Birchbox | July 2017 Edition

Last month I mentioned that after taking a few months away from my Birchbox subscription, I’d signed up again as I’d spotted the June box on social media and thought it looked right up my street. Luckily, I was over the moon with it when it arrived and I soon found myself looking forward to my July box being delivered.

When it finally landed on my door mat I discovered that the theme of July’s box was ‘Summer Daze’, which is just perfect for this time of year. And I’ve spent the last few weeks trying out everything inside it so I could share my honest opinion of it with you guys. I hope you enjoy reading through it.

Birchbox | July 2017 Edition

To match the summery theme of the contents, July’s box had one of the most gorgeous designs I’ve seen. It has an ombre sunset on the front, which goes down from a mid-blue shade, through to lilac shades, and ending in a fairly deep pink. And then on top of the ‘sunset’ are the silhouettes of six palm trees. I believe the design was voted for by Birchbox subscribers a while ago. And boy, did they choose well!

Inside the July 2017 Birchbox

You may remember in June that Birchbox subscribers were treated to a bag instead of a box, and although I loved getting something a little different for a change, I’m glad the box is back this month. I love how Birchbox boxes have a little pull-out drawer in them. I stack them all up and use them for storing my ever-growing collection of travel minis!

When I opened the drawer last month I noticed that there were six products inside, instead of the usual five. But sadly, they were all sample sized. I did think this seemed a bit stingy if I’m honest, as I tend to expect at least one full sized product in a box like this. The products looked nice at first glance though, so I tried not to let it bother me. So, what did I get? Make sure you read on to find out …

Benefit GoGo Tint

Every Birchbox shipped in July contained a Benefit Lip and Cheek Stain, and I got the GoGo Tint, which I was super happy about as it’s the newest stain in their collection, and I haven’t tried it before, despite being a massive fan of the brand. The GoGo Tint is a bright cherry shade that you can use as either a liquid blush or a lip stain. I did worry that it would be a little too ‘out there’ for me, as I tend to stick to pinks and nudes when it comes to lip colours. But I really love it – it’s the perfect summer shade. I love that the tint is super pigmented and long lasting, and I can definitely see myself repurchasing this once the sample has run out. Go, go Benefit for making such a fantastic tint!

Balance Me Flash Cleanse Micellar Water

Balance Me Flash Cleanse Micellar Water

Every July Birchbox also contained a 30ml sample of Balance Me’s Flash Cleanse Micellar Water, which I was very excited to try out. I love Balance Me as a brand and very often use their products as part of my skincare routine. I’d never tried their Micellar Water though. In fact, up until receiving this sample in my box, I’d never tried any Micellar Water. Can you tell I’m not one to jump straight on a bandwagon?! Anyway, I’ve been using this in place of my usual balm cleanser to remove my makeup before bed, and I’ve been really impressed with it so far. It’s a 99% natural cleansing water which removes makeup and impurities quickly and easily without having to rinse your face afterwards. I’ve found this does a fab job, although I can’t use it near my eyes or they end up stinging like crazy. I should also mention that it has a lovely subtle-yet-calming scent to it that seems to help me relax as well. Will I repurchase? More than likely. It’s a great product that I can see me using again and again.

Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery

Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery

Next up I received a 30ml sample of Percy & Reed’s Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery – try saying that when you’re tired or have had a drink! I’ve only used this product a few times so far as the idea is you apply it through dry hair, from roots to tips before heading to bed, and then shampoo it out the next morning. And sadly, I rarely know whether I’m going to need to wash my hair until I get up. I mean, I just hate washing it unless I have to! (It’s not the actual washing I dislike, it’s the time it takes me to dry and style it after. Urgh). Anyway, the product smells really nice, and it’s full of lovely conditioning properties, so on the times I have used it, it made my hair look and feel really nice. I can’t say yet whether I’ll repurchase or not as I haven’t used it enough, but I’m glad I got to try it out as I’m enjoying using it so far. Have you ever used it before? I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on it if you have!

