Getting Your Look Right on Your Wedding Day

If you have landed on this blog post, you are probably newly engaged or in the process of planning your wedding (or both!), so first of all, congratulations! This is an exciting period in any woman’s life. However, it can also be very stressful, as you want to look your best on your special day. To help make sure this is the case, read on for some great tips on how to get your look right on your wedding day.

Getting Your Look Right on Your Wedding Day

Play up your best feature – You know what your best feature is, so maximise it. If you have a gorgeous smile, enhance it with the perfect lip stain. If your eyes are your best feature, open them up with a few individual false lashes. If you have radiant skin, use dewy and fresh makeup.

Less is more when accessorising – While it can be tempting to wear everything from diamond chandelier earrings to your favourite charm bracelet, less is certainly more when accessorising on your wedding day. Your dress is meant to be the star of the show, and so you don’t want your accessories to distract from this too much. A pair of elegant pearl earrings or a small, dainty necklace will be more than enough. Consider the full picture when you are planning your wedding outfit.

Consider your body shape – When choosing the perfect wedding dress, you need to consider your body shape. It is important to select a style that you feel comfortable in and that extenuates your body shape. There are plenty of infographics online that show the best wedding dress styles based on body shape.

Don’t try anything new less than a month before the wedding – Trying a new chemical skin peel a week before your wedding is not the way to go. The same applies for treatments that are less invasive, for example, an eyebrow wax. The last thing you want is it to have an unusual reaction before your special day!

Select a veil that suits the face of your shape – A lot of people are aware of the importance of choosing a wedding dress that suits them. However, they don’t realise that the same applies for your choice of veil. Figuring out your hairstyle and veil combo can be challenging. It is all about choosing something that suits your face. So, if your face is long, choose a veil with more volume. Pick a narrow hairstyle or veil if you have a round face. And, finally, remember that length adds length, and width adds width.

If you follow the advice that has been presented in the blog post above, you are bound to get your wedding look right. While there is a lot to take into consideration, if you follow the simple tips and rules that are provided, you should find it a lot easier.

Do you have any other tips for getting your look right on your wedding day?
If so, let me know in the comments below.

Blogger Collaboration

1. 07/02/2018 / 2:32 pm

It seems like yesterday but my baby girls wedding was five years ago now. I wanted to have my facial hair waxed for the first time a few days before the wedding and she wouldn’t let me. Wise decision on her part as it left my face red when I finally got it done. I totally agree, don’t try anything new right before the wedding!
    Shirley Wood recently posted…How Cat Litter Is Saving Shelter CatsMy Profile

2. 07/02/2018 / 9:17 pm

I was lucky and had my mom make my dress that I designed. We went to several shops and bridal shows first! And yes, less is more!

3. 08/02/2018 / 4:18 am

These are all great tips! I got married 10 years ago and I had no clue what I was doing, luckily I picked a great dress (and groom) so everything else fell into place. I do think it is a good idea to not try anything new with beauty products or a hair cut right before the big day.

4. 08/02/2018 / 11:21 am

If I ever get married, I would want to get married on a beach, so I’d definitely try and pick a dress that would be practical for this kind of setting.

5. Reesa Lewandowski
    08/02/2018 / 2:46 pm

I wish I could go back to my wedding day! While everything was perfect, the one thing that I did not like was my hair and makeup!

6. 08/02/2018 / 5:32 pm

I am yet to get married (boohoo) but I am being a bridesmaid this year and will be sure to share these fab tips with my bride! Love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x

7. 08/02/2018 / 10:47 pm

I will never forget my wedding day. It was beautiful and I felt beautiful.

8. 09/02/2018 / 8:12 am

I think the most important thing is to give yourself enough time – both to choose your dress and for proper fittings. It’s not something that can be rushed.
    Linda Hobbis recently posted…Problem Page Edition 6 – 2018My Profile

9. Thena Franssen
    09/02/2018 / 3:11 pm

Great post, and great tips! My wedding day was perfect and easy, which is what I prefer!

10. 09/02/2018 / 8:44 pm

I have to agree that it is so important not to try anything new right before your wedding. Also, though you may love a certain wedding gown, if it is not right for your body shape, you just won’t feel as confident. Taking your body shape into consideration when choosing your gown is key.
    Jessica Hughes recently posted…International Travel with KidsMy Profile

11. 10/02/2018 / 4:04 am

I think I did pretty good with my look on my wedding day. I have no regrets, except for the wind. It was a bit too windy and you could see windblown hair in pictures…oh well.
    Heather recently posted…How to Arrange Your Sofa for Open Plan LivingMy Profile

12. 10/02/2018 / 3:03 pm

These are all great tips about looking right for your wedding day. So many stress out about how they look and if everything will go right. These tips will surely help inspire someone to slow down and realize that they can look just right without stressing!

13. Elizabeth O
    10/02/2018 / 4:44 pm

There are so many great ideas here, I wished I had a guide like this when it was my time because this is so helpful for many brides-to-be!

14. Our Family World
    10/02/2018 / 9:20 pm

Awesome tips! I will have to take note and bookmark this article so I can share it with a friend or family member. Right now, I don’t know of anyone who will marry soon, but this is always good information to have on hand.

15. 11/02/2018 / 1:54 am

Classic tips- so important! I am still so shocked by friends when they do something all new

16. 11/02/2018 / 9:39 pm

Great advice. I think so many brides want to go full glam, which is great, but you also have to think about what best suits your day and your personality. Try looks out before you settle on one so you aren’t stressing about it on your wedding day.

17. 12/02/2018 / 12:39 am

Such wonderful tips. Weddings are so special and the day should be magical and memorable for each bride (and groom)

18. 13/02/2018 / 9:34 pm

This was such a great read as I’m currently preparing for my own wedding day.
    Ada recently posted…The Smoothest ShaveMy Profile