My Fantasy Italian Dinner Party

**VOTING IS OPEN! IF YOU’D LIKE TO VOTE FOR ME YOU CAN DO SO BY CLICKING HERE, THEN CLICKING THE VOTE BUTTON UNDER MY NAME – WITH LOVE FROM YOU – THANKS GUYS **

I’ve got to say that I’m not one for entering blogger competitions. But when Clickstay e-mailed me earlier in the week telling me all about their latest one, I just knew I had to take part. Why? Because they wanted to know who I’d invite to my fantasy dinner party, what I’d serve, and where I’d host it. And believe you me, that’s a topic I could talk about all night! So, without further ado, let me tell you guys all about it.

My Fantasy Dinner Party

The Location:
After browsing Clickstay’s website for what felt like hours (they have so many amazing places to stay), I finally found the villa where I would want to host my fantasy Italian dinner party. Oh yes, I would choose to host it at the beautiful Villa Bianca 1, which is just 4km away from the wonderful town of Sorrento in Italy.

The villa is super spacious and has five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a private pool, and a terrace which I think would be the perfect place to sit my fantasy Italian dinner party guests as they would be able to take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding area while they ate. I would, of course, add some pretty fairy lights to the terrace to make it look nice and inviting once dusk began to fall.

Upon arrival, my fantasy dinner party guests would each receive a glass of champagne (or a nice cold beer if they preferred), and I’d definitely have some music playing in the background. Nothing too heavy though – maybe some Russell Watson or G4. I can pretend they’re Italian, right?

The Guest List:
Over the last couple of years, I’ve found myself watching more TV shows than I’ve ever watched before. And that’s all thanks to Netflix, who have so many great series’ on their site that I can just watch when I have the time. I mostly watch American TV shows and always end up having one or two favourite characters from each one. With this in mind, I decided that my fantasy dinner party guests would have to be the guys and girls who play some of my favourite characters from these shows. Let me know if you recognise any of them!

Colin O'Donoghue

First up I’d have the gorgeous Colin O’Donoghue, who plays Killian Jones/Captain Hook in ABC’s fairytale drama, Once Upon a Time. This was one of the very first shows I watched when I subscribed to Netflix, and I still watch it now. Although if I’m honest I think they’ll be wrapping it up soon. Colin has a lot of Irish charm and wit, and I think it would be impossible to try and talk to him without being stopped in my tracks by those beautiful blue eyes, but I’d give it a try. If I could ask Colin anything it would have to be what does his wife think about the way he gazes lovingly at Jennifer Morrison, his co-star on the show, and why the heck did he never tweet me back when I asked him if he could make an appearance at my sons pirate themed birthday party last year!!

Ian Somerhalder

Next up is the equally gorgeous Ian Somerhalder, who played bad boy Damon Salvatore in The Vampire Diaries, and Boone Carlyle in Lost (which I haven’t seen yet). Ian and his wife Nikki announced that they’re expecting their first child together yesterday, so I’d love to ask him how excited he is about that, whether or not they’ve discussed baby names, and of course, offer any mummy advice should he need it. Talking babies is one of my favourite things to do so I’d be in my element!

As much as I love Damon in the Vampire Diaries, he’s not actually my favourite character. Oh, no! My favourite just has to be Caroline Forbes, played by the beautiful Candice King. So I would of course have to invite her to my fantasy dinner party! Candice’s character in the show is the one that I think grows the most, and I love how she goes from being quite needy to a strong, powerful woman. At the dinner party I would ask Candice how she finds being a working mum, and what it’s like being married to a rock star. (Joe King from The Fray).

Leighton Meester

While I was writing up my fantasy dinner party ideas I kept asking myself ‘What would Blair Waldorf do?’ And then it hit me – she’d invite Leighton Meester, of course! (For those of you have never seen Gossip Girl, Leighton played the part of Blair, who was my all-time favourite character from the show. Make sure you go and check it out on Netflix. You won’t regret it). I would ask Leighton if she’s anything like Blair in real life, and if the rumours of a new season of Gossip Girl are true. I certainly hope they are!

