This week, the world has been going crazy over the news of the latest Royal arrival, Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, who was born last Saturday at the Lindo Wing of of St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
To commemorate the birth of the new Royal, the lovely people at Stork imagined what the first few hours settling in to her new home might be like, and with the help of a couple of Kate and Wills lookalikes, they recreated the scene as they imagined it, photographing the couple standing by a delicious looking giant pink gender reveal cupcake they’d whipped up in celebration of the happy news.
They also made a batch of smaller cupcakes (pictured behind the giant gender reveal cake) which have raspberries and white chocolate in the centre. These are perfect for budding bakers to make for baby showers or to celebrate the safe arrival of a new baby.
The cupcakes are quick and easy to make, and my friends over at Stork asked me so nicely if I would share the recipe with you guys today that I just couldn’t say no. I think I’m even going to have a go at making some myself over the weekend as they look extremely tasty!
So, without further ado, let me tell you how you can make them too …
- 165g margarine
- 115g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 165g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 120g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 40g grated white chocolate
- 70g meringues, broken
- 130g white chocolate, broken
- Pink sprinkles
- Edible gold stars
- 90ml double cream
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 3 small sheets of edible gold leaf (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c (160°c fan)/356°f/Gas mark 4
- Line a muffin tin with 12 bright pink paper cases
- In a large bowl, beat together the margarine, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, self-raising flour, and milk until evenly combined.
- Fold in the rapberries and grated white chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden in colour and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Crumble the meringues into a bowl, breaking up any large pieces. Add the melted white chocolate and stir well.
- Top each cupcake with the chocolate meringue mixture to form the nests.
- Softly whip the double cream and add a teaspoon to the centre of each nest. Top with the fresh raspberries, sprinkle with the edible gold stars and pink sprinkles and top with a small piece pf edible gold leaf if desired.
Are you guys excited by the arrival of the new baby Princess?
Why not let me know in the comments below.