5 Fun At-Home Date Night Ideas

It’s mid-September, and there’s a chill in the air. And while I have to admit that summertime outings are lovely and all, there’s something simply magical (and not-to-mention, cheap) about staying-at-home for a date night with your loved one at this time of year.

For today’s post, I thought I’d share my top 5 really fun date night ideas to do at-home with you guys in case you should be looking to indulge in a little one-on-one time with your loved one this winter. So, are you sitting comfortably? Then let’s go!

Snuggle up on the sofa and watch a movie01. Snuggle up on the sofa and watch a movie

OK, let me start with the most obvious one: snuggling up on the sofa and watching a movie. With subscription services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video at your fingertips, it’s never been easier to find a movie (or TV series) that both of you would enjoy watching together. Make sure you stock up on things like popcorn, drinks, chips, and dips to snack on during the movie. And guys, if you let the lovely lady in your life watch her favourite rom-com, take my advice and have a box of tissues to hand. Trust me, she’s going to need them!

Enjoy a romantic meal for two

02. Enjoy a romantic meal for two

If you’re the sort of person who likes to cook, then why not show off your culinary prowess and treat the love of your life a romantic meal for two? It doesn’t have to be anything particularly fancy, as long as it’s edible. And I reckon a nice bottle of wine would go down a treat with it too. Sitting down for a meal together will give you a chance to chat to your loved one face-to-face. And if cooking isn’t really your thing, then you could always order a takeaway instead. Yummy!

03. Play a board game

One of my favourite things to do on an at-home date night is play board games. Scrabble, Monopoly, Battleship, Chess. You name it, I’ve played it! Not only will playing games keep your mind sharp, it’s beautifully interactive. Part of a competitive couple? Not to worry, as this can make things very, very interesting. A little competitive conflict can help to keep the spark alive!

See the stars

04. See the stars

If your at-home date night is happening when the weather is fairly warm, why not head outside, lay down on a comfy blanket on the grass, and look up at the stars? As cheesy as it may sound, there’s nothing more romantic than doing a little stargazing while chatting away to your significant other. You’ll be amazed at all the things you’ll see up in the sky on a clear night. It’s so romantic!

Create a relaxing at-home spa night

05. Create a relaxing ‘at-home’ spa night

And last but not certainly not least, how about creating a nice, relaxing at-home spa night? You could take turns at giving each other a back massage, foot massage, hand massage, or even a pedicure! It can be romantic and hilarious at the same time. Just remember to dim the lights and add a few scented candles for ambience. I promise you guys will love it!

And there you have it, my 5 favourite at-home date night ideas. They’re perfect for this time of year when the sunshine disappears early on in the evening, and you might not want to head out in the dark. And don’t worry if you haven’t found that special someone to share a date night with yet – there are literally hundreds of dating sites out there with men and women signed up and waiting to find ‘the one’.

So whether you’re looking for over 50’s dating Isle of White, over 50’s dating Surrey, over 50’s dating Oxfordshire, or are looking to sign up to a Sheffield dating site or even a Southampton dating site, there really is something for everyone. Why not come and take a look?!

5 Fun At-Home Date Night Ideas

What are some of your favourite things to do on an at-home date night with your loved one?
Let me know in the comments below.

Sponsored Post

1. 20/09/2017 / 3:55 pm

Great ideas – since becoming parents who date nights are at home and I especially enjoy it when my husband cooks a special meal because I’m usually the one that cooks!
    Helen recently posted…BABY: Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler RockerMy Profile

2. Fatima
    20/09/2017 / 7:58 pm

My favourite thing is a home spa, but that actually depends on my son’s sleeping routine because sometimes it gets disturbs. These are indeed some great ideas for a date night.

3. 20/09/2017 / 8:50 pm

There are some lovely ideas here. My OH and I are rarely at home at the same time, we get an hour a week together alone and we tend to crash in front of the telly. Maybe we should be more creative with that time 🙂

4. 20/09/2017 / 11:15 pm

We love a board game, but only really get them out at Christmas which is silly really. I must change that!