Ashley Benson

I recently binge-watched the Whole 7 seasons of Pretty Little Liars, and my favourite character on there has to be Hannah Marin, who is played by the beautiful Ashley Benson. I love that she’s a bit of a rebel, and hates listening to other people. And although she seemed to despise her mum in the early episodes of the show, it soon became clear that she meant everything to her. Two questions I would love to ask Ashley is how she keeps her blonde hair looking so damn good (I’m a blonde and know how hard it can be), and who the hell is A.D?! I know we’ll be finding out soon but I just can’t wait that long!

Dylan O'Brien

Next up I’d invited Dylan O’Brien, who plays Stiles Stilinski in Teen Wolf. Stiles in the super-geeky best friend of Scott, the shows main character, and it’s hard not to fall in love with him as the first season progresses. I would ask Dylan if he would rather be a werewolf than a human in the show, and if he could be in any other TV series, what would it be.

Tyler Blackburn

And last but certainly not least I would invite the lovely Tyler Blackburn, who plays Caleb Rivers in Pretty Little Liars. I absolutely love Tyler’s character in the show. He plays Hannah’s boyfriend and he really comes across as being the best boyfriend ever. I’d like to ask Tyler if he’s a computer geek, like his PLL character, and whether he preferred being in Pretty Little Liars or its spin-off show, Ravenswood.

The Food:
OK, I’m the first to admit that I’m not the most adventurous of people when it comes to trying new foods. So my Italian feast would have to be pretty basic. Especially if I’m cooking it myself. I mean, I don’t want to give my fantasy dinner party guests food poisoning now, do I?! I think I would cook up a 3 course meal, and everything would be nice and traditional.

So, for our starter we would have bruschetta, which is grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil, salt, and a salsa made from tomatoes. I think bruschetta is absolutely delicious, and it doesn’t take long to prepare and cook, so I wouldn’t be leaving my fantasy dinner party guests on their own for too long!

For our main course we would have spaghetti and meatballs. Purely because it’s usually the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Italian food. And it’s simple and delicious too. Any guests who are vegetarian would be able to have spaghetti and sauce without the meatballs, so I wouldn’t need to worry about cooking a second choice of meal.

And for dessert we would have tiramisu. I know it’s blowing my own trumpet a bit but I make a mean tiramisu! It’s my secret ingredient that makes it so awesome. Whenever I make it at home my kids demolish it within minutes. After dessert we would have coffee and after eight mints and prepare for the after dinner entertainment …

After Dinner Entertainment
After dinner I would have my guests relax by pool, while the wonderful Conor Maynard serenaded them with his beautiful voice. I think I’d have a glitterball and some disco lights set up around the pool too, so people could dance if they wanted to as the night went on, and we would party through till dawn!

Conor MaynardVoting is now open!
If you enjoyed my post and would like to vote for me to win Clickstay’s blogger competition then make sure you visit the voting page, scroll down until you find ‘With love from Lou’ and then hit the vote button! I’m eternally grateful for any votes, so thank you in advance.

And there you have it, the 7 guests I’d invite to my fantasy dinner party.
Who would you invite to yours? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading guys.With love from Lou SignatureTwitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram | Pinterest

*Please note that this is my entry into Clickstay’s Food Blogger Competition
I have not been compensated for writing the post.

diaryofanimperfectmum

1. 11/05/2017 / 8:07 pm

This looks yummy! #Ablogginggoodtime

2. 12/05/2017 / 11:44 am

Love it! The Villa looks amazing and the food delicious.

3. 12/05/2017 / 3:03 pm

Can I come!? This looks like a great party! 🙂

• 13/05/2017 / 12:01 am

I’m thinking that in my mind I would have picked out something a little similar. I mean, my fantasy dinner party would definitely be overlooking the water and I’d probably have some pretty scrumptious looking food, similar to your dinner party! Have a great weekend! 🙂
      Mandee recently posted…Pigeon Forge: Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show Review #adMy Profile

4. 12/05/2017 / 3:41 pm

All that food looks great. And the company 🙂 But that tiramasu is my fave! And it’s PERFECT – like out of a magazine