Anatomicals Softening Eucalyptus Foot Cream

Anatomicals Softening Eucalyptus Foot Cream

I have to admit, I get through a lot of foot cream. So I was really pleased to find one that I hadn’t tried before in my July Birchbox: the Anatomicals Softening Eucalyptus Foot Cream. It smells really nice, and feels super nourishing on the feet. I’ve loved using it! I’ve found a little bit goes a long way with this cream as it’s not super thick like a lot of similar products I own. The packaging seems to be aimed at a much younger person than I am, but it’s definitely summery looking! And as it’s only £5.99 for the full sized tube I can see me repurchasing this in the near future.

Origins RitualiTea Matcha Madness Face Mask

Origins RitualiTea Matcha Madness Face Mask

Last month saw Birchbox treat me to a 5g sample of the Origins RitualtiTea Matcha Madness Powder Face Mask, and as I love Origins masks I was eager to try this out! It’s basically a revitalizing powder mask enriched with Matcha and Green Tea, and you have to mix it with water before applying it to your face. I have to be honest and say I wasn’t blown away by it as it takes quite a lot of effort to apply compared to all the other masks I use, and I managed to make quite a mess when I mixed it up. It also smelled like Sushi, which I wasn’t overly keen on. It did make my skin feel nice though! Will I repurchase though? I doubt it very much. Sorry Origins, I’m not a fan of this one.

Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence EDP

Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence EDP

And the final product in last months Birchbox was a perfume sample: Catherine Malandrino’s Romance de Provence. I hadn’t received any perfume samples in a while, so I was interested to give this a try. And according to Birchbox, this is exclusive to them. So, what does it smell like? I’m rubbish at describing scents (as you may well know) but to me it smells very sophisticated – kind of like the scents I usually choose, but also a lot more daring! I imagined it to be quite a fruity floral kind of scent, but it’s not. It’s more of a musky, masculine sort of scent. It is described as containing layers of jasmine, orange flower, rose and violet with a backdrop of powder musk, amber and patchouli. For me, it’s a night out scent that I think I’ll probably repurchase in a full sized bottle as it’s different to all the other scents in my collection and I really like it.

Birchbox | July 2017 Edition

Overall, I really liked July’s edition of Birchbox, and can see me repurchasing quite a few of the products in the box. The only downside for me was the fact that all the products were sample sized this month. I really think Birchbox should be including at least one full sized item each month. What do you think?

Birchbox – £10.00 (plus P&P) per month ||link||

Have you ever tried a Birchbox subscription before?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on them!

Product purchased with my own money

1. 07/08/2017 / 5:27 pm

I love the look of that foot cream, mine need all the help they can get at the moment x

2. 07/08/2017 / 8:32 pm

Even the box everything comes in is nice! I think I need some of that Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery! My hair is so dry nowadays so definately need something that soaks in overnight I think
    Jenni recently posted…Courgette, Cauliflower and Chick Pea Curry RecipeMy Profile

3. 07/08/2017 / 8:42 pm

I got similar to you in my box, I wasn’t sure about the Percy & Reed it didn’t seem to do much for my hair and I still had to pop a towel over my pillow, the foot cream was nice though.
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…4 Must Do Things in LondonMy Profile

4. 07/08/2017 / 8:54 pm

For only £10 that seems like a lovely gift to yourself every month! I might check out a subscription soon!

5. 07/08/2017 / 10:27 pm

These products look fab I must re start my subscription as I stopped it
    While I used up some products

6. 07/08/2017 / 10:35 pm

I like that box almost as much as I like the stuff in it! That subscription would make an awesome gift.

7. 08/08/2017 / 1:19 am

I signed up to birchbox last week in time for the august box so I’m excited for that to arrive! I’ve never subscribed to it before but I’m always intrigued, this looks like a really good box though I agree a full size product would have been nice! I definitely need to try that foot cream, I go through them so quickly x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk
    Tiffany recently posted…My Ultimate Girl Power Films!My Profile

8. Dawn Nieves
    08/08/2017 / 1:52 am

I’ve been thinking about subscribing to this and now I want to even more. There are some great goodies in there.