5. Chelsea Elizabeth
    21/09/2017 / 11:33 am

I love home date nights. My favourite is having showers, fresh pyjamas and being cosy and comfortable with something good on the tv and good food. I don’t need to be wined and dined for a date. They can be much more special at home. I love your ideas

6. 21/09/2017 / 7:42 pm

While I don’t have a loved one to snuggle I do think these are great udeas. I enjoy peaceful quiet nights alone. We have both Amazon Prime and Netflix so there is always something on T.V., although I prefer reading, I don’t really care for T.V.
    Gladys parker recently posted…Diono Radian RXT GiveawayMy Profile

7. 21/09/2017 / 10:29 pm

These are great at home date nights, dates don’t have to cost a fortune, sometimes it’s perfectly ok just hanging out at home.

8. 22/09/2017 / 1:58 am

These are some awesome date night tips and ideas. I love date night. I love how this offers so much more quality intimacy!

9. 22/09/2017 / 12:11 pm

PK flatly refuses to play board games with me because he says I’m far too competitive! (Think Monica Geller)

10. 22/09/2017 / 2:42 pm

Those are all great ideas! Love them all. I think I wouldn’t do the Netflix date in though, because we do that almost every night anyways, we have to be more creative at our house! But I really like the spa idea – totally doing that one!! Thank you!

11. 22/09/2017 / 3:36 pm

After a francti game playing with the boy, we like to unwind watch a movie on the sofa, with a nice bottle of plonk, then I get him to give me a foot massage lol!

12. 22/09/2017 / 4:58 pm

Sent your post link to my hubby, because you know, wink wink, he needs fresh ideas hahaha! Great options. We both love cooking so the romantic meal for two is the best for me!

13. Julie Syl
    22/09/2017 / 5:05 pm

This is such a great home date ideas. I will definitely do this to my husband too.

14. Kelly Reci
    22/09/2017 / 5:06 pm

Aww!!! This is such a great ideas I want to do this for my husband. I am pretty sure that he will surprised so much.

15. Victoria Heckstall
    22/09/2017 / 5:47 pm

This home date night ideas is so great. I will definitely check this out.

16. 22/09/2017 / 7:50 pm

Great ideas! I’ve tried all of them, they’re super fun. Thank you for sharing this.

17. 22/09/2017 / 7:55 pm

My honey, the couch, a bottle of wine and a flick is definitely my idea of a quality date night. As long as the kids are asleep! Bwah!

18. 23/09/2017 / 12:55 am

We don’t play Baird games often just the two of us but when we do we always have a great time! Great ideas!

19. Emily
    23/09/2017 / 1:15 am

These are great ideas! My husband and I prioritize time together in the evening once a week. Sometimes we go out and other times we watch a movie or have dinner for two after the kids go to bed.

20. Shell
    23/09/2017 / 4:33 am

These are wonderful and fun date night ideas!

21. Yukti
    24/09/2017 / 5:40 am

Great ideas to have date night at home. Home is the best place to date if planned perfectly. I loved the spa idea. Nice tips!

22. 24/09/2017 / 4:45 pm

Snuggle and watch Netflix is perhaps my favorite thing to do. I also like the idea of home spa. I would love a good message ?Amazing ideas. Enjoyed reading this post

23. 24/09/2017 / 4:54 pm

These are all amazing ideas, especially the board game idea because we do it pretty often lol. The at home spa/massage is surely on my list soon!

24. 24/09/2017 / 5:33 pm

Me and my hubby are newly weds but we do not have a home date night. We enjoy watching our favourite TV Show together and it is honestly an activity we are both looking forward.
    Elena recently posted…The Best Day Trips from LondonMy Profile

25. Victoria Marden
    25/09/2017 / 10:41 am

These are great ideas. We have never had a date night out yet so it’s great to have different things to do when you stay in. We love playing board games together x

26. 25/09/2017 / 1:10 pm

Board games are one of our favorites. We also like to do dinner outside on our deck.

27. steph
    29/09/2017 / 9:28 pm

Such a fab post, I really need to have a date night with my partner but we never seem to have time. It’s bonkers. x