Transforming Your Home with Gorgeous Mural Wallpaper

Transforming Your Home With Gorgeous Mural WallpaperI don’t know about you but I always find decorating the home to be such a faff. It can take a long time, cost an absolute fortune, and create more of a mess than I really want to be dealing with. Having said that though, I really like to put my own stamp on a place. So decorating is a must. And my favourite way of doing it without it feeling like a chore is to use art and accessories that don’t take long to hang. This is especially good if I’m living in rented accommodation too as landlords don’t tend to like people changing the decor. And even if they don’t mind, they very often ask you to change it back to how it was before you leave.

So, I hear you asking what sort of art and accessories I like to use when I’m doing up my house. And I have to say that vinyl wall stickers are always a winner – especially for the kids rooms. They are super easy to apply, and take just minutes to stick on (whereas painting or papering would take the best part of a day). They are usually reusable too, so if you need to reposition them you can do so without damaging the walls. Pretty awesome huh?!

I also really like mural wallpaper, which is great if you like having just one ‘feature wall’ per room. These wallpapers are very similar to the vinyl stickers and are self adhesive, easy to apply, and can be moved or repositioned when needed. I’d take decorating with these over painting or traditional wallpapering any day of the week!

I recently came across a website called PIXERS, who design and make an absolutely massive range of awesome mural wallpapers and vinyl stickers alongside other things. And I’ve already picked out loads that I would like to use in my own home next year. And as they can be made in all different sizes it gives me piece of mind that they will fit my walls. Brilliant!

As I know you guys like seeing what things I currently have my eye on, I’ve shared some of my favourite wall murals below …

Cherry Blossom Wall Mural from Pixers

CHERRY BLOSSOM WALL MURAL

I absolutely adore this oriental looking wall mural with a cherry blossom print. I think it would look great in a bedroom filled with other Japanese inspired decor such as a paper lantern light shade!

Mountains and Clouds Wall Mural from Pixers

MOUNTAINS & CLOUDS WALL MURAL

I’m a big fan of black, white and grey decor, so this wall mural with clouds looming over a mountain is right up my street! If i updated my bedroom with this today I wouldn’t have to change anything else in the room as it would fit in perfectly. I love it!

Pastel Hearts Mural from Pixers

PASTEL HEARTS WALL MURAL

Next year I’m wanting to give the feature wall in Stacey’s room a new lease of life, and as she currently has a lilac carpet and white furniture I think this wall mural with pastel hearts scattered all over it would look fantastic!

Pastel Clouds Wall Mural from Pixers

PASTEL CLOUDS WALL MURAL

If you’re looking to brighten up your living space then pastel colours are the way to go. And I think this cloud themed wall mural would look gorgeous in a living room filled with this years colour(s) of the year : Rose Quartz and Serenity.

Stones Wall Mural from Pixers

STONES WALL MURAL

And last but certainly not least I love this wall mural that looks like exposed stone. I think it would add some real character to a living room, and create a talking point whenever guests are around. And it looks so realistic as well!

And there you have it – a great way to give your home a new lease of life without having to spend a fortune or live with a mess for days on end. There are hundreds of other designs on the PIXERS website. And as well as wallpaper murals and vinyl stickers they do other things such as posters and prints. There really is something for everyone to decorate their space with!

What are your thoughts on decorating with wallpaper murals?
Why not let me know in the comments below!
With love from Lou Signature

*Collaborative Post

Digiprove sealCopyright protected by Digiprove © 2016 Louise Smith

1. hannah
    17/12/2016 / 3:08 pm

I’v never thought about having mural wallpaper, it does look great x

2. 17/12/2016 / 9:44 pm

The wall murals in your photos are beautiful. I have not ever done one but like the idea. I remember my uncle had a rain forest one many years ago and I was so fascinated by it.

3. 18/12/2016 / 12:40 am

Wow these are incredible. My favourites are the top 2; they almost look painted on! x

4. 18/12/2016 / 7:50 am

Such beautiful decorating ideas, these! We put up a space mural in my eldest son’s bedroom about 10 years ago and it’s still going strong. Murals are a great way to make a feature wall.
    Elizabeth recently posted…Chewy Trail Mix Oatmeal CookiesMy Profile

5. 18/12/2016 / 1:52 pm

I have looked at these murals before and love them, there are so many to choose from these days x
    StressedMum recently posted…An Update – 17/12/16My Profile

6. 18/12/2016 / 6:28 pm

Wall murals are such a great idea to decorate a space with and loving the ones you’ve shared.
    Anosa recently posted…Five Things week 8My Profile

7. 18/12/2016 / 10:27 pm

Woow, these murals look amazing! I need to decorate my house now, but I do agree with you that it’s such a mess and too expensive 🙁

• 20/12/2016 / 2:40 am

The mess is the biggest thing that really puts me off decorating. Which is probably why I find these murals such a great idea 😉
      Louise recently posted…Skincare Christmas Gift Guide 2016My Profile

8. 19/12/2016 / 9:29 am

I love this idea! I have a lot of white walls in my place so would love to add a little colour this way x

9. Jacqui Odell
    19/12/2016 / 2:22 pm

I love this idea. I am wanting to redo a couple of the rooms in my house. I may try this.

10. 19/12/2016 / 6:19 pm

I’ve never even heard of this before. It’s so beautiful, thanks for sharing. This would look great in my husbands mans cave.

11. 19/12/2016 / 6:22 pm

These look so cool, I really like the Cherry Blossom one! The heart one would be great for a kids room too x

12. 19/12/2016 / 10:15 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous! I have not seen these before, but will definitely be in the market for them now. I can imagine changing the entire look of a space with just this one addition, and the ease of it as well.

13. Angela
    20/12/2016 / 12:17 am

I love this idea. That top image looks so enchanting. I would love something like that for my bedroom.

14. 20/12/2016 / 3:12 am

Oh wow, you could really add a lot to a room with a pretty mural wallpaper. What an awesome design idea!

15. 20/12/2016 / 6:28 am

These are all so pretty! I love the idea of wallpaper for a home! Our walls are really textured so unfortunately no wallpaper will work in our home. I can enjoy these pretty inspirational rooms instead 🙂
    Emily recently posted…How to cozy up a home with decor for winterMy Profile

16. Jamie T. Bonner
    24/12/2016 / 10:37 am

I love the pastels cloud mural. I think I will be in heaven if I will decorate it in my house. So feel refreshing and positive life with those awesome mural wallpapers. How I wish I could have that someday when we build our house. Thank you so much for sharing it here. Happy Holidays!

xoxo, Jamie