9. 08/08/2017 / 2:07 am

I like its packaging and it makes me feel good

10. reesa
    08/08/2017 / 2:32 am

I can see why you’d want this box. It has a lot of really nice products in this box!

11. 08/08/2017 / 3:24 am

I’ve never tried a Birchbox subscription before but I might have to! I would really like to try out those products. Plus, I love the box!

12. 08/08/2017 / 3:55 am

Oh man, I’ve been really wanting to try Birchbox. I’ve been product sampling through Influenster and it’s actually pretty addictive finding and testing out new products. Thanks for the detailed reviews! I may check out the eucalyptus foot creme!

13. 08/08/2017 / 6:00 am

I love subscription boxes and these seem like great products. I totally agree with you, though, that there should be at least one or two full-sized products in there. I’m not sure it would be worth the price just to get samples.
    Lois Alter Mark recently posted…woman up box subscription – plus a discount!My Profile

14. Dannii
    08/08/2017 / 10:03 am

You can never have too much foot cream I think. So important to make sure your feet are nice and smooth come summer time.

15. 08/08/2017 / 10:05 am

This looks like a good Birchbox, I haven’t been subbed to them in ages! The footcream sounds great, my feet are so dry from wearing sandals constantly!

16. 08/08/2017 / 2:10 pm

My mummy has just cancelled her last subscription box but this Birchbox one looks fab! Definitely need more full scale items!

17. 08/08/2017 / 2:33 pm

I have mixed feelings about these kind of boxes because sometimes the products just don’t suit me. It looks like you’ve got some decent ones in this selection, though I agree that there should be one full-sized product.

18. 08/08/2017 / 2:58 pm

I just subscribed to Birchbox and this was my first box – I loved the array of products and I do have a weak spot for minis 🙂

19. 08/08/2017 / 3:09 pm

I’ve always wanted to try one of these, it’s like a Christmas stocking every month.

20. 08/08/2017 / 3:10 pm

I am not subscribed to any beauty boxes currently, but this looks like a good one to have. So good you got a full size Benefit product! xx

21. Joanna
    08/08/2017 / 4:41 pm

For £10 I think that is a really good selection of products! I would love to try the matcha tea face mask, it sounds very good for your skin. I haven’t tried micellar water either before so you are not alone 🙂

22. 08/08/2017 / 8:26 pm

I’ve wanted to try Birchbox for a while although I agree, I would expect at least one full sized product. Looks like a lovely selection though.

23. 08/08/2017 / 9:43 pm

totally agree with it having too many samples last month but it was good samples though and for the price its fine with me.
    melissa major recently posted…Birchbox August | ReviewMy Profile

24. 09/08/2017 / 1:11 am

I think I’d want this just for the colours of the box! It’s gorgeous.

25. 09/08/2017 / 11:19 am

I do miss having a sub box with birbox but every time I get one I am never impressed with the products. From this box I am only impressed by the micellar cleanse water which I would like to try
    Anosa recently posted…A sister’s Birthday wishlist My Profile

26. 09/08/2017 / 2:12 pm

I do love a really god subscription box, I can just never figure out which is the best one and which is the best value for money! This one looks so cool and has all the things I want in a SB!

27. 09/08/2017 / 3:26 pm

ooo this looks looks like a great subscription box. I’ve looked into a few different ones before but none of them seemed to be as good as this one does. The products inside all look and sound amazing.

28. 11/08/2017 / 11:55 am

Wow this months box looks amazing! I think I am going to sign up to it x

29. 11/08/2017 / 2:29 pm

Looks like a great subscription. I may have to look into it!

30. 12/08/2017 / 7:53 am

Fun. I have seem birch-box everywhere lately. Seeing this makes me want to get it even more.

31. Hannah
    12/08/2017 / 10:05 am

I’ve never seen go go tint before I will have to look out for it

32. 12/08/2017 / 10:21 pm

I’ve seen so much about these boxes and they look amazing. I’m really thinking of signing up!

33. Journa Ramirez
    14/08/2017 / 5:24 am

I’m not a huge fan of subscription box but this looks great! Love the products