5. 12/05/2017 / 4:20 pm

What a list!!! The food sounds amazing and exactly what I would pick. The people you’d invite are all stunning though so I would probably invite a few more Mums so I didn’t feel so dowdy and out of place 🙂

• 18/05/2017 / 12:29 am

Haha, of course! I’m glad someone else my age loves Conor as Stacey thinks it’s weird that an ‘old person’ likes him LOL 😀
      Louise recently posted…The Wedding Singer UK TourMy Profile

6. 12/05/2017 / 4:53 pm

I love the idea of this fantasy party! I’ll tell you right now if you do this I am totally in! The food looks great location looks great and man that company can’t be beat.
    Jeanette recently posted…Eco-Friendly Laundry TipsMy Profile

7. 12/05/2017 / 5:13 pm

I don’t know any of the people on the “guest list” but the food and villa look great.Can we invite Tom Hardy too?

8. 12/05/2017 / 7:20 pm

I am a Netflix lover too! Your dinner party sounds fab, the menu and villa look divine! x

9. 12/05/2017 / 9:33 pm

Oh i love a good tiramisu. Share the recipe you use perhaps?

10. 12/05/2017 / 11:58 pm

I just love the location you would choose for your fantasy dinner party, so very beautiful. I would be hard pressed to come up with a guest list if asked this question, it’s just not something I’ve ever thought about.
    Happily Hughes recently posted…48 Hour NYC Travel GuideMy Profile

11. 13/05/2017 / 12:30 am

You forgot someone who would be a great guest for your dinner party…me!! Seriously, that sounds like so much fun! I think I would ask Kristen Bell and Dax Sheppard. They are such a fun couple.
    Kelly Hutchinson recently posted…Vegan Chocolate Chunk Mixed Berry CookiesMy Profile

12. kelly reci
    13/05/2017 / 12:46 am

The dessert, Tiramisu looks so perfect and unique! that was a great party.

13. 13/05/2017 / 4:18 am

That view! This would be one heck of a dinner part. I’d have no problem hosting with that view and some of those guests.

14. 13/05/2017 / 4:41 am

Oh please invite me to your fantasy dinner party. The venue is amazing and the food looks yummy. Of course I am also excited about your guest list. I love Damon Salvatore and Caroline Forbes.
    Dogvills recently posted…5 Must Visit White Sand Beaches in the U.S.My Profile

15. 13/05/2017 / 7:51 am

The location looks amazing and I love italian food. No idea who your guests are though LOL

16. 13/05/2017 / 9:08 am

Have you got room for one more because I am definitely expecting an invite ha x

17. 13/05/2017 / 11:00 am

This sounds like the best dinner party ever! Can I come?!

18. Gabriel
    13/05/2017 / 2:01 pm

That’s an amazing location and it’s next to impossible to go wrong with Italian food. The people are eye candy to rival the scenery!

19. Zoe
    13/05/2017 / 6:56 pm

This sounds like a great party! The food looks delicious, the villa you’ve chosen is utterly beautiful and a great guest list too! I want to come along 🙂

20. 13/05/2017 / 9:23 pm

This is a fantastic post! It sounds like it’d be an amazing night!
    Sarah recently posted…Make It Monthly #5My Profile

21. 13/05/2017 / 10:56 pm

Wow, what a gorgeous spot for a party. I think you chose the perfect place. 😉

22. 14/05/2017 / 12:52 am

All the food looks so yummy! I ‘d love to be invited to a fantasy dinner. It sounds so cool and the food looks bomb diggit.

23. 14/05/2017 / 1:39 am

That is one hot fantasy party. I would have to invite Blake Shelton, Johnny Depp, Nathan Fillion and Tay Diggs. That would make it my kinda party!

24. Rosey
    14/05/2017 / 2:37 am

My fantasy Italian dinner would have good food, good people and good music. 😉 Not sure who I would invite, but I know it would probably be boring to others, lol. I like boring. 🙂

25. 14/05/2017 / 2:53 am

Heck yeah I want an invite to this party! I’m not familiar with Clickstay but that Villa is amazing. Definitely putting this on my bucket list and nice to know there’s a way to rent something this spectacular.

