5 Things I’d Do If I Won The Lottery!

If I had to name a phrase I’ve heard over and over again, it would most definitely have to be “I’m going to treat myself to one of those when I win the lottery”. I must hear it once, twice, maybe even three times a week when my friends and family are lusting after an expensive purchase that they can’t really afford. And it got me thinking, what would do if I won the lottery? Save? Splurge? Or perhaps do a bit of both? And the more I thought about what I’d do with any lottery winnings, the more I thought what a great blog post it would make discussing it!

Now, first of all, I want to make it very clear that it’s highly unlikely I would ever win the lottery. And that’s mainly due to the fact that I usually forget to pick up a ticket, so I’m definitely not ‘in it to win it’, so-to-speak. But I guess I could get lucky on the odd occasion that I do remember to buy one.

So, without further ado, let me start my list of 5 things I’d do if I won the lottery. What I could actually buy from this list with my winnings would obviously depend on the amount of money I won, but for the purpose of this post, let’s pretend it’s a hell of a lot! Are you sitting comfortably? Then let’s go …

01. Buy Stacey tickets to see The Vamps

At the moment my 14-year-old daughter, Stacey, is a massive fan of British boy band, The Vamps. And as the boys are going to be touring the UK next year it would be great to be able to treat her and a friend or two to tickets to a couple of the shows that are fairly close to home. And this is something nice I could do for her on quite a small win as well, as tickets to their shows aren’t super expensive. With a bigger win, I could hire a limo there and back, and maybe treat them all to a meal at Stacey’s favourite restaurant too. She’d be over the moon with a treat like this.

Walt Disney World, Florida

02. Organise a Family Holiday to Walt Disney World, Florida

Both my kids have always dreamed of visiting Walt Disney World in Florida, but we’ve just never had enough spare money lying around to be able to make their dream a reality. But a significant win on the lottery could easily change that! I know my little family would have a great time here – both Stacey and Oscar love the thrill of riding white-knuckle rides, seeing spectacular stage shows, and visiting new places. The only problem I think we’d have is getting them on the plane home. I think they’d want to stay forever. And Oscar would definitely be nagging at us to take him back!

New Home

03. Buy a Bigger House

Being a bit of a shopaholic (and having two children who seem to have picked up my bad habit) means I accumulate a lot of new stuff year after year. This wouldn’t be so much of a problem if we lived in a bigger house than the one we’re in at the moment. So a bigger house would most definitely be high on the list of things for me to buy with any lottery winnings. I absolutely love this one that recently came up for sale in nearby Edwalton. It’s detached, has 5 bedrooms, swimming pool, and over 0.5 acres of land, which would be perfect for the kids to run around in. You can only imagine how much a property like this must cost.

I think the only way I’d ever be able to win enough money to buy a house like this would be to play the Powerball, which is an American Lottery with incredible jackpots. Did you know that someone won the Powerball earlier this year and made themselves £1 billion?! How amazing is that? It’s really simple to play, with draws taking place every Wednesday and Saturday. At LottoLand, you can place your bet online, so you don’t have to keep remembering to pick up a ticket when you’re out and about. How cool is that? I’ll definitely be having a go on the Powerball later on this week. Wish me luck!

Driving Lessons

04. Take Driving Lessons – and buy myself a Clio

Can you believe I’ve gotten to the ripe old age of 33 without ever taking a driving test? I’ve had plenty of lessons, but I always end up finding it difficult to pay for them after week 5 or 6, so I just quit and hope I’ll be able to afford them at a later date. If I were ever lucky enough to win some money on the lottery, I would pay for my lessons in bulk, so I wouldn’t hit that stumbling block again. And hopefully, I’d pass my test so I could drive around in the Clio I’d treat myself to. I’m thinking if I had a car sat in my garage waiting for me it would spur me on to do well. What do you guys think?

Save For the Future

05. Save For the Future

After reading the first 4 things I’d do with my lottery winnings, I doubt there would be much left to save. But ideally, I would like to save as much as I could to ensure that the kids and I had a comfortable future. It would be so good to never have to worry where our next meal was coming from, or how I was going to pay that unexpected bill. Stacey is hoping to go to university when she’s older too, which I know won’t come cheap. It would be an amazing experience for her, though. So if it’s something she still wants to do when she leaves school then I’ll do anything and everything I can to help her get there and live her dream.

5 Things I Would Do If I Won The Lottery

And there you have it – 5 things I would do if I was lucky enough to ever win the lottery. There are so many different lottery games that you can play over at LottoLand. The EuroMillions game is the most popular, with one bet costing just £2. The jackpot currently stands at £15 million, and the next draw takes place tonight. Will you be having a go? Other games include Powerball, which I mentioned above, and the Irish Lotto, which is a great alternative to the UK Lottery.

What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?
Why not let me know in the comments below?

