nepal

If you think of a romantic setting for some quiet times with your partner that spells magic. What comes to mind is usually scenes of spectacular sunrises or sunsets, walking hand in hand on the soft sands of a beach, watching snow clad mountains in the distance and sharing a glass of champagne, cruising together on a tranquil lake, trekking together in the jungles, etc …

If you are looking to give these romantic dreams wings then there is one country that has many a perfect setting for a perfect romantic experience. That country is Nepal, a home that boasts of the mighty Himalayan ranges, beautiful lakes and forests. Getting to Nepal from anywhere in the world is easy as the lure of the land pulls in hordes every year. Kathmandu which is the capital is the hub of the country. Kathmandu is accessible from all over the world, one can book cheap Delhi to Kathmandu flight at low cost or fly in from any other major airport.

Once you get to Kathmandu, the door to many a romantic possibility opens up, it is up to you to choose what you want or if you have the time and the money you can opt for all of them. So let us peep into these romantic destinations that are sure to make you swoon.

3 Romantic Destinations in Nepal

Nagarkot

Imagine waking up in the morning and opening the curtains of your hotel window or better still stepping on to the balcony of your hotel room. What do you see there? The rays of the rising sun kissing the snowy clad peaks of the Himalayan mountains bathing them in a shower of gold. As you take a leisurely sip of coffee, your hand in your partner’s hand, your are sure to exclaim those three magic words. No it is not “I love you”, but, “this is heaven”! That, then is Nagarkot for you ladies and gentlemen.

Nagarkot is just about twenty seven odd kilometers from the city of Kathmandu, but is sure to transport you into a totally different world. A world so beautiful and enchanting, that you will think that you woke up to a dream.

Whether it is your honeymoon or anniversary or just the two of you on a holiday to spend quality time together, head to Nagarkot. The prime attractions of course are the views of Mount Everest and the Annapurna Mountains. In addition Nagarkot has many enchanting trekking trails too. The best time to plan a romantic rendezvous in Nagarkot is between the months of October to April.

3 Romantic Destinations in Nepal

Pokhara

The vast expanse of the waters of an enchanting lake shimmers in emerald hues. You cruise along the waters leisurely living the moment, mesmerized by the magic of the moment. As you rest your head on the shoulders of your beloved, the surrounding mountains and the low hanging clouds seem to serenade you in a divine symphony. That then is the Phewa Lake in Pokhara, a picturesque freshwater lake located in the midst of the surrounding Himalayan mountains at an altitude of two thousand four hundred and thirty four feet. Pokara is a haven for couples looking to steal some romantic moments in the lap of nature at the foothills of the Himalayas. Apart from the natural beauty if you want to temper your experience with adventure, all you need to do is head to nearby Sarankot to indulge in the exciting activity of Paragliding. Pokhara makes for a dreamy experience which will leave you with memories to cherish for a lifetime.

3 Romantic Destinations in Nepal

Bandipur

A small and quaint town in Nepal which looks like a slice of Europe. Bandipur is one of the most enchanting towns in Nepal and less touristy too, making it all the more attractive and romantic a destination. As you stroll around the town and observe the lines of row houses, you will feel that time has come to a standstill. Bandipur seems to have been caught in an enthralling time warp and you too will lose all sense of time as you experience the charm of this place. To add some spice to your experience you can also embark on some trekking along beautiful trails or go for a safari in the nearby jungles, or you can simply choose to soak in the Newari culture by interacting with the Newari people who inhabit the area. The Newaris are the indigenous people of Nepal and the originators of the Nepali culture and heritage. The experience of Bandipur will be like a charming comma in your life.

3 Romantic Destinations in Nepal

These are three gems carefully plucked from the beautiful landscapes of Nepal. Nepal a country which has innumerable destinations that are guaranteed to appeal to your romantic leanings and sweep you off your feet. Nepal the country of the mystical mountains, where there is a song in the winds that blow from the Himalayas and where the hearts of the people overflow with warmth is a destination one must experience.

Have you ever visited Nepal before?
I’d love to hear from you if you have.

1. 19/03/2018 / 9:29 am

Wow! What an amazing post! Nagarkot looks absolutely amazing!

2. 19/03/2018 / 9:40 am

I have never thought of visiting Nepal but I love the idea of a safari, it must be so exciting to see tigers!

3. 19/03/2018 / 12:20 pm

Oh wow, these places look great. Stunning and breathtaking views. I would love to go 🙂

4. 19/03/2018 / 1:46 pm

I have never been to Nepal but it is a bit of a dream of mine – funny though I never considered it as a romantic destination until I read this!

5. 19/03/2018 / 3:28 pm

I would absolutely love to visit Nepal, it looks and sounds beautiful. I would like to visit all of these destinations.

6. 19/03/2018 / 6:10 pm

I have heard so much about Nepal and always wanted to go there, did not know till today that it is a romantic destination too, so will add this location to my list when I do visit the place.

7. 19/03/2018 / 9:00 pm

Nepal is one of those places I dream about visiting… I am not sure it’s somewhere I would take the toddler though, maybe in a few years! 🙂

8. 20/03/2018 / 12:56 am

I’ve never been to Nepal but I think it’s really breathtaking! It’s definitely one of the places that I would love to visit! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading all about the different places.

9. 20/03/2018 / 3:16 am

I never thought of Nepal as being a romantic destination but after seeing Pokhara my senses came alive. Absolutely breathtaking.

10. 20/03/2018 / 8:16 am

Nepal looks like a stunning country and how wonderful would it be to see a tiger in its natural habitat

11. 20/03/2018 / 9:25 am

What a fabulous trio of amazing locations to visit. I love the look of Pokhara. the lakes look stunning and the water the most gorgeous colour 🙂

12. 20/03/2018 / 9:40 am

I’ve never been to Nepal before, but my best friend went last year on a trip around there and India and it looked amazing x
    Rhian Westbury recently posted…Five Things – Week 106My Profile

13. 20/03/2018 / 8:24 pm

to be honest when I think of romantic destinations Nepal isn’t one that springs to mind. However that said Its probably because don’t know about it and from your post it sounds like the perfect place for romance.

14. 20/03/2018 / 9:59 pm

Phewa Lake in Pokhara looks like something out of a dream! Maybe when I’m a bit older we can travel there are visit. Lovely suggestions on places to go!

15. Rosey
    21/03/2018 / 8:32 am

I think it would be wonderful to visit. I have a friend who went years ago and he still talks about how great of a time he had there.

16. Jemma
    21/03/2018 / 2:30 pm

All of these look stunning. I would love to go one day.

17. 21/03/2018 / 5:01 pm

Nepal is so exotic to me. I would love to just take a n ice vacation there.

18. Ruthie Ridley
    21/03/2018 / 11:47 pm

I want to visit here with the hubby!! Nepal sounds incredible!!

19. 23/03/2018 / 9:57 am

I have never really considered Nepal before, but it really does look so lovely to visit.

20. Dannii
    24/03/2018 / 5:23 pm

Nepal is not somewhere I had really thought of before, but it’s beautiful. Going on my bucket list now.

21. 16/04/2018 / 8:07 am

I never thought of going to Nepal but it seems like a nice and diverse country.