26. 14/05/2017 / 4:41 am

That villa looks simply stunning, and I must say I like who you chose as your party guests. But even if I can’t have the villa or the guests, more meatballs and tiramisu please! So hungry right now. haha
    Ashley Grant recently posted…The Fastest Way to Make a CUTE Dry Erase BoardMy Profile

27. 14/05/2017 / 6:32 am

Love it, such a unique type of post- I don’t think I’ve read anything similar on other blogs! Definitely put a smile on my face 🙂 That villa looks amazing, I’d go to a dinner party there any day of the week

28. 14/05/2017 / 9:45 am

I love the idea of this post. It’s a fun twist on blogging ideas. And even more so, I love that villa. It’s beautiful!

29. 14/05/2017 / 10:35 am

What would Blair Whaldorf do? I love that! Please can I come? Sounds incredible x

30. 14/05/2017 / 1:21 pm

But you didn’t invite any Italians to your dinner party! I think I’d have to ask Bob De Niro to be a waiter…

31. 14/05/2017 / 2:08 pm

This is such a fun idea for a blog post! I would totally stay at the villa! It is amazing! Colin/Capt Hook can come to my house for dinner anytime!
    Echo recently posted…3 Gifts Almost Any Mom Would LoveMy Profile

32. 14/05/2017 / 3:50 pm

I would love to come to your fantasy dinner. I love spaghetti and meatballs. I don’t make meatballs because they take quite a bit of work.

The tiramisu looks amazing too.
    uprunforlife recently posted…Top 25 Workout Songs from the ’80sMy Profile

33. 14/05/2017 / 6:22 pm

We’re addicted to watching Once Upon a Time so Captain Hook or Colin O’Donoghue would definitely be at our dinner table! What a fab location too 😉

34. 14/05/2017 / 7:59 pm

Oooh what a line up for your dinner party! I’ve not even watched half the shows but don’t they all look gorgeous!? And Sorrento would be idyllic.

35. 14/05/2017 / 10:24 pm

Lou that villa looks gorgeous! I have no idea who any of the guests are, I have to confess – I don’t have Netflix and don’t watch boxsets, sorry! But the menu sounds delicious, even though it’s so simple x
    Becca Talbot recently posted…Best male travel bloggers on Instagram.My Profile

36. Elizabeth O.
    15/05/2017 / 2:57 am

Everything looks amazing! It’s definitely a dinner party that you’ll want to have someday. I must say that the dishes you picked looked delightful!

37. adriana
    15/05/2017 / 3:16 am

Oh my gosh what a fun post! Isn’t Hanna Marin the best?! I love her, definitely my favorite on PLL! The suspense is killing me too but I also don’t want it to end!

38. 15/05/2017 / 5:33 am

What an awesome dinner party, I would love to go to that!! I also love those meatballs!!

39. 15/05/2017 / 12:38 pm

The location and the views would be a true fantasy dinner. I’d have some of my favorite characters attend as well. I love the Vampire Diaries but haven’t watched Pretty Little Liars yet.
    Terri Beavers recently posted…Apple Pie Jam Canning & Preserves Level EasyMy Profile

40. 15/05/2017 / 2:44 pm

How hilarious is that! Love it! Can I be invited, too, please :)? I’d love to meet Mr Salvatore!

41. Jeni Hawkins
    15/05/2017 / 5:24 pm

Italian is seriously one of my favorite cuisines. This night and party sounds amazing!

42. 16/05/2017 / 4:57 pm

Add me to this fantasy dinner party! I would love to go eat that yummy Italian food (love that Italian food!), with the villa as the location super pretty place… and don’t even get me started on the guest list, I’d sit right in the middle of those good looking guys (you can too, since it’s your fantasy!lol) Good luck with making this happen (and remember to invite me if you make this happen!)
    Eloise recently posted…It All Starts With Mental StrengthMy Profile

43. 17/05/2017 / 8:18 pm

Oh yes please. How do I get an invite?!
    Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime Please join us next week too!

44. 17/05/2017 / 9:12 pm

This is pretty awesome blog post. I kinda want to do a post like this. All of these men actors are simply beautiful, lol. The food made me crazy hungry too.