In collaboration with LottoLand. All opinions are my own.

1. 07/11/2017 / 11:47 am

I love that the first thing you list is a treat for your daughter. That gave me the warm fuzzies! I’d pay off my parents house if I could and also purchase my own. I’ve a lot of thoughts on the particulars of that house but aside from that, I’m not sure what I’d get. That being said, I very rarely take a chance on the lottery. Maybe I should.
    LizzumsBB recently posted…Rose and Thistle Wax PatisserieMy Profile

2. 07/11/2017 / 9:51 pm

Oh gosh, if I won the lottery the first thing I’d do is book a trip around the world. I’ve always wanted to visit New York so that would be top of the list!

3. reesa
    08/11/2017 / 12:51 am

I love this idea! I would pay off our condo and move somewhere really awesome and put the rest away so we could live comfortably!

4. 08/11/2017 / 1:16 am

I can’t tell if lottery dreaming is fun or depressing! LOL But I like your ideas. Disneyworld would be a trip we would take again!

5. Claudia Krusch
    08/11/2017 / 1:35 am

These are all great things to do if you win the lottery. We would definitely plan a long trip to Disney. It would be amazing to nit have to worry about money any more.

6. 08/11/2017 / 1:57 am

I think traveling would be at the top of my list. Then a hot tub for my house.

7. 08/11/2017 / 6:57 am

Both the Disneyworld Trip And new house would definitely be on my list too, maybe I’d just move in with the mouse!

8. 08/11/2017 / 8:33 am

I’d travel! And then I’d travel some more! And if there was still money around after that, I’d go on a trip! 🙂

9. 08/11/2017 / 2:57 pm

Saving for the future is so important! You never know what will happen in the future, and it’s nice to have a safety pad.

10. This is a fun post! I love your ideas! I think we would pay off our house, do the remodeling we want to do, buy new cars and put the rest away for the kids!

11. 08/11/2017 / 5:34 pm

It is really very important to ensure that you save for the future! That’s what I would do.

12. 08/11/2017 / 9:57 pm

Wish I’d win a lottery one day! But to do so, I need to pick up my tickets first too and then dream of a bigger house which would accommodate my growing belongings as well.

13. 09/11/2017 / 12:48 am

Haha I think I’d probably do the same things as you but not #1. I would probably buy a house, and share the money with my family!

14. 09/11/2017 / 3:17 am

My list is so boring. I’d pay off my mortgage, car, student loans, and our heat pump. Next, I’d make some drastic improvements to my house like new windows and better insulation. I’d add a three season porch to the back of the house. I”d go travelling. I’d start college funds for my boys. Other than that, I can’t think of anything I want.

15. 09/11/2017 / 3:25 am

OMGoodness what would I do??? A bigger home would be one for sure but I think I would pay off all our debt, set up trust funds for my Kiddies and then take a RV trip across country as a family – PS but an RV.

16. 09/11/2017 / 5:26 am

Buy my own house and save for the future will be definitely what I will do when I also won a lottery. Probably invest it to somewhere I can secure my future.

17. 09/11/2017 / 10:55 am

It is a lovely thought that winning the lottery could change things so much. I’ve always said, it would be the little things that I never seen to do, that I would love to do, that would be top of the list. Nothing over the top of silly, just stuff that I put off because there is always something better to spend my money on.

First thing I would do, is take my family to Loch Lomond.

18. amelia avossa
    09/11/2017 / 5:17 pm

Go disney would be on my Top list to if i won the lotto! x

19. 09/11/2017 / 6:30 pm

A bigger house for us – definitely – one with a utility room so I don’t have to dry everything on radiators. Bliss. We can but dream.
    Linda Hobbis recently posted…Get Your Kitchen Cozy For WinterMy Profile

20. Bernadette Callahan
    10/11/2017 / 1:10 am

Crazy that you dont drive. I LOVE driving, it is honestly one of my favorite things to do.
    I would definitely upgrade our house and find something with more space, inside and out. And save alot!

21. Blair villanueva
    10/11/2017 / 10:03 am

These are awesome ideas! I think if i will won a lottery, i will buy an island and turn it into a destination. And travel a lot!

22. 10/11/2017 / 11:53 am

Lol, we have same plan almost, I would love to win the lottery. But first I will have to pay off our house and travel to all the places I dream to visit. Also, go spend a lot of time with my family in the Philippines.

23. 13/11/2017 / 3:11 am

gosh! plenty of things to do on my list too if ever I won in a lottery! Definitely a new house, business, and vacation to Santorini with my boys! <3

24. 16/11/2017 / 11:08 am

Oh gosh, so many things I’d love to do if I won the lottery! I think you wouldn’t see me for a while if I did, I’d be off travelling the globe 🙂 There are loads of places on my bucket list, so I’d like to tick them off one by one! x