If you have finally made your mind up that she is the one for you, and are preparing to pop the question, your attention will soon be turning to the ring, and with that in mind, here are some important factors to take into consideration when choosing an engagement ring.
01. Durability – While you want the ring to have aesthetic appeal, your partner will certainly not want to take the ring off her finger, therefore it must be able to stand the test of time, and should have no sharp edges that could catch fabric. If you would like to view some excellent examples, check Diamonds.co.nz’s engagement rings in NZ, where they have a wide range of affordable diamond engagement rings that are guaranteed to have the right response.
02. Her Style – Rather than rushing into it and choosing something what you think will be fine, it pays to do a little research. When you are with your partner, notice the jewellery she is wearing, particularly rings, and this will give you an insight into her style and preferences. Talk about fashion, as though you are genuinely interested, and the dialogue that follows is bound to give you more information that can be used to help with the ring choice.
03. Consult Her Friends – This can be done with those you feel comfortable with, and, of course, this needs to be a secret, but you could ask one of her friends to casually start to look at engagement rings, and because this is the sort of thing that single girls like to do, it will not raise any suspicions in your partner’s mind. Once your friend knows, she can show you a few examples, then you can shop online with confidence, knowing she will be more than delighted with the ring.
04. Research Diamonds – Fortunately, this can be done online, and considering you are about to make a considerable investment in a diamond ring, it makes sense to learn a little about this precious stone. The 4 Cs, – Cut, Clarity, Carat, and Colour, are the basic things to look at when selecting a stone, and with online diamond retailers who have a wide selection of stylish engagement rings at lower than retail prices, you can buy with confidence. There are informative articles online on understanding the clarity of diamonds, which will certainly help.
05. Consider a Customised Ring – This is not as expensive as you might think, and with a professional jeweller’s help, you can design the perfect ring for your soon to be wife. There are online jewellers who are dedicated to designing and creating unique engagement rings, and with an online search, you will soon be talking to the right retailer.
This is an exciting time in any man’s life, and by choosing the right engagement ring, you can rest assured that you will receive the response you are looking for, and it will be the start of a long and happy relationship that stands the